UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I'll need to see other pics, a release date and a price, but yeah, I'd actually be down for that. You can even have all the melty pieces for the T1000 to give him extra battle damage.

I know everyone thinks T2 is the best but honestly the T1000 ruined it for me. Robots don't melt. I mean, the TX made more sense than he did! gurrr...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics and specs are up on Hot Toys' site, though it takes a while to load:

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target...;product_id=514

T2-T-1000inSarahConnordisguise_PR13.jpg

T2-T-1000inSarahConnordisguise_PR4.jpg

Technically, T-800 melts as well ;)

Still waiting to see just how rare/expensive these end up being, though :(

Hopefully they produce scores of them. If the regular T-1000 release doesn't have this head (which I don't think it will), then this will be an absolutely essential figure for fans of the character.

Edited by karamazov80

Ooohhh... pretty... Yeah, I'd totally be willing to split that once I find out how much it is. Looks like they're still strugging with the bicep articulation on those real skin female figures.

And by the T1000 melting I really meant "liquefy/reshape". But whatever.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

If nobody here is interested in them, I may just pack them away in the basement and forget about them for a while.

There's always hope that the future Hobbit films may renew some interest from Sideshow's sculpters. <_<

I'm intrested, but I assume they would cost tons of money. I don't know, I have never bought a 1/6 figure before.

So, I just got a 1/6h scale figure of Lara Croft! "What?!" you say? "Didn't you do that already and hated it?" Why yes I did, and I did! But this in the Neca 12" talking Lara Croft. The paint's bad, the articulation is nil and the sound effects are barely understandable. But she was $12! http://blogofwishes.com/fun-toys/lara-crof...ure-with-sound/ Really not that great, but I'm happy! :)

I will be getting that "Gort" Guardian Pred fo sure, if I can find it easily. The T-1000 looks great, but I'm just into the character.

I'd love to have the T-1000 head, but not the T-1000 Sarah. Easy pass for me. I'd like to get that Predator, but I'm going to see what the new Predators look like first. So far, I've only got the Wolf Predator. I don't really feel the need to have all of the Predators, which is a good thing since they are so pricey. :)

Just saw a great video review of the T-800 posted at Sideshow Freaks forum. Look at the comparison between this and the old Sideshow version. And to think, I almost shelled out $80 for that guy a year or so ago.

Now I want to buy 2 or 3. But I must be patient. Battle damaged version is no doubt coming, and the T1 T-800s. . .oh, yes, I will own multiples of the T1 T-800s. I will spend my entire savings buying them up and hoarding them in my closet forever.

Alright, about that Sarah/T-1000, apparently Sideshow will get some for SDCC. July 1 at 10 am (Pacific time, I think?) for attendees, and the next day for non-attendees.

Damn, I hope I can get one.

--edit: why, oh why can't I be at SDCC to get the figures set aside for attendees?? Oh, woe is me. . .--

Edited by karamazov80

...and the collection grows.

post-96-1275094579_thumb.jpg

I'm slightly disappointed with Plo Koon. Unlike Kit Fisto's robe, the sleeves and bottom edges on his aren't stitched and it was fraying right out of the box. There's no wire in the hood either, so if you put it up he looks like he's got a dunce cap on! His hands seem to pop off much easier than Kit's too. Overall though, they're pretty nice.

For what these figures cost, I must say that I am a little less impressed with Sideshow than I thought I would be. I'm hoping for a Hot Toys DX Joker for my birthday. If it doesn't blow me away, I might be done with this scale...

Edited by handsomedevil

Wolverine is amazing! I wasn't originally going to buy him, but when I put the DX Joker in layway back in Feb. my wife saw him (he had just arrived that week) and told me "You're buying that one next." Easiest figure purchase I ever made. lol

More fun with Wolverine!

A flawed figure in some respects (the lack of real neck articulation is a pain), but so fantastic looking and fun to pose.

SDC11848.jpg

SDC11855.jpg

I don't understand why he came with extra hands, though. Who on earth isn't gonna use the claw hands?

Edited by karamazov80

So I was at HeroesCon in Charlotte last weekend. Very disappointed in the lack of 1/6 figures. i had hoped there'd be some there so I could see some in person. I did get the Bespin Han Solo and my brother got Jedi knight Obi-Wan for $30 each. Couldn't pass them up. Still not sure about Han's head though.

I also got Rulk bowen statue for $150 and Jean Grey 90s statue for $80

Edited by Webhead