UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

After mulling over this issue over a while, I've decided to reserve judgment on the Mac Gargan Spidey minimate. The rendering of Wave 24 Venom is what gives me hope, as they somehow managed to give him three different looks (Regular, Jacket and In The Middle Of Getting Swallowed Up By The Symbiote). So I'm gonna hope that the Mac Gargan minimate will at least get two separate looks somehow (all-black Dark Avengers look is a given, the next best thing is a rendering of his original Venom look from his Thunderbolts days. Asking for Scorpion might be pushing it, hopefully he'd be viable for a spot in another all-Spidey wave... which we all know is inevitable.)

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a better pic of the Iron Patriot mate the one I saw originally was a bit fuzzy. One thing i did notice on this mate that I didnt in the comic is that the helmet has the goblin peak/point on the front like what the hood has form GG in the comics. That part on IM armours is more of a block then a point.

post-179-1239323967_thumb.jpg

I heard about this from Minimate Headquarters and headed over here to heated debate. Yes- another spidey sucks but if they have it as Dakon's face and arm tattoos then I'll be happy. And if they have a way to get Gargan all feral-looking then I'm happy. The rest of the set looks awesome, but wish Ares was there. As for the other set I'l like a better New Avengers Cage. I'm not going to guess, just hope for something that can top this.

I heard about this from Minimate Headquarters and headed over here to heated debate. Yes- another spidey sucks but if they have it as Dakon's face and arm tattoos then I'll be happy. And if they have a way to get Gargan all feral-looking then I'm happy. The rest of the set looks awesome, but wish Ares was there. As for the other set I'l like a better New Avengers Cage. I'm not going to guess, just hope for something that can top this.

I'm hoping there is a 'back in black' style spider man, with a powerhouse chest piece & a nightcrawler-style tale that sits between the chest block & pelvis block to turn Dark Spiderman into:

post-2737-1239364191_thumb.jpg

Although, that'll require alternate mask, chest & tail. It might be a lot of additional pieces for just one character. Although, as Northraider mentioned, they did it for for the recent Venom Mini.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, it's odd there hasn't been more images of the mates besides Iron Patriot, when we've already seen the Thunderbolts mates and they were announced some time after.

how exactly are we gonna be able to purchase these? through the web site, or do we have to be at SDCC?

yeah, it's odd there hasn't been more images of the mates besides Iron Patriot, when we've already seen the Thunderbolts mates and they were announced some time after.

how exactly are we gonna be able to purchase these? through the web site, or do we have to be at SDCC?

Thought the same about the Thunderbolts but not sure about buying them

• 4 weeks later...

My head just exploded, by the sure awesomeness that is this box set.....

and they'll be available through TRU *faints*

Edited by SErge

post-1827-1242673724_thumb.jpgpost-1827-1242673733_thumb.jpg

Doppleganger Wolvie looks great! Just wish he had 3 claws in the right places :( Maybe he will come with an extra set of hands, so we can treat him like "real" Wolvie :)

Iron America guy is pretty cool looking, too.

Will be available on TRU.com, apparently.

Edited by karamazov80

Interesting stuff. Looks like Norman is re-using Lex Luthor's gloves, and has new slip-on boots to mimic the leg details that were molded into the Iron Man Movie figures. (And if those boots aren't reused for a future modern Iron Man figure or the Iron Man II Minimate line, I don't know Diamond as well as I think I do).

Marvel Boy has a nice reuse of Drunk Tony's hair - really could use his sci-fi gun, though.

The fact that this is now a TRU / San Diego exclusive is interesting. Apparently TRU is very happy with Minimates right now, which is great news.

post-1827-1242673724_thumb.jpgpost-1827-1242673733_thumb.jpg

Doppleganger Wolvie looks great! Just wish he had 3 claws in the right places :( Maybe he will come with an extra set of hands, so we can treat him like "real" Wolvie :)

Iron America guy is pretty cool looking, too.

Will be available on TRU.com, apparently.

if iim not mistaken daken or the "other wolverine dude with funny claws and a mohawk" as i like to call him does have three claws in the correct places also the hair will probably be reused for the secret wars storm

Wow. Thats is really made of win. I love the DAs but i had my doubts. Black Spidey looks incredible, even with just the Mac head underneath, IP looks as good as one could expect, MB is just win for a newbie, and Daken...well...i don't really care about him. I hate Logan, i'll hate his son. Plain and simple.

What i love more about that post is this:

Still reeling after the stunning events of the Secret Invasion, the Marvel Universe was turned upside down by the whirlwind success of Norman Osborn and his Dark Avengers. With their stolen legacies and costumes deceiving the general public, these new "heroes" have swept the nation along with their message - He Lost. They Won. Accept Change. Now they're invading your collection with the first Dark Avengers Minimates box set - featuring Norman Osborn as the Iron Patriot, Marvel Boy, Venom as Spider-Man and Daken as Wolverine!

It's the first one. I am so taking this to mean that one more is on the way, hopefully with Karla, Ares, Hawkeye, and, to fill the last spot, Sentry. I really hope this is what they're telling us here; i need a new Ms Marvel and we all need Ares. :blush:

if iim not mistaken daken or the "other wolverine dude with funny claws and a mohawk" as i like to call him does have three claws in the correct places also the hair will probably be reused for the secret wars storm

Hard to tell in the first pic, but in the 2nd he clearly has claws coming out of his thumbs!

Oddly enough I like Daken the best of all of these. I've never even heard of him and I like him. Weird... And this set gets a big "PASS ON THIS" stamp from me. Not because it's a bad set, just because I have better things to get. Like Ghostbusters.

Well... they look good. I actually like the Spider-Venom much, much better than I thought I would. And it does look like there are different hands for Dakeverine. (Does he get a third set of non clawed hands?) Shame the best version of my favorite Wolverine costume comes with Not-Wolverine.

That said, I only have the budget for 2 boxed sets this summer. And of the 3, I have the least interest in this one.

I'm very impressed. Daken is by far my favorite. His mohawk rocks. To bad that the Norman Osborn head looks to be exactly the same as the forthcoming one in the Thunderbolts set. Looks like we got another Leonard McCoy on our hands. Thank God this is going to be a shared exclusive with TRU. Now it won't be too hard to procure one without paying inflated ebay prices.

It's the first one. I am so taking this to mean that one more is on the way, hopefully with Karla, Ares, Hawkeye, and, to fill the last spot, Sentry. I really hope this is what they're telling us here; i need a new Ms Marvel and we all need Ares. :blush:

Well - i gotta say, seeing ti perks my interest more than the initial concept did. I'm still not totally sold - it'll depend on how much money i have when they get released i guess. And although i'd much rather see it - I'm not sure that they'll do a box set that re-releases two such similar looking figures so soon (Sentry & Hawkeye).

BUT - is anyone else hopefull that maybe, since this is getting some Toys'R'Us coverage, we *might* see an Ares/Dark Ms Marvel 2-Pack like we did with the upcomming surprise Bullseye/Moonstone pack????

'I see you shiver, with antici . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . pation'

Wow that Iron Patriot is WAY less fun then the concept art implied. I thought it'd be mostly movie Iron-Man parts with a new chest... I don't like the new mask sculpt (if it's the same mask sculpt it looks REALLY off in those pics) and the new chest piece looks like he has HUGE breast rather then chest armor.

so I pass, just Thunderbolts and Champions for me at SDCC and I'll just buy another Pepper/Mark 3 set and paint my own Iron Patriot I guess.