UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTH THE ALMIGHTY BHM: "I thought that no-one would ever take the bait ..........................

For legal reasons DST cannot show him with thumbs .

Why?

Thumb clause in the contract ......thumb ...clause......................never mind!"

I certainly got it!! Bully, I say, bully for you sir!! *raps knuckle on the rail*

Huzzah! Show some respect people. A great joke has gone unnoticed...

Nessie, it was joke. But i'll take it you knew that. And i envy you; i couldn't get Raft Sentry, the highlight of that wave. :(

And i can't cough louder. There's too much chanting in the background. Something about a Kang fellow and cheese...

That's cool - i know it was in jest.

Hey, there's a guy on Ebay selling the whole Sentry wave for like $19 Australian. I'm not sure if it'd be worth getting if you already have all the others from the wave though. Especially if you have to pay to have it shipped outside of Oz. I'll post the link next time they have it for sale.

But . . . I digest. I'm Happy about getting Ares, he looks hot! And Ms Marvel is fantastic! Looks like the has her scarf thing too!!!

Now this DA set I'm definitely gonna have to pick up, and if it's a Diamond exclusive it should be available through BBTS/AFX/etc, hopefully... Thanks for digging it up Reddog!

There's a new post on the AFX blog listing the exclusives they'll have for sale at their SDCC booth, and no Dark Avengers, so I guess it is just a TRU.com exclusive.

I have no intrest in the Dark Avengers, totally passing the first set.

But the second set I will pick up, but not to as dark avengers. I love that Ms Marvel Costume, and Hawkeyes my favorite Marvel character so I'd love to have another version of him. Not huge on sentry, but i'd work him into my display just cause i'll end up having him. Ares is cool, but i only collect classic versions of marvel characters.

HO. LY. CRAP.

So THIS is what I miss after five days out of town for school stuff. :woot:

EDIT: Now that I'm settled back in nicely, some quaint observations on these new developments...

-Good grief... they just gave Iron Patriot the Rob Liefield treatment. :blink:

-Yes, I too am amused by the irony of people now warming up to Daken and Gargan Spidey. (I don't mind Daken, but I still find Gargan-Spidey somewhat meh)

-I like how DST did Noh-Varr (though I always thought he needed a more "emo" facial expression), but then it's hard to get impartial over a Kree minimate while you're in the middle of reading War Of Kings. (see below my avatar <_<)

-Notice Moonstone/Ms Marvel's hairpiece? Remember Psylocke's? I believe DST is about to make the New Caprica Starbuck hair the new Rachel.

-Yes, I too find it an eerie omen that Ares isn't wearing a helmet in the proto pic.

-BullsHawkeye's costume is... dark.

-Wow, new Sentry! (I'm still somewhat content with the first one we got, but it's nice to know he gets a decent up-to-date hairpiece now.)

Now... I guess we wait for the formal announcement of this second boxset?

Edited by NorthRaider

Cool toy review have pics up of the 1st set. Both masked and un masked. Im likin Daken and Iron Patriot. Sinister spidey and Cpt Marvel look ok. the addictions requires a purchase on this on for me

Edited by Leroy

sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but...

for us East Coasters, how would be get our hands on a set that is "only available at SDCC"? 2,000 is a lot of sets to sell at one site. Will these be available elsewhare (TRU, BBTS, AFX)?

Another SDCC release?? Good lord! Honestly, I need to start budgeting for this ASAP.

I hear that the blood bank will have a booth at SDCC this year, so you can sell your blood for quick exclusive cash...

Weird they would say that specifically. I would guess that it will pop up on AFX's website, and probably BBTS (for slightly inflated prices) after the fact, but they do say "Only available at this year’s San Diego Comic Con"

I hear that the blood bank will have a booth at SDCC this year, so you can sell your blood for quick exclusive cash...

If that's what it took, I would do it. Though in my experience, you get most Minimate-spending money from the pharmaceutical companies that run these testing labs. Living in a poor part of town in one of the nation's poorest states, I don't have to walk far to find one of these. There are stories of homeless walking in and never being seen again. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Past experience has shown that most of these exclusives tend to filter into most of the online retailers. AFX will likely sell their remaining stock from their website. Toys R Us will be carrying the first Dark Avengers set through their website. The Previews exclusive stuff usually trickles down to the local comic shops eventually, though that isn't a guarantee. If AFX is swimming in keychains after the show, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go the Web Armor Spidey route and start complimenting most purchases from their website, but again, not confirmed.

So, out of the 7 known exclusives, the only ones you may need to really worry about is the second Dark Avengers set, the Ghostbusters 2-pack, and the 4 AFX keychains.

I wonder if they'll do an AFX pack with all 7 exclusives. That strikes me as the easiest and fastest way to clean them out.

Another SDCC release?? Good lord! Honestly, I need to start budgeting for this ASAP.

That is one of the best ideas I've ever heard. They should look into that!

I wonder if they'll do an AFX pack with all 7 exclusives. That strikes me as the easiest and fastest way to clean them out.

All joking aside SDCC has had a blood donation drive/area every year for as long as I can remember. Usually you get a freebie toy or exclusive of some sort for participating.

T.

All joking aside SDCC has had a blood donation drive/area every year for as long as I can remember. Usually you get a freebie toy or exclusive of some sort for participating.

T.

Well, it is a great idea. I'm glad they had already thought of it.

EDIT: Wait a second. I didn't think the blood bank paid you for donating?

Wait a second. I didn't think the blood bank paid you for donating?

Usually, no.

Plasma, on the other hand, that stuff you can find eople to pay you for. It's been a while, but I remember getting a descent amount for selling plasma for pocket money back in college.