UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-man Friends and Foes

SouthFLGuy

Um, no.

I just got notice that my set has shipped and could be here as early as tomorrow. I'll know tomorrow what the expected shipping date is, but sometimes I get stuff from them a day after it ships (one of the few advantages of living in the middle of the country).

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, no.

I just got notice that my set has shipped and could be here as early as tomorrow. I'll know tomorrow what the expected shipping date is, but sometimes I get stuff from them a day after it ships (one of the few advantages of living in the middle of the country).

if you do post some pics!

Got my set today. My 'Spider-Man Friends & Foes' set was actually a Dark Reign set, inside a Thunderbolts box that had been opened and severly crushed. This explains a lot. What's not explainable is how TRU customer service doesn't service the customer when you complain. My guess is someone returned a mixed up box and someone at TRU tried to fill inthe blanks as to what it was. And since Spider-Man is on box...

Got my set today. My 'Spider-Man Friends & Foes' set was actually a Dark Reign set, inside a Thunderbolts box that had been opened and severly crushed. This explains a lot. What's not explainable is how TRU customer service doesn't service the customer when you complain. My guess is someone returned a mixed up box and someone at TRU tried to fill inthe blanks as to what it was. And since Spider-Man is on box...

Wow. Just... wow.

Are they giving you a refund? You could just sell it on ebay as a Super Rare Factory Error Set Only One Made VHTF!!!! ;)

ahh thats bullshit i hate TRU's shipping service i once ordered a stealth ironman 2 pack(when it was instock) and they sent me a kraven/spidey 2 pack then when i asked them to fix it they told me the ironman packs were sold out

that sucks....

My comic shop is getting in the Spider–Man Friends and Foes box set this Wednesday, along with wave 33 and the individual Iron Man 2 movie packs, but conspicuously no wave 34…hmmm…good thing I jumped on the BBTS bandwagon and got these early because who knows when these will be released nationwide.

I believe it's officially time to not be nice.

My comic shop is getting in the Spider–Man Friends and Foes box set this Wednesday, along with wave 33 and the individual Iron Man 2 movie packs, but conspicuously no wave 34…hmmm…good thing I jumped on the BBTS bandwagon and got these early because who knows when these will be released nationwide.

Probably the week after?? I assumed DST was actually implementing that "Wave a week apart to save money" gig. They've done it once already, after all.

It's not like thay'll never get them. Hell, my LCS just got a restock of Waves 31 and 32.

That really is awful, GH. I'm sorry to hear it.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Behold, Spider-Man's Friends and Foes:

100_1980.jpg

When I called TRU's customer (dis)service, the man took my complaint and offered to send a shipping label to have it returned. He also confirmed it was no longer in stock, but told me if it did show up again I could order it with free shipping. I expressed my frustration that I placed a $50 order and that the only reason I bought all of the other things was because I wanted to get this set and since I was already paying the shipping I went ahead and added a few clearance items (oddly enough, I bought another Dark Reign set when I did). He said he'd send me two return labels-one for the set and one for in case I wanted to send it all back. He apologized, but it sounded completely forced. I've gotten much better service from them before with matters that were much less embarrassing for their company. I expect no less from them, but it still makes me mad when people who're paid to represent their company and satisfy customers don't really care aout anything more than a paycheck.

In fairness, if I was a grunt working for an evil multi-national company, having to deal with disgruntled customers who constantly get screwed over by the cost-cutting practices of said company (shipping things in padded envelopes, etc.), I probably wouldn't be too enthused, either. Just enough not to get fired. Isn't that what they said in Office Space?

My comic shop is going out of business, and gets no new Minimates :(

Ugh. Hate hearin' that. No way around shipping costs then.

yeah, that does suck. sorry, man! :(

my LCS dude said that series 33 and the spidey set weren't on their inventory list for this week. should i be worried? i'm supposed to call him NEXT tuesday to see what's coming in then, but i really hate the idea of trying to hunt all these down online after they have already hit everywhere else if it turns out my shop flubbed up on their orders... <_<

I mostly ordered online anyway because my shop was pretty hit-or-miss in terms of getting them in-stock, but my Minimate obsession started at that place, and I would stop by, basically just for Minimates once a month or so. It does suck to see it go under. One of the guys there says he plans on opening a new shop though. I hope it works out. This is the second one in town that's closed since I've lived here.