UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're all fantastic! I was wondering how one might make a Storm look AoA accurate without bulking her up too much, and you've done a smashing job of her!

Can i ask what hair you used?

It was in my parts bin, and I feel like I really should know who it is from, as I used it before on my Beatles customs, but I can't quite place it.

That appears to be the same piece from Suspended Cap in the 'Through The Ages' set, but I'm not sure where it was used prior to that set...

fig1057h250.jpg

Battle Damaged Mark III Iron Man, from the Hostile Takeover set:

fig0646f2lg.jpg

Mark I Iron Man (Movie)

fig0564f2lg.jpg

(sorry, this has been driving me crazy trying to find where this piece first was used...) :wacko:

Edited by youbastards

....there were probably lots of psychedelic drugs involved? :unsure: :tongue:

Mickey Finns ?

I very much doubt that anybody but me will know what they are .

Applesauce! You think you're the cat's meow, the big cheese, the bee's knees, some kinda sheik cause you know some 40's gangster slang? Somebody must have slipped you one. You're all wet, bhm! Now hit the bricks fella! (spoken with Edward G. Robinson's voice)

LOL

That appears to be the same piece from Suspended Cap in the 'Through The Ages' set, but I'm not sure where it was used prior to that set...

Mark I Iron Man (Movie)

(sorry, this has been driving me crazy trying to find where this piece first was used...) :wacko:

Thanks for checking! Mine were all definitely from the Hostile Takeover set, as I had several extras of those.

Great customs! I love your Ulik especially. Very, very nice. And I'm looking forward to Wednesday too. :thumbsup:

....there were probably lots of psychedelic drugs involved? :unsure: :tongue:

Mickey Finns ?

I very much doubt that anybody but me will know what they are .

Applesauce! You think you're the cat's meow, the big cheese, the bee's knees, some kinda sheik cause you know some 40's gangster slang? Somebody must have slipped you one. You're all wet, bhm! Now hit the bricks fella! (spoken with Edward G. Robinson's voice)

LOL

Nice try, but I think he's referring to an English band from the 60's. Jimmy Page was briefly a member. I used to be really into prog rock and pre-prog/psychedelic rock form the 1960's and 1970's. There are a number of brilliant musicians from those decades that were using sounds and methods that are just catching on now. Pretty neat.

Oh man Luke please say your going to do the other members of the Zodiac, that is one of my all time favorite Avengers story lines (campy as it was). I'm afraid my pestering might be on par with the call for Kang. Needless to say Taurus is my favorite of this batch.

Mark I Iron Man (Movie) (sorry, this has been driving me crazy trying to find where this piece first was used...) :wacko:

Thanks for checking! Mine were all definitely from the Hostile Takeover set, as I had several extras of those.

Ah - much appreciated guys :)

Have you attempted DC's The Metal Men? The faces seem like they would be hard to replicate.

Not to speak for Luke, but I can tell you from experience that he's more of a Marvel guy, so chances are no, unless someone commissioned them. I made some decent decals for their chests, but I myself have been stymied by their faces. So I'd agree that yeah, they're hard to replicate. But if anyone can do it, it's Luke... :whistling:

Or Boyd... :whistling:

Or Bob... or any of the other guys better at this then me.... :blush:

HIldegarde, HIldegarde, HIldegarde...

That name has been bugging me for days.

Tonight, it hit me...

Buffy and HIldegarde, "Bussom Buddys", The show Tom "greatest actor of his generation" Hanks wishes we'd forget. Unfortunatly for Tom, it's theme song is still one of my all time favorite songs.

Oh... darn fine customs, Luke. I can only hope the if and when DST gets around to these guys, they look near as good. Tiger Shark and Ulik rock extra hard.

Thanks guys! :)

Have you attempted DC's The Metal Men? The faces seem like they would be hard to replicate.

Not to speak for Luke, but I can tell you from experience that he's more of a Marvel guy, so chances are no, unless someone commissioned them. I made some decent decals for their chests, but I myself have been stymied by their faces. So I'd agree that yeah, they're hard to replicate. But if anyone can do it, it's Luke... :whistling:

Or Boyd... :whistling:

Or Bob... or any of the other guys better at this then me.... :blush:

I can give the Metal Men a whirl sometime. I know I haven't given DC enough of a chance. I do want to try the new DC once I get caught up on my Marvel reading.

• 2 weeks later...

New Marvel customs!

Classic Mimic

mimic1-1.jpg

A commission that I was very happy to receive, as it gave me a chance to make a second one for myself. :)

Hands and feet are from X-Factor Beast. Decals for face and chest. Fixit Sculpt for visor.

Dark X-Men Mimic

mimic2-1.jpg

Another commission that I duplicated. Decals for wrists, face, and chest. Hair is trimmed from Wolfsbane.

Red Ghost with Super Ape

redghost.jpg

This one was just for me. :biggrin:

I was going to make a decal for Red Ghost's face, but when I took apart the X-Factor Beasts for Classic Mimic, I realized that he had the perfect face for Red Ghost. His chest piece is modified from Sabretooth and his hair is Fixit Sculpt. Super Ape is just Grodd with a new face.

*SQUEEEEEEEEEAL*

Those Mimics are SUPERB, Luke! Just beautiful!

I notice you're using the DC Hawk(insert gender here) wings rather than the Marvel (Arch)Angel ones. . . artistic choice for some variety amongst the winged Marvel characters, or do you just have a surplus of Hawkpeople in your parts bin?

*SQUEEEEEEEEEAL*

Those Mimics are SUPERB, Luke! Just beautiful!

I notice you're using the DC Hawk(insert gender here) wings rather than the Marvel (Arch)Angel ones. . . artistic choice for some variety amongst the winged Marvel characters, or do you just have a surplus of Hawkpeople in your parts bin?

Thanks! Extra Angel figures proved to be difficult to find at a decent price, so I went with my extra hawk wings instead.