UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-man Friends and Foes

SouthFLGuy

another Battle damaged Spider-man (Yawn) if we must get a Spidey every set at least make it something new from the multitudes that are left(as noted elsewhere)

Personally, I would prefer improved re-dos of older figures over, say, these guys:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/earth5701a5.JPG

http://www.urbanspecies.co.uk/images/spide...-Man-courte.jpg

http://www.dominion.tempusdesign.com/profi...erPadded425.gif

Oh, wait. . .

Seriously though, does anyone really think we aren't gonna get at least 50 other versions of Spidey at some point? :lol:

Don't worry, your favorite, lame-o, obscure Spidey outfit from 1991 is coming.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but Battle Damaged Spidey? Again? Isn't this the fourth one? Yeesh.

To be fair, he does get beat up an awful lot :P

Really excited about this one! That Vulture is perfect, the Ock arms are great, and I didn't think we needed a new Black Cat until I saw this one, so it's a pleasant surprise. At this point my pile of unwanted battle-damaged Spideys is starting to look like a mass grave, but I'm fine with it as long as Karamazov's Lizard prediction doesn't come true!

Bleh on Battle-Damaged Spidey. I'm fully aware that there needs to be a Spidey released every 5 minutes and he makes perfect sence for inclusion in a 4-pack related to him, but I'd really rather have seen a Spider-Sense Spidey [with a color scheme using one of these inverted, high-contrast or clear versions of his regular colors] or a similarly Spideyish costume.

SECOND! Why not release either an update on one of the variants instead of the classic costume all the time? To be honest, every time I see a minimate of the classic costume whether it's normal, battle damaged, unmasked or unmasked and battle damaged I can't help but get put off it. Plus I've loved the Scarlet costume ever since I was 12/13 (the Clone saga was the first comic arc I EVER read). I can't say I was to impressed with the Scarlet we got a few years back, so why not release an update on that one. I'd love it if he had a removeable mask but I think I'm the only person in the world who likes Spidey minimates with a removeable mask. Hell, I'd take battle damaged if that's what it takes!

As for the rest of the box set, I'm liking the updated Doc Ock and Black Cat, and they've done a great job on Vulture. However the Spidey mate has left suhc a bitter taste in my mouth I may pass on it :/.

Love it when news and pictures turn up out of the blue.

Not interested in the Black Cat, Vulture looks great and finally gonna pick up a Doc Oc, skipped the first one cos I thought it sucked.

But the pick of the bunch is the BD Spiderman I think. I know the majority of people here have had there fill, but I haven't. And regardless of how many BD Spidermen we've had before, individually this is one great looking minimate.

Whoopee!

Finally a Vulture! And he looks so cool! THANKS DST! You've made a dream come true in this set. An absolute dream!

That Doc Ock looks fantastic too! In fact, all of 'em do!

No complaints here! Maybe this'll start a trend... with the next Spidey set being "Lizard, Morbius, 6-armed Spidey and somebody else?

Great great great lookin'!

And those wings'll make for a couple of fantastic Falcon's! (gimme at LEAST 3 versions.... green, classic and modern).

Now to find out where I can find this one and when!

Edited by Mystery Man

Awesome! I can't wait for the set. As others have said, a new Black Cat is welcome, and I'm glad I didn't buy first appearance Sabretooth to attempt to give her a fur collar XD I will probably end up using BD Spidey as a base for Doppelganger.

Oh Sweet! We're getting so close to completing the Spider-man Ditko villians now. We still need Lizard and...the Enforcers?

Come to think of it, the Enforcers would be pretty easy customs. I'll get to work on those now.

I actually may pick this up. I'm not a big enough Spidey fan to have to get every member of his rogue's gallery, but Doc Ock really needed this update. He looks good and so does Vulture. I had the same thoughts, that now we can finally get a Falcon. Why does BC always have to smile, though. :lol: I'm a little disappointed in her although she does look better than the first one. Of course....I have no interest at all in another BD Spidey...but I suppose he had to be included. All in all, it's a pretty nice assortment.

No complaints here! Maybe this'll start a trend... with the next Spidey set being "Lizard, Morbius, 6-armed Spidey and somebody else?

Prowler? If it has to be a good guy...

If not, maybe The Rose or a Rhino redo.

I'd vote Prowler or Molten Man straight off because they've never been made.

A classic, updated Rhino or a classic, updated Punisher would be super cool.

And from a "no chance in heck, but wouldn't it be cool" point of view... gimme the Crime Master!

Having just read the 4th edition of Marvel Masterworks, don't forget the Molten Man, the Meteor, Professor Stromm and his robots, and Joe Smith!

Yeah!

Plus the Crime Master, the Enforcers and the Big Man, and that nutty robot that attacked Peter in the high school. You know, the Living Brain? It's the coolest!

Why does BC always have to smile, though.

I've only read a few Black Cat stories, but she did spend the bulk of them smiling mischieviously, even mid-battle...

I feel like both minimates capture her flirty personality well, but this one loses that old overused hairpiece so automatically wins (ironic that the one time I thought that hairpiece looked perfect was on the She-Hulk prototype... and then they changed it).

Well continuing that trend of scientists turned into monsters, I'd go with the Jackal. Miles Warren would be a nice addition to Spidey's growing rogues gallery.

I'd rather see a redone Rhino come out with Beetle, Speed Demon, and Boomerang for a Sinister Syndicate set.

you know in the Road Runner cartoons where the Coyote pours a small pile of metal pellets, then covers it with a bigger pile of bird seed, sticks a sign in it that says "Free Bird Seed!" and then glues a stick of dynamite and magnet to a rollerskate?

Yeah, that seems like the perfect way to describe how feel about this set!

Vulture and Doc Ock are yummy birdseed, you see them in the middle of the road (internet news sites) stop and go, "OH HEY! I want!!!" and then Black Cat is the sign: Largely unneeded but still works towards making the overall package more appealing. (would the road runner have NOT eatten the seed without the sign? he'll eat off the road, but only if a sign says it's free?) Battle Damage Spider-man is the metal pellets, no one wants him on his own but he's hidden amongst the goodies so you take him anyway, and he COULD cause you to explode if the rollerskate doesn't fall apart or stay glued to the Coyote (who I guess represents TRU or AFX or Previews or something, I don't know...)

So basically I have no idea why I'm allowed to talk either.

I like this set, I know lots of people wanted doc ock upgrade, but personally i think rhino needs it the most before ock. But'm i'm okay with getting a new one. Totally love vulture.

I like the old black cat figure, and even tho' i really like black cat, i'd prefered just about any other classic spidey baddie. Lizard, Jackl, man-wolf.. and especially morbius, i'd even take hypno hustler.

But with this i feel the only essential big bads for spidey thats left id lizard. Theres still otheres I'd get, but if the line were to end suddenly it would feel incomplete minus lizard.

I may turn black cat into black canary.

Edited by Ray

you know in the Road Runner cartoons where the Coyote pours a small pile of metal pellets, then covers it with a bigger pile of bird seed, sticks a sign in it that says "Free Bird Seed!" and then glues a stick of dynamite and magnet to a rollerskate?

Yeah, that seems like the perfect way to describe how feel about this set!

Vulture and Doc Ock are yummy birdseed, you see them in the middle of the road (internet news sites) stop and go, "OH HEY! I want!!!" and then Black Cat is the sign: Largely unneeded but still works towards making the overall package more appealing. (would the road runner have NOT eatten the seed without the sign? he'll eat off the road, but only if a sign says it's free?) Battle Damage Spider-man is the metal pellets, no one wants him on his own but he's hidden amongst the goodies so you take him anyway, and he COULD cause you to explode if the rollerskate doesn't fall apart or stay glued to the Coyote (who I guess represents TRU or AFX or Previews or something, I don't know...)

So basically I have no idea why I'm allowed to talk either.

No. I followed what you were saying. :) Hahaha