UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Well, i made my first 1/6 Scale purhase over the weekend: Hot Toys' Harvey Dent/Two-face from Luke's!!! :) Can' wait for one of my favorite Bat-villains to arrive; he looks ike a lot of fun. (at the same time, i ordered Movie Masters Harvey Dent from Mattycollector. Shows how much i like Harv) Wish he had extra pants and shoes though; i'd love to get anoher body to display them both at once.

I may or may not buy Canary; not sure wether i want to send my $25 LCS gift certificate on her or Minimates. :P

Lastly, i need some advice. I just came cross the Star Wars 1/6 Scale Darth Sidious/Chancellor Palpatine 2-pack at Sideshow's site. Read a few reviews and they both look fantastic; Gohastings.com has the set (without silly Jedi Statue, of course.) almost half-off, at $80. Now they both look fantastic, but i REALLY like the look of Sideshow's upcoming Emperor Palpatine, complete with Force Hands and the exclusive will have an evil-scream/cackle face. I love the Emperor, but i really want Chancellor too.

Help?? :confused:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well besides deciding on my Palpatine dilemma, AND picking up Black Canary eventally, i've decided on my next two 1/6s to work toward:

Hot Toys "Biohazard" (Resident Evil) 5 Albert Wesker (besides Claire Redfield, my favorite RE character)

Medicom Metal Gear Solid Naked snake (Soviet)

Gonna be an expensive year; did i just talk myself into buying 4 (or 5, i guess. Damn Palpatine) nw 1/6 Scales?!?! :blink:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'm glad they stuck 'roided up Redfield in the S.T.A.R.S. outfit. Because it he looked like he looked in RE1, I would have bought him and S.T.A.R.S. Wesker. Now, I'm gonna get neither :)

Surprised the hat-wearing S.T.A.R.S. Jill hasn't been announced.

DocHolliday may have an interest in this, which I just saw on the Sideshow Freaks forum:

Ghost_Rider.jpg

DAMN YOU HOT TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I am NOT happy with this.

because now I have to buy it when it's released.

sonofabitch.

They also showed a pic of the HT Rorschach figure.

Yeah, the exclusive is the only way to go with him b/c of the toy-accurate shotgun. It was still available this morning (came up for pre-order last night). I'm beginning to think that interest in the line is waning a bit with the amount of time it is taking for Sideshow to sell out of the exclusives for him and previously, Firefly. Of course, the unconventional head sculpt probably didn't help things.

• 2 weeks later...

Not very.

You can get either of the female bodies for about the same price at other retailers.

here are a few that I shop at alot, so if anyone wants to get me like a gift certificate to any of them, I wouldn't say no :)

www.toyanxiety.com

monkeydepot.com

echobasetoys.com

redplanettoys.com

Ok I got my Darth Vader and he's freaking awesome! Also saw the T-800 on sideshow's website. That will be very hard to say no to. Damn these are gonna kill me.

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY.

I should have new pictures soon :)

I want to get stormtroopers to go alongside Vader but they've jumped in price on ebay and even gohastings. I got one for my brother 3 weeks ago and cheapest I can get one now is $30 more than what I paid for his.

I'm not a fan of the Blade films particularly (though I thought parts 1 and 2 were both enjoyable), but this review really makes me consider buying the Hot Toys figure. How cool are all the accessories, display options (coat and vest, vest with no coat, padded jacket) and head sculpt? If they do the Stevenson War Zone Punisher, I don't think I will be able to stop myself from buying.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_021510b.htm

Edited by karamazov80

Aw man, loving that zombie Michael! I wanted to get this one, but I've already spent too much on DX Joker, Bank Robber Joker, Two-Face, Wolverine, DX Batman preorder, and Cleaner Kit Wolf Predator. Ouch!

Shoot, is that all? :lol:

HT Wolvie and DX Joker didn't make the final cut for me, though I would love to get both. Gonna have to get that DX Batman, though. Then with the Sideshow Joes coming, Wolverine Premium Format, and the HT Terminator and Superman figures, that's all really gonna sting, pocketbook-wise. I'm constantly having to sell stuff on eBay to help off-set the costs.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, I have considered selling something to pick up either Blade, Hellboy, or Wolverine. I think they all look pretty cool and pose well. But, none of them are "must-haves." All the positive reviews of Blade have been pretty persuasive, though. All the looks and accessories, plus the great likeness and bad-assness of the character are very nice.

I should just save my money, of course, but that's no fun.