UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a crazy deal on Sideshows Shocktrooper and Sandtrooper Sergeant (both exclusives). I found a guy who bought them both and decided he didn't want to collect 1/6th. Both figures were unopened in Sideshow shippers, double boxed...

Basically, I paid retail for the Sandy & got Shocky for free.

I am not collecting all of the SSC Star Wars 1/6th, but I love the Imperials and the Troopers.

I have Darth Vader, 2 Stormtroopers, Darth Maul, Shocktrooper, Utapau Trooper, & Sandtrooper Sergeant.

I have on order Sandtrooper Corporal, Sandtrooper Squad Leader, & Coruscant Trooper. I will buy up the 501st Clone Trooper as soon as he goes up for order. I'm also hoping they will do Tarkin.

MAN Sideshow's Joes are terrible!

Are you basing this purely on the Beachhead sculpt? Because just about everything else they've done has been a homerun, IMO, and I think the chewbaccer chewin' head is kind of cool in its way.

Well, I don't like their uber realistic faces, but that's just me. But all of them so far have had molded heads. Firefly didn't look like firefly, the accessories are kinda run of the mill. In fact, if you didn't tell me who these characters were, I would not recognize them. (Except Snake Eyes. And CC) Just my opinion on them.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Well, I don't like their uber realistic faces, but that's just me. But all of them so far have had molded heads. Firefly didn't look like firefly, the accessories are kinda run of the mill. In fact, if you didn't tell me who these characters were, I would not recognize them. (Except Snake Eyes. And CC) Just my opinion on them.

I have to say, the only ones i don't really care for are the Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow. The rest are excellent in my opinion. I have Duke, Flint, Firefly, and Beachhead on preorder. I can't wait to get these. I think it is the one thing I may be collecting for awhile.

I will get the Cobra Commander with the battle helmet, I just didn't like the hooded version. The hood made his head look way to long for me. The same with Snake Eyes, his head looked too big and his arms looked too skinny, and I couldn't get past that. I actually had both of them on preorder, but cancelled them.

forgot to mention my thoughts on Firefly.....I like him, although he's not what I hoped he would be....I am hoping the hint of a sweater you can see goes down into a full sweater underneath his jacket. I think some of those poses he s in look so effing cool!

Edited by Nervous

If you don't mind my asking, what was your beef with Storm Shadow, Nervous? I thought he was about all I could expect from a figure in this scale.

As for Snake Eyes, this is just my opinion, but when you see him in person he is very impressive. He does look a bit skinny if you leave the skin-tight shirt on his stock body (though all the extra gear helps to off-set that), but folks are now using the Hot Toys Wesker body for him, and it makes him look much better (the Saturday Toys body also works). Personally, I gave him a black sweater as an homage to his Commando incarnation, and think it was a huge improvement.

Edited by karamazov80

No real beef, just bad timing. I had just cancelled the preorders for CC and SE, and just didn't want to "try again" until I saw some more. I am truly a good guy/hero fan moreso than a villain/bad guy fan. So, when I saw Duke, I though he was perfect (except for the knee pads, just not a fan of this look on anyone) then firefly and flint, and I was back on board.

I think SS looks awesome, but not if he was gonna be the only one in my collection.

I think I will pick up SE at some point. I would love to see your commando look with the sweater, and if they come out with that version I will more than likely pick it up. I'll have to look for some pics of a bulkier SE, I would just hate to buy something and switch out the whole body. lol, I really can't get over his skinny "hulk arms" ;)

on the other hand I will get the firefly, and swap out for a grey sweater if I can find one. Can't wait to get my first one, my firespecter is all alone sitting on the 1/6 shelf

Edited by Nervous

Here are some pics of him with the Loading Toys sweater:

DSCN1922.jpg

DSCN1931.jpg

He has bare hands similar to his portrayal in the MASS Device, and has the "explosives" bag like the Commando toy did.

I was drooling over the Joes on the Sideshow site earlier. I think they look pretty spiffy. And although Beachhead's face is kinda weird, I kinda like it. Must resist urge to start buying expensive, 12-inch figures...

In that last pic it looks like Storm Shadow may need a diaper change.

Yeah, I could have gone with the more retro Storm Shadow pants instead of the more "accurate," MC Hammer parachute pants that they gave him, but he's still very cool.

I just... I mean, I've had issues with everything I've ever gotten with Sideshow. Not necessarily production/QC issues. They just... sucked. Lara Croft was terrible, moreso than she had any right to be. The Premier Black cat was missing fur and had the wrong eye color (doesn't that sound familiar?) ObiWan was actually really good, but he snapped on me.

I suppose I look at the amazing stuff Hot Toys is doing, and the Sideshow stuff seems like it should be 1/3rd the cost that it is. Yes, Theirs are better than Hasbro's. But $100 better? No.

That and I can't get past the realistic look. I dread Lady Jaye. She needs to be my cartoon Lady Jaye that I loved as a child! (ironically enough, I was never a fan of the cartoon aside from her. I was a comic guy myself)

Sorry to hear about your troubles with SSC stuff TM2. Sideshow has had some QC issues with a few different items, but they are quck to fix it.

I have many SSC pieces and I guess I have gotten lucky. My 1/6th Vader had a bad scratch on the side of his helmet and one of the Stormtroopers I bought came with a broken holster, but otherwise, no real issues and SSC fixed the problems real fast.

I think the Joes are cool, but I just can't do another line. On top of my Minmates and my massive Hulk collections, I already have SSC Star Wars, Army of Darkness, & several Hot Toys figures all over my house.