UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! You got sucked in, HD! Don't feel bad, though. You are not alone.

I started with the DX Joker, and it's been one expensive after another. Next on my list is the Don Corleone figure. Gotta have that one.

I almost got a Shaun and Ed a couple months ago, but got outbid in the final seconds. I really only want Shaun, but if it's a lot deal, I'll take Ed too.

I hope you don't like money very much... you won't be seeing much of it anymore. :D

Nice score HD! I love that Frankie. The whole set are very nice and great figures to have in a collection.

I have a Leonidas and a Cleaner kit Wolf Predator on the way. The deal was just too good to pass up.

Also, to expand upon the changes to Vader over the different movies, his sabers are different in some movies, too.

Let me know what you think of him when you get him, Shane. I think Leonidas looks incredible, but I'm a bit concerned about the rubber muscle suit. I wouldn't want him if I couldn't risk posing him from time to time.

You got it pal. I have seen him posed in many different ways without trouble. A guy over at Sideshow Freaks had him posed in such a way that his legs were bent at the pelvis and it left creases in the rubber, but they actually disappeared after a few days. I have avoided MANY of HTs figures because of the issues with rubber, but I just caved on this guy.

More like an Albatross!

LOL! True dat!

I have had my Leonidas posed in a few different ways since I've had him. One of the ways was him giving the Sparta kick to Blade. The posing did leave creases in the leg. But they did go away after a day or two. I also have had misgivings about the HT muscle bodies since their inception. But I now have the Leonidas, and 2 different Chris Redfield bodies and they have improved in the way that they make them now. There might still be issues in a couple of years, but right now they are excellent

That's reassuring. I know that with something like that you can't go crazy with the poses, but it's nice to know you can actually enjoy the figure.

I really like how Hot Toys goes back and reworks things when something isn't quite right.

Yeah, it's basically a GI Joe. I've got that figure, and it's pretty cool, but not worth $60+. Not even the quality of the 25th anniversary GI Joes, honestly.

Maybe it used to be, but soon, it won't be. Why? Well, 2 reasons:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/s...hlight=scarface

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/s...hlight=scarface

(though no Enterbay pics have surfaced yet, you can bet that it's gonna look nice)

Scarface_BW_3-1.jpg

I would wait if I were you.

Blitzway is, I think, a new player. I'm not at all familiar with them, but obviously the sculpting there looks nice, and the clothing looks nice and thin (usually a good thing on figures this scale).

I know this technically needs to go in the buy/sell thread, but as I'm realizing that this board has much more 1:6 scale activity I thought so I might get better results tossing this out here.

Would anyone be interested in a complete set of all 7 Sideshow Lord of the Rings 1:6 figures? They are all the Exclusive versions with extra accessories. All are MIB and never opened, I couldn't bring myself to do it. By far the best packaging Sideshow has done for a 12" line yet.

I bought all of these new from Sideshow and it really pissed me off that they "unofficially" cancelled the line without at least completing the Fellowship, and as much as I love the figures, I think they bring me more bitterness than joy at this point. :angry:

Now they have "unofficially" cancelled the 12" Indiana Jones line too. I have quickly come to learn that when Sideshow puts a line "on-hold", you are most likely never going to see anymore figures.

Let me know if anyone is interested, I'm only going to part with them as a set of 7. I'm probably going to list them on eBay at some point, but if anyone here wants them, PM me.

Too bad I'm not a little more interested in these. I have a Gandalf on the way, and I'm working on a Sam, and searching for Frodo. The others really don't do anything for me. I WANTED to like Aragorn and Legolas, but they just don't look quite right to me.

If you do ebay them, you'll probably do a little better if you sell them separately. And since there are only 7, it's not like you'll have a ton of listings to manage. Something to think about.

Thanks mini. I agree about Strider and Legolas, but as they were the first 2 released, Sideshow really stepped it up for the others. Boromir is one of my favorites, but Gandalf takes the cake.

Wormtongue, Saruman, and a 20" Sauron would have been EPIC!

I don't know why they bothered to come up with the Hobbit-sized body and never made Merry and Pippin???

If nobody here is interested in them, I may just pack them away in the basement and forget about them for a while.

There's always hope that the future Hobbit films may renew some interest from Sideshow's sculpters. <_<

Edited by youbastards

Some nifty convention exclusives announced by Hot Toys. I'm really digging the Predator, though I don't care much for the film he comes from.

20100527_8047f90c9865de7e0a6162bhbKZrudt

I didn't initially care much for Sarah Connor, but it comes with this. . .

T2-T-1000inSarahConnordisguise_PR10.jpg

Damn.

Edited by karamazov80

Actually I like that Sarah a whole lot more than the other one. I know it's her "iconic" look, but she always looked like crap with the hat and the glasses and her hair pulled back. Even in the movie.

If you want to split the cost, KA, you can have the T1000 head and I'll take SC.

I just suddenly realized that that Sarah Connor is the T1000 in disguise. Silly me.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

If you are serious, TM, I might be up for it. As previously discussed, I'm not a fan of the rooted hair. The battle damage and "melting shoes" are removable, so you can essentially treat that figure as Sarah Connor during the final showdown in the film. She even comes with a cigarette.

Edited by karamazov80