UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Error, Does not compute?

Punisher

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as i would love it, do you think it's too soon to get another X-Men centered wave, considering we're getting one this summer/fall?

IF we do... i'd like to see...

Storm/Forge

Banshee/Jubilee

Dazzler/Long Shot...

Villains, if we had to throw some in, would include Sinister, Spiral, Blob, Omega Red, beefed up Juggernaut...

Avengers...?

Black Panther, Tigra, Mocking Bird... um... i'm not so versed on the Avengers, as i've only started reading them when New Avengers came along...

this will likely be a mix-and-match set, though, like the wave that had Ms Marvel and Archangel and Spider-Man ect...

but boy that X-Men wave is lovely sounding to me!

... although, shouldn't an African-American wave include Falcon?

yes, yes it should! I can't believe I forgot him! He can replace War Machine or Blade since we have good enough versions of each of them!

although... if it's an "African-American" wave it can't include Storm, Black Panther, or Blade since none of them were born in America (unless Storm and BP have dual-citizenships and Blade has been retconned to be more like the movies and is no longer from London)

Im no good at number word or games of any sort!So this is really anoying c'mon DST tell us already!

That is a shock to many of us :ohmy:

How is that a shock exactly?

(To phrase it the way Clayface would:)

Haha, exactly. See, BHM was right.

Im no good at number word or games of any sort!So this is really anoying c'mon DST tell us already!

I get it, nice one!!!!

although... if it's an "African-American" wave it can't include Storm, Black Panther, or Blade since none of them were born in America (unless Storm and BP have dual-citizenships and Blade has been retconned to be more like the movies and is no longer from London)

I seriously doubt the theme of the wave would be so specific as to exclude characters based on nationality.

Ah heck, who cares. So far, if these predictions are correct, DST has killed three more of my customs. I fear for what the rest of this wave (or waves) will bring.

And that is why I rarely make Marvel customs, unless I think there's little to no chance of an official version coming down the pipe (like the Son of Satan one I'm working on now). Let this me a lesson to you, customizers! Make DC customs! You know those won't be replaced....

Did Baron Zemo work with Hydra? I know Baron Von Strucker did.

Nope, neither one did (that I know of).

I would think that Storm and BP will be paired together, but since Storm's wearing an old X-Men costume, who knows. I think this might be a "most wanted" type of wave: Storm with Mr. Sinister, BP with Kang, Captain Marvel with Hydra (even though there's no connection there) with Genis being the variant. That would be a pretty good wave.

That's my guess too, X-Force Wolverine. Looks like were not out of the varinat woods yet.

And for those of you living under a rock, this is what he's gonna look like.

x-force-1.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

With all given respect to Logan - and I'm really looking forward to get that wave what-is-it? 28 Wolverine - X-Force Wolvie seems to be the most uninteresting mate in this new prospective wave so far. But he might be the - to qoute NorthRaider - "cash cow" in that wave so we probably won't be irritated with one of the other cash cattle like Spidey. Or Hulk. Or Iron Man. <_<

Anyway, today's code was cracked pretty fast!

According to my count, we're only missing Q, U and Z. I think the code cracking will snowball as of now.

Is there any logic or theme to this upcoming wave(s) or do you all think it's gonna be a hodge-podge of heroes and villains unrelated to each other?

I just have to say that, as usual, I have no problem with another Wolverine if it means the minimate line continues. If we really are getting two wave reveals, as MiniJeff suspects, we will probably see a Spider-Man too. :P

It would be nice to get Toad in his first appearance garb. It would complete Art Asylum's first Minimate Poster.

Toad and Magneto formed the first evil team in the X-Men comics. Like the often used cliche, Toad was the hapless henchmen to Magneto's villainous mastermind. I think Magneto ditched Toad after being defeated too many times because of the idiotic servant.

It would be nice to see writers bring back the Magneto/Toad team-up with a more contemporary relationship. Every successful evil megalomaniac needs a servile tool to do his bidding.

toad.gif

exactly :thumbsup:;)

The second word is Wolverine. The first word I got _ _ _ orce. I'm guessing X-Force Wolverine

That would mean

85=W

57=V

69=X

-=66

F=87

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope this is true! x-force is my favorite comic, and it'd be sweet to have them in mate form =) yeah if I get an x-force wolvie all my other 49060987 wolvies are up for grabs

With all given respect to Logan - and I'm really looking forward to get that wave what-is-it? 28 Wolverine - X-Force Wolvie seems to be the most uninteresting mate in this new prospective wave so far. But he might be the - to qoute NorthRaider - "cash cow" in that wave so we probably won't be irritated with one of the other cash cattle like Spidey. Or Hulk. Or Iron Man. <_<

Anyway, today's code was cracked pretty fast!

So fast I feel almost guilty that we're all reaping so much from the hard work of a few.

Depending on how they do him, X-Force Wolvie might just qualify as one of the few ad nauseam variations I wouldn't mind getting. If he's just going to be a straightforward silver repaint of the GSXM or wave 28 Wolvie then I can probably skip him, otherwise though I personally find this particular variant acceptable in that he at least makes some iota of sense and reflects a somewhat noteworthy chapter in Wolvie's comic timeline (in this case, the turbulent aftermath of House of M). X-Force Wolverine certainly makes more sense than the gazillion civvie Logan/Huge Ackman variants we've already gotten.

To use a more concrete analogy, this version could be to Wolverine what the Amazing Fantasy version was to Spidey some five waves ago: In a perfect world where the Marvel line gets more "balanced" character lineup selections, these are the Wolvie/Spidey versions we can actually justify and appreciate without sounding like rabid fanboys.

[/wishful thinking]

Once again, I reserve final judgment for when we actually see proto pics of these new 'mates.

According to my count, we're only missing Q, U and Z. I think the code cracking will snowball as of now.

Day 5: Baron Zemo Arnim Zola Zzzax :P

Day 6: Quasar!

Yep, that should cover the rest of the alphabet for the cipher ;)

The only theme I see building is characters in black/grey costumes! heh

I wonder if X-28 or whatever her name is will make it in? Being Wolverine related, I'm surprised she hasn't been 'mated yet.

Unless the minimates are from two different waves, this appears to be a hodge-podge wave.

It still fits into either the "Married Couples", "NEW Fantastic Four", or even "Black Costumes" waves I came up with early... might not be as hodge-podge as you'd think (though it probably is)

The only theme I see building is characters in black/grey costumes! heh

I wonder if X-28 or whatever her name is will make it in? Being Wolverine related, I'm surprised she hasn't been 'mated yet.

Hydra wear neither black nor grey.

Oh, and it's X-23. Chuck jokingly said in the past that should Wolverine and Spider-Man get taken off the table, we could expect X-23 and Spider-Woman to take their place as "beat us to death" variants. Still, odd we haven't gotten girl Wolverine yet. Maybe she'll come bundled with this Wolvie, and it would be a pain cracking her day's code, since half of her name is already numbers.