UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-man Friends and Foes

SouthFLGuy

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This set's come out of nowhere but I'm really pleased.

Black Cat! Yay! Given that her last appearance as a Minimate was as a "parts re-use" wave, I'm stoked to see her again.

Doc Ock! Undoubtedly one of the Minimates that really needed a redo from an earlier appearance, those new tentacle arms look mean!

Vulture! High on most Spidey fans lists but always unlikely cos of the wings, this looks to be a very cool Minimate.

And, of course we have to have a Spidey. As looks go, battle damaged is pretty good if executed well. I like what they've done with the mask, exposing the mouth rather than an eye like they always seem to do.

One of my most anticipated sets in a long, long time!

Amazing looking Minimates! These enemies were inevitable, and look very nice. The battle damaged Spidey also looks surprisingly good.

Now waits for TM2 Dino to have a "geekgasm" over Black Cat :lol:

Or to be incredibly upset about some minor detail.

Edited by karamazov80

Bleh on Battle-Damaged Spidey. I'm fully aware that there needs to be a Spidey released every 5 minutes and he makes perfect sence for inclusion in a 4-pack related to him, but I'd really rather have seen a Spider-Sense Spidey [with a color scheme using one of these inverted, high-contrast or clear versions of his regular colors] or a similarly Spideyish costume.

Black Cat, well, not bad. Finally one with some fur on her costume and a non-Jean Grey hair sculpt.

Doc Ock... it figures they'd turn around and make a better one after I upgraded my Ock's arms :D Still, the new arms, fatsuit and hair are excellent sculpts, and that new face deco is wow. This'll replace my default Ock, and I can still retain the tentacle-walker. I wonder how grafting these arms to an Iron Spidey would go [probably not much of a go there, since they seem to come from pipes installed into the back of the fatsuit piece].

Vulture is awesome, and I can't wait for them to start maximizing this new mold piece the way they did Angel's -- both classic and modern looks for Falcon, young 90s animated series Vulture, "Spectacular Spider-Man" red/black Vulture...

It looks like we might see a return of that hookshot hand Spidey had so, so long ago.

But yay, we finally finish the original Sinister Six! (Of course, comic Sandman needs an update now to match the other five, but at least we have all six in some form)

I was thinkin that about the hand or perhaps it'll be a flat hand similar to the Iron Man repulsor hand, to mimic being a web shooting hand *doh just looked at the pic better and saw the web hook in the puc lol*

I love the vulture and the updated minimates look good...I even enjoy how that spidey looks

Jeff of the Miniacs

Edited by minijeff

WOOOOHOOOO!

And this is SO weird... I just created a QC of a mash-up between Ultimate and 616 Vulture and had enough time to fall in love with it... And they announce the official! Oy vey... Well hey, Sinister Six is DONE!

And Sandman... Yeah I know that not many were fans of this sandman but there was one in the boxset with Hydro-Man and Torment Spidey. The Classic Spidey boxset. But as for me and my house, we will use the Movie one.

Totally out of the blue and not a bad line up.

Of course this set needs a Spidey one way other the other so I can let slide yet another battle damaged one.

Ock looks better face wise then the original one but I would have prefered a long lab or overcoat then the tubby belly.

I have no issues with the original Blackcat minimate but this one passes ok if you haven't got access to an older one.

At last a Vulture minimate and very nice it is. Liking the wings a good way to give the figure mobility without bulking it out too much like the Man-Bat wings. this double wing treatment would work just as well as has been said on a Falcon Minimate and the inner wing treatment has already been used on Black Bolt and maybe in the future a Mobius Minimate.

For me the Vulture Minimate is going to be the whole reason to get this set. Now just to wait to see who is selling it, My guess is TRU

Seconded on being a fan of movie Sandman. Definitely one of DST's better attempts at making a minimate of him IMO. At least those Spiderman 3 waves got one thing right. (Two if you count the other Sandman. Three if you count Harry-Goblin. Four if you count the Transforming Eddie variant... which I don't, I think it's too weird.)

........and Falcon, Falcon, Falcon.(this IS the start of my Kang-like thread for Falcon.) :thumbsup: Falcon, Falcon, Falcon!!!!!!!

Eh? I thought we already had that thread.

Spider-Man is his own friend, eh? That's kind of sad.

Ah, it depends if Felicia Hardy is a good girl or a bad girl this time :)

Wasn't there also some story arc where Doc Ock turned good temporarily? Can't remember if it happened in 616 or in an alternate continuity. (Spiderman Reign? Nah, doesn't sound right.)

For me the Vulture Minimate is going to be the whole reason to get this set. Now just to wait to see who is selling it, My guess is TRU

Makes me wonder who we might get in a TRU 2-pack? If they do a 1 per case, TRU-exclusive Lizard, I swear I'll blow up my local Toys R Us.

Vulture Yay(bring on the Falcon)

Doc Octopus looks good too

Do we really need a new Black cat? (No)

another Battle damaged Spider-man (Yawn) if we must get a Spidey every set at least make it something new from the multitudes that are left(as noted elsewhere)

All in all a pretty boring set except for Vulture

Edited by Mattallica

Excited to finally get the Vulture, now that we have almost all of the Spidey Rogues hopefully we can see villains from other corners of the Marvel Universe. Ock looks good, I liked the first Black Cat but this one looks good too, but Battle Damaged Spidey? Again? Isn't this the fourth one? Yeesh.