UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't, but prices on the BR generally have also dropped since the DX release (though obviously not as much as the V1 version). I have seen some go for good prices, and considered picking one up to display with clown mask. If so, I'll let you know about the extra head.

Edited by karamazov80

I really like the BR head as well, but the moving eyeballs on the DX Joker are hard to beat. Both are great heads and, as K80 said, far superior to the V1 head.

As for the costumes, the DX offers some upgrades. DX has suspenders and a longer chain, opposed to a belt and a smaller chain on the first release. I've seen comparison pics of the two,and the DX does look a little nicer.

It comes down to what you're willing to pay. I got a DX joker for 135 + 10-12 shipping from Urbancollector.com. I saw the V1 Joker for $60ish on another site, but the name escapes me.

My friend was telling me that there's a 1/6 Chow Yun Fat, does anyone know who makes it?

There were a couple made actually.

Dragon Models Limited (DML, or just Dragon) made a NY Detective Chow. It's cheap and pretty easy to find.

Another company called Armoury made a SDU figure (Special Duties Unit) of Chow as well. That one is a little more expensive. The dragon one can be found for between 20-30 bucks. The Armoury one can be found for between 70-100 bucks.

I tripped over this last night .....something's wrong perhaps ?

My 'Shining' example...................... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:L:MAV:GB:1123

I'm too long in the tooth to get to phased about this but the seller has asked to 'cancel the transaction' because 'the item is out of stock'. This is a new one on me . I'm seriously not too pissed except I'm always fu**ing right about the prats that are on ebay p*ssing people around whilst ebay gives them the opportunity to do so. This isn't a retailer with a poor inventory control .....just a knobhead .

For the record the 'Private bidder's listings' was an immediate giveaway.

edit: In my haste to post I've deleted my original post ....my apologies to Doc ...whose last post may well look like all of Groundhog's posts...lonely.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I rather like the Leonidas figure. I am a huge fan of the history/mythology of stories such as the Spartan 300 and I really like the book/movie. Gerard Butler is also a favorite actor of mine, so its kinda cool to see a figure of this legendary leader made possible. My only real worry is the rubber body. Hot Toys is infamous for rubber body issues...

I rather like the Leonidas figure. I am a huge fan of the history/mythology of stories such as the Spartan 300 and I really like the book/movie. Gerard Butler is also a favorite actor of mine, so its kinda cool to see a figure of this legendary leader made possible. My only real worry is the rubber body. Hot Toys is infamous for rubber body issues...

I couldn't have said anything about this better than what you just did. I will say that it looks amazing, not even like a toy, but like a wax statue. I really REALLY want one. I hope there aren't any issues with it. When is it coming out?