UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

My guess on the "complementary" set: Either Mighty Avengers ("new Wasp" Hank Pym, Jocasta, Jarvis, Amadeus Cho, etc.) or (wait for it).... WAR OF KINGS!

Vulcan

Black Bolt

Medusa

Crystal

new Havok

Gladiator

Hound Rachel

Why do you refer to her as Hound?

When Rachel first appeared she was being used as a 'Hound' for Ahab to seek out other Mutants in order for him to execute them. She wore a red body suit with metal studs running down the arms & chest. Her hair was a sort of Red Mullet & she had been tattooed on her face to mark her as Ahab's property. The term 'The hound' Rachel is to differentiate her from other costumes she wore (Such as her miniskirted 'Marvel Girl' or the Dark Phoenix custome she wore as 'Phoenix' for a while)

Yeah, well it wasn't an official designation or anything... but in War of Kings #1 I could have SWORN she was wearing those Hound facial tattoos again. (Haven't read the original Ahab storyline OR X-Men Kingbreaker though, so I don't know the official explanation behind the tattoo's return.)

Ya... I remember that.. She hunted down mutants for that dude.... and predicted 9/11 like 10 years before it happened....... That panel still gives me the willies...

Seriously tho.. I'll buy this set... And not because I'm a minimate whore.... well, ok thats the main reason I'll buy it... But I'm still down with the characters save spiderman...

Daken.... I will never complain about having too many brown costume wolverine mates.... It's his best costume....

Iron Patriot.... Seriously, who doesn't wanna add another suit to their hall of armours?? seriously...

Marvel boy.... I don't have a minimate of this guy already..? sold!!! B)

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more interested in Iron Patriot than the others, but meh. Doesn't seem like that much of an exciting set. As many have said before, Ms. Marvel would have been a more interesting choice.

Well, the team has only existed for 3 issues, most of which have been spent on one big fight...

Osborn and Sentry (and Doom, really) may be hogging the spotlight so far, but there'll be several more issues out before SDCC for the rest of the team members to make an impact...

The team may only have 3 issues under their belt in their own book, but they have certainly made many appearances throughout the Marvel Universe in the past month or so, with fake Wolverine doing little more than existing. Heck, in the current Dark Reign arc in Wolverine: Origins, he's barely making an appearance, and even then it isn't in Gaijin brown, but rather as random drifter in the park.

What does Marvel Boy look like these days?

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/t...oy-Noh-Varr.jpg

My guess on the "complementary" set: Either Mighty Avengers ("new Wasp" Hank Pym, Jocasta, Jarvis, Amadeus Cho, etc.) or (wait for it).... WAR OF KINGS!

Vulcan

Black Bolt

Medusa

Crystal

new Havok

Gladiator

Hound Rachel

If we HAVE to get a Rachel I would most want her as the Hound. Reminds me of the old days when X-Men was readable.

Vulcan

Black Bolt

Medusa

Crystal

new Havok

Gladiator

Hound Rachel

If we HAVE to get a Rachel I would most want her as the Hound. Reminds me of the old days when X-Men was readable.

Not a fan of the X-Books these days? I have to admit, at the moment i think the best read out of the X-Men is X-Factor. . . possibly because it's the only title that doesn't rely on Wolverine to boost ti's sales.

Well, the team has only existed for 3 issues, most of which have been spent on one big fight...

Osborn and Sentry (and Doom, really) may be hogging the spotlight so far, but there'll be several more issues out before SDCC for the rest of the team members to make an impact...

The team may only have 3 issues under their belt in their own book, but they have certainly made many appearances throughout the Marvel Universe in the past month or so, with fake Wolverine doing little more than existing. Heck, in the current Dark Reign arc in Wolverine: Origins, he's barely making an appearance, and even then it isn't in Gaijin brown, but rather as random drifter in the park.

What does Marvel Boy look like these days?

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/t...oy-Noh-Varr.jpg

Cheers, sir.

He looks a bit like Quicksilver with bling. Sigh. Well at least this set will have an updated brown Wolverine.

Vulcan

Black Bolt

Medusa

Crystal

new Havok

Gladiator

Hound Rachel

Not a fan of the X-Books these days? I have to admit, at the moment i think the best read out of the X-Men is X-Factor. . . possibly because it's the only title that doesn't rely on Wolverine to boost ti's sales.

I gave up on the X-Men years ago I guess around Uncanny 200 or so. I tried to jump back in a few times over the years but it never lasts. The book never has a good writer long enough to sort anything out. They just seem to add more to the mess and then move on to another book. Always questions never answers.

Not entirely true. One of my Fav X-books on the market is Astonishing X-Men for that reason. It focuses A LOT more on the idea of them as a team rather than individual, stand-alone, Logan (the new synonym for individual, spotlight, and asshole) comics. And it still has Scott in control.

Although i'd love to know where this Emma's-in-the-Cabal thing is going...

Not entirely true. One of my Fav X-books on the market is Astonishing X-Men for that reason. It focuses A LOT more on the idea of them as a team rather than individual, stand-alone, Logan (the new synonym for individual, spotlight, and asshole) comics. And it still has Scott in control.

Although i'd love to know where this Emma's-in-the-Cabal thing is going...

Actually - that's true. I do enjoy Astonishing as well. . i just wish it came out a bit more regularly. I thought once Joss 'the Diva' Wheddon left, the book would resume a normal monthly release schedual.

To be honest, i'm also enjoying X-Men legacy quite a bit at the moment too. It's good to get caught up on the non-active members.

Edited by Nessex

AFX posts all this information and more on their blog, and adds this little tidbit:

"We are also planning a Minimates box set which will make a PERFECT compliment to the Dark Avengers set. We'll just leave it at that for now..."

Is this Legit?

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12107

Could the complimentary box set have anything to do with these guys?

AFX posts all this information and more on their blog, and adds this little tidbit:

"We are also planning a Minimates box set which will make a PERFECT compliment to the Dark Avengers set. We'll just leave it at that for now..."

Is this Legit?

I was wondering the same thing when I saw the pic of them.....although I cant place which characters would be in a set from it....not enough big names, too many one off type or already done type characters

Jeff of the Miniacs

Is this Legit?

I was wondering the same thing when I saw the pic of them.....although I cant place which characters would be in a set from it....not enough big names, too many one off type or already done type characters

Jeff of the Miniacs

You're right. We already have a Cloak & Dagger, And the Defenders Namor is pretty much the same. Daken Wolverine is coming out with the DarkAvengers set. Professor X has had a release. That leaves the White (Black) Queen, The Omega Man (No, i don't mean Charlton Heston, I just don't know this guys name) & Angel(?).

Not really a box set, is it?

I'd love to see a Sisterhood of Mutants Boxset featuring: Spiral, Goblin (Red) Queen, Mastermind/Lady Mastermind & Chimera/Lady Deathstrike. Although i think this is a bit of a long-shot. I don't think either Dark X-Men or the Sisterhood have received enough exposure to warrant Box-Sets yet.

If this does turn out to be the mystery complement to the Dark Avengers, then DST will have set a new record in announcing the release of an event boxset (the comic hasn't even been released yet). Personally though I'm doubtful this is it... too soon to really make a splash, not to mention the troubling fact that most of these characters (with the exception of Angel-guy Mimic and "Omega Man") have already been released as Minimates in one form or another.

(Off-topic: A "Dark X-Men" sounds soooooooo breathtakingly obvious given the Dark Reign theme, but it seems real interesting how the X-Men are actually acknowledging the "mutanthood" of Cloak, Dagger and Namor at this capacity. Plus, Professor X is back! :ohmy:)

I know a lot of people are wondering what Venom as Spider-Man is going to look like in this boxed set. As stated by many of you, hopefully the Gargan will have not only a black Spidey mask, but a feral Venom one as well. But what are the chances it will simply be a slip over Spidey mask with a Mac Gargan head underneath minus the feral look?

Probably not hugely relevant (... its BHM what's new?) but it's a terrific piece of artwork!

post-638-1238837829_thumb.jpg

Nooooooooooooooo!

Leave Scott Alone!!!!!

I know a lot of people are wondering what Venom as Spider-Man is going to look like in this boxed set. As stated by many of you, hopefully the Gargan will have not only a black Spidey mask, but a feral Venom one as well. But what are the chances it will simply be a slip over Spidey mask with a Mac Gargan head underneath minus the feral look?

If they don't take advantage of the opportunity to release a 'Black Spiderman' as well as a Feral Scorpion/Gargan Venom, i'll be pretty surprised & disappointed.

I'll be getting this. I don't care who they did or didn't leave out of the set. In the end we should all be thankful minimates are still being produced. Who would have thought there would be 28 waves plus box sets out the wazoo.

I just want the whole Dark Avengers thing to blow over, I don't like it at all Norman Osborn in charge of Shield which has been renamed Hammer :wacko: . All I want from this whole thing is for the New Avengers to kick the door down and let Norman no what's what and who's who. I'll pick up the boxset but I won't be happy about it.