• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JIM

LEE

_ _ _ _ M

JIM

LEE

STORM?

Maybe??... the only thing that would make me second-guess the Jim Lee thing is that he's with D.C. now, so it's possible that even if merch is based on his art, AA may not advertise it as such.

JIM

LEE

_ _ _ _ M

JIM

LEE

STORM?

Oh, I like this guess. Especially when you think about the fact that they have designed a cape piece for her with the Captain Marvel Minimate. Are they teasing the next Marvel wave?

JIM

LEE

_ _ _ _ M

JIM

LEE

STORM?

Oh, I like this guess. Especially when you think about the fact that they have designed a cape piece for her with the Captain Marvel Minimate. Are they teasing the next Marvel wave?

They better be. I want a "Jimmy's Jean and Scott," and Sinister!! :thumbsup:

They better be. I want a "Jimmy's Jean and Scott," and Sinister!! :thumbsup:

Well, with the new Gambit and Sabretooth, Diamond does seem to be going on a 90's X-Men binge. I could see a wave with Jim Lee Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Mr. Sinister, and maybe Cable and Hellfire Club Guard as the army builder.

Edited by boyd

JIM

LEE

_ _ _ _ M

JIM

LEE

STORM?

hmmmm interesting thought there B.....seeing how SDCC is coming and they will be showing the two new waves off there as has been the norm

Jeff of the Miniacs

Ok here is what I have. I don't think that the number represent letters I added them up and got the following:

50+59+12=121

47+89+89=225

3+96+74+78+12=263

After doing this I sought out covers of different Marvel comics with these numbers, doing so led me to believe that this is going to be an X-men wave.

Here is the cover of Uncanny X-Men 121

121-19.jpg

Who wouldn't like Alpha Flight mates?

Here is the cover for Uncanny X-Men 225

225-1.jpg

Comic Blob anyone?

Here is the cover for Uncanny X-Men 263

263-1.jpg

An official forge Minimate would be cool.

All of this is completely based on a hunch so try not to be too pissed if I turn out to be full of crap, but you have to admit it's an amazing coincidence that those numbers lead to those covers of mates that have yet to be made. I wonder what sort of X-Men army builder they could have though? *Cough* Hellfire Club *Cough*

Again pure speculation.

Although Avengers 225 contains this fellow:

225-1.jpg

I am going to stop now before I drive myself insane.

This is a great riddle in it's whole nerdness.

I've googled a lot of sites and possibilities so far but don't come up with any clue at all. Maybe it has something to do with Marvel's 70s birthday? I like the minimadman's idea with the numbers referring to iconic covers, but I don't think that we should just sumerize those numbers. It would be totally random to use 89 twice in that one row. OK, maybe this should lead us in false direction, but regarding how hard this whole thing is - and keeping in mind that this board might be the B.P.R.D. for nerdness - I don't see this. I mean, we don't have any direction so far. Leading us in any direction would maybe help at this point. :blink:

ok i'm using the numbers that keep repeating themselves for the lottery tomorrow................... if i win and bad things start happening to people i know and i end up on an island i'm coming looking for DSTMatt

Edited by winkerbean

here is what I have come up with so far

_ _ _ R _ _ _ E _ T

two five letter words...time to hit the marvel encyclopedia

Jeff of the Miniacs

How did you get that? The last number in the first word and first number of the second word are the same (17).

If the Jim Lee thing was right, and the second clue also refers to an artist-specific render of someone, then this could be really cool. We already got McFarlane and Ditko Spideys, and I think they worked out very well (though Kirby Hulk was less of a success. . .). C'mon Mike Zeck Punisher, John Byrne Wolverine and Art Adams Longshot!

here is what I have come up with so far

_ _ _ R _ _ _ E _ T

two five letter words...time to hit the marvel encyclopedia

Jeff of the Miniacs

HYDRA AGENT!

I seriously think we have cracked the code. The first one has to be JIM LEE STORM. The letters are randomly assigned to a set of numbers. I am assuming this won't just be a two pack, and if Hydra Agent is correct, maybe its the next wave, since that would be an army builder? If so, we are probably getting more codes, and the next ones will be easier now that we know a few numbers!

:D :D :D