UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

My Battle damaged Mark III turned up in the post today............WOW!!!!!

he has deffinate pride of place in my IM display, the level of detail is amazing and the facial likeness as well is fantastic and all the little extras such as the munition pods, counter measure hip pods and the shield....I can't wait for my MK II to arrive.

Best of all though I pre-ordered the War Machine as well................it's only money and the pre-order only cost me £135

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody doing the free 1/6th figure deal at Sideshow? I broke down and bought the Star Wars AOTC Clone Trooper. I wanted him anyway, so now I get him and a free in-stock 1/6th. I don't know what I'm getting yet.

I also got the first two Sideshow Sandtroopers a few days ago. These guys are cool as hell.

It looks like you are going to get a Medicom figure--probably Blade or Venom as Punisher. There is nothing in-stock at Sideshow that I am that interested in picking up at the moment, but it is a cool incentive to get some sales, for sure. Probably a better use of their resources than just giving them away as they would do at Spooktacular.

I hope they run out of the "What if Venom/Punisher" before my order goes out. The Blade figure looks cool, but I am not much of a Medicom 1/6th fan. The scale is off, IMO.

I imagine that so many orders are going in that what I finally recieve is a crap shoot. I was able to use a gift card, so whatever I get will have cost me right at $70 shipped. The AOTC Clone is worth that to me, so the rest is just icing...

Went to pick up series 34 Minimates from my LCS today, and he happened to have a gently used Hot Toys Mark III Iron Man for sale for $125! I had been debating on the regular or Battle Damaged versions, but for that price, I decided to go with the regular Mark III. To make it even sweeter, I had a $50 store credit which I had earned from past purchases. So, after it was all said and done, I walked away with a very nice Hot Toys Mark III Iron Man for just over $80!!

As a little unexpected bonus, as I was talking to him about his comic store owners meeting he attended last week, he showed me a Joker Blammoids figure which he said was given to him at the meeting. We had talked a few months prior about how much we hated them. In fact, he refused to carry them in his store. I had mentioned to him that if I ever bought one, it would be The Joker. Well, he remembered that conversation, and just said "Here you go!"

Marvel Minimates series 34 + cheap Hot Toys Iron Man + free Joker Blammoid = a pretty awesome score!!

• 3 weeks later...

That Obama is crazy. I guess it might sell a few more bodies though. If I needed an AA TT right now, I'd cave in and order.

Seems the Leonidas 300 figure is getting good reviews, so I might pick him up soon.

I want an Obama, just to make him portray a simpleton character when I make some picture stories. lol

Leonidas does look good, but I don't trust those rubbery arms. I'm too paranoid that they may break.

I got the Comedian from ebay, and he's pretty cool. Very nicely done by Hot Toys.

I'm so pumped right now. I won John Connor and Marcus Wright for 223 AU of eBay which is cheaper than just one would be for me to get here. and they should arrive soon. Cant wait.

Nice score leroy. I have a HT V1 Joker coming my way that was just part of a trade. Not sure what to expect and I don't plan to keep him. The DX is just too good.

I'm considering splurging when I get my income tax return and buying my first 1/6 scale figure. DX Joker and (one of the movie versions of) Iron Man are my first choices.

I need your expertise. Give me your input on which is a better figure and where is the most reputable and cost-effective place to buy.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

There are plenty of reputable sellers--Big Bad Toy Store, Sideshow Collectibles, Alter Ego Comics, (and if you aren't put off by the credit card issue of a couple years ago) Cornerstore Comics, etc. As far as cost effectiveness, that depends on what you want to get. If you don't pick up a Hot Toys figure quickly, you will probably have to resort to eBay, because they sell out. Great deals can often be found through GoHastings.com, which periodically has 30% off sales. However, they are not the most reliable. Orders are frequently canceled, and you may get a dinged up box.

If you are looking for an Iron Man, I would suggest holding off until the Mark IV is released, but as Luke says, the battle damaged Mark III also looks pretty good. I have a feeling that the regular Mark III (as well as Mark II/Gun Metal Gray version) will soon be outdated, however. Mark I has some great detail, but isn't exactly your most iconic Iron Man, if you are only going to have one in your collection.

As for whether Joker is better than Iron Man? That depends on what you are looking for in a toy, and which character you like better. Joker was a must-buy for me, Iron Man was not.

Well this looks like that omen I've been dreading since forever.

Remember a couple months back when I said I was still considering getting my first 1/6 scale figure?

Last week I discovered a store that sold a lot of cool custom 1/6 military gear. I thought to myself, "Cool, but I don't anything to use them with."

Just a couple hours ago, I was face to face (literally) with this.

TTF12_Trutype-(Cuban-Americ.jpg

The horrible part is that I am now seriously considering saving up and going back for her eventually. I realize that my wallet and my parents are going to kick me in the head if I go through with getting her, but... :unsure:

Small question guys: how hard (or easy) is it generally finding gear that works well with these female TrueTypes?

Finding gear for the female truetypes can be difficult, unless you use older companys male gear, like Dragon Models.

But, there are some other female figures on the market from a few years ago like CyGirls. And ZYToys makes a few female figures.

Also, NR, what store did you find that has the 1/6th gear?

Is it a brick and mortor store, or online?

Edited by Docholliday666

Also, NR, what store did you find that has the 1/6th gear?

Is it a brick and mortor store, or online?

Brick and mortar. I'm trying to limit my online spending nowadays so I can have better control of my wallet's health. :P

Sooooo disappointed. They arrive today and had a bunch of busted parts. Most of John's Pouches are busted his rifle stock is broken which I was ok about as I managed to get the Final battle versions rifle which will make him screen accurate , Both were missing there stands and Marcus is missing one shotgun shell (which annoys me a great deal) and the red patch of the leather jacket.

I think the guy I got them of didn't have a clue on how to set them up. So I've managed to get all the parts I need to Make them right But i'll have to wait until they come to be satisfied, Other than that they look great.

V1 Joker is good but head sculpt wise it don't hold a candle to the DX version. If you haven't bough the second true type to display the cop version I'd put the DX head on the V1 body and set up the cop version.

Stock head on the "V1" Joker is pretty terrible. It demands a replacement, be it either googly eyed DX with the freshly applied clown paint, or the (in my opinion cooler) version that comes with bank robber Joker, with more wear on the paint.