UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on my pre-order for him. But I am quickly losing my patience. This guy sold out everywhere, for those who may not know. I think he will be the most popular Hot Toys figure since the whole Joker craze.

Edited by karamazov80

I got mine from alteregocomics. They are in Ohio, which is awesome for me. The item shipped yesterday, and I got it in hand today.

The likeness is unbelievable, and all the pictures I've seen online do not do it justice. The Christian Bale John Connor likeness is incredible, but I think the Arnold sculpt is even better. Incredible!

Well, I just got him :lol: , but I'll keep that in mind, Harley. I do love my Res Evil 1, so that guy and STARS Chris are must buys. Not sure if they are "must keeps" yet or not, but I think Wesker is one of the coolest looking characters around.

Having said that, given my current rate of buying stuff, I'll have to start unloading more stuff soon. . .unfortunately, I think I'll start moving toward Minimates at some point :ohmy:

Rob, I'll tell you. If Minimates weren't so cheap (I'll be lucky to get $2-3 per piece if I sell a large lot), I fear I might have sold off half my collection months ago. But when one Hot Toys figure is almost an entire year's worth of the Minimates I would buy, it seems kind of silly to consider getting rid of so much for maybe 2-3 figures. But frankly, my 1/6 scale figures are becoming the focus of my collecting habits, and unlike Minimates, it requires making tradeoffs in what I keep. I have probably sold as many 1/6 scale figures as I currently have. Necessarily so to be able to keep buying new ones.

I have considered moving some Kubricks to eBay many times. . .

I have considered moving some Kubricks to eBay many times. . .

I can understand that with the kubricks ,I've just unloaded all my spare 'Lost' stuff .....& to be honest I don't blame you wanting to part with some Minimates to get some of those 1/6 beauties you have. I daren't go there.............

I actually had a little touch & feel session :unsure: with a ton of Minimates that I haven't really had the time to get to know ....new stuff which I hadn't seen out of the box. It was just as well because sometimes just sometimes I wonder why I love these critters ........

........& then I came across that bloody huge Iron Man 'mate ....God knows what his name is but....he's awesome .

I do however need to cut down....a bit! ;)

Nice as that Plastic Man is, I think my entire DCUC collection is next on the chopping block. I could probably buy one and a half Hot Toys figures, or one cheaper PF, for the funds I get from my entire collection :(

DSCN1867.jpg

That plus several JSA guys. I might be overly optimistic. I might not even get $10 per figure.

Edited by karamazov80

I almost got burned mistaking a "snap kit" Hicks for the 1/6 figure. I've also noticed "1/6 kits" and "1/6 poseable models" on ebay especially with the Predators and Aliens.

Is there a way to know for sure that I'm looking at a 1/6 Hot Toys FIGURE and not a model of some sort? What are the differences?

Thanks, guys!

From my understanding, the problem is that when Hot Toys originally got some of those licenses (Aliens and Predator franchise specifically), they did not have the rights to produce "action figures." So instead, they had to get creative as to how they could actually release action figures without calling them that. So, "snap kits" are the 3 3/4" toys, and "poseable models" or whatever are the 12" inch toys. In both cases, the figures were released disassembled, and had to be assembled by the owner.

As for telling them apart, do searches for some pics, and you should be able to tell pretty clearly which is which. The 12" figures are much more detailed, have cloth outfits, and usually run several hundred dollars more.

I finally made some time to open up my DX Batman this morning. This is my 6th Hot Toys figure, and it might be my new favorite, although that could be because he is the new guy in the group. Here is a pic of him, and a pic of my Batman display:

IMG_0823b-1.jpg

IMG_0816b-1.jpg

The image in the background is from istock photo here. I bought the large version and printed it on my color roll plotter at work. Its not the best printer, but from 4 feet away the background looks great.

It was hard to decide which pose / accessories to use for Batman, but this is the combination I settled on for now. I moved Joker to the right, and I still need to work on his pose some more. I might attempt the grenades-in-the-coat pose.

I tripped over this last night .....something's wrong perhaps ?

My 'Shining' example...................... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:L:MAV:GB:1123

I'm too long in the tooth to get to phased about this but the seller has asked to 'cancel the transaction' because 'the item is out of stock'. This is a new one on me . I'm seriously not too pissed except I'm always fu**ing right about the prats that are on ebay p*ssing people around whilst ebay gives them the opportunity to do so. This isn't a retailer with a poor inventory control .....just a knobhead .

For the record the 'Private bidder's listings' was an immediate giveaway.

edit: In my haste to post I've deleted my original post ....my apologies to Doc ...whose last post may well look like all of Groundhog's posts...lonely.

Back in stock then?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Subway-Toys-Jack-Torra...=item3f0077cb67

What a pr*ck! :D

edit: However....if you can put my problems with this shi*house to one side ....this http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-ALIENS-Bulk-L...=item3f0077c4e6 ...looks like the bogsdollocks........be careful ;)

Edited by buttheadsmate

I saw that diorama on the Sideshow Freaks website recently, as the seller was trying to offload it there first. Elvis's repaint of Ripley is a significant improvement, to be sure.

As of right now I am the high bidder on an auction for a MIB Hot Toys Alien Warrior with Facehugger.

Please wish me luck, as this is possibly my Holiest of Grails since Andy helped me get my 1/6th Doctor Who figure.

Good luck! What's so special about that specific alien, though?

I have always been a big fan of the Alien Warriors, and that particular one is the only figure to come with a facehugger.

I already have an egg and a chestburster, and this black/gray warrior is just beautiful.

I've got the Power Loader/Ripley and Hicks, but still no Alien. Despite its flaws, I think I'll get a Big Chap for my display one of these days, though. If not, I'll probably try to go with a warrior from the AVP movie, too. The 'Aliens' ones apparently have issues.

I don't even have a face hugger for my Kubricks :(

Edited by karamazov80

I almost got burned mistaking a "snap kit" Hicks for the 1/6 figure. I've also noticed "1/6 kits" and "1/6 poseable models" on ebay especially with the Predators and Aliens.

Is there a way to know for sure that I'm looking at a 1/6 Hot Toys FIGURE and not a model of some sort? What are the differences?

Thanks, guys!

Anyone? :lol: