UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to see an Alpha Flight set soon it would be a great end to the wave of Mutants we've been receiving before the assumed waves of Avengers, Capt and Thor 'mates.

Alpha Flight, Dazzler, Longshot and Boom-Boom are easily my most wanted 'mates now.

Damn. No Kratos.

Well I do like the prospects of getting that adorable little Invisible Man that they had shown at the show that one time. The Universal Monsters minis seem to be going swimmingly.

<opens envelope>

And the award for most Self-Promoting Question of the Month goes to...

:)

Seriously. Who does that Hesselgrave guy think he is?

Edited by karamazov80

The God of War question was mine... I'm disappointed, not at the fact I'm not getting Kratos, but at DST for setting themselves up for utter failure so they can keep saying "videogames don't sell"

Have they made a videogame line other Street Fighter?

I think Halo's going to end up EXACTLY like Street Fighter, DST is offering NOTHING MacFarlane isn't McF's figures are small and possible AND have vehicles, plus MacFarlane beat them to market and is sold at TRU, Target, Wal-Mart, and even some videogame stores carry a figure or two, plus as with SF before it the McF Halo's are in scale with other popular lines of the same theme (Star Wars and GI Joe... Marvel Universe too I guess). With Street Fighter unless you already liked minimates you had no reason to buy a block figure of Ryu if you had the SOTA figure, will Master Chef (which is a much more fun name them Master Chief, I refuse to call him anything but!) fans be different? Only time will tell....

the Sony line (or do they not have rights to Sony? I wasn't sure what they meant by "neither" when they answered my question) will just warm the pegs like DC Direct (sorry DC Unlimits) lines of the same properties, so at least Lady Loki and Crimson Dynamo can have some friends since the Ghostbusters never want to stay and talk... it's almost like they're telling TRU to f**k off "we want more videogames" "fine, what's the cheapest crap we can get... that'll learn 'em for supporting us"

Speaking of Ghostbusters (and Back to the Future most likely) thank god Mattel is ruin by a plastic headed moron, if they had got their crap together for Ghostbusters and got THEIR set to TRU first we'd be hearing "80's comedy minimates don't sell" right now.

speaking of the 80's... if we can't get Rocky III can we get a "Mr.T Vs Hulk Hogan" (as Mr.T and Hulk Hogan) 2-pack?

If DSS was one of the best selling sets, if Ghostbusters and Back to the Future are hot properties, why wouldn't that 2-pack fly off the shelves?

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, it feels like we just had a Minimate Q&A. Must have been pretty light in the ol' AA mailbox. Still, some good answers, and no one asked if they've ever considered Star Wars (you know they'd sell really well!). I'm always surprised when they don't think ahead about finishing off teams and lineups. How could they think about making Karma but not Dani? And where the !@#$ is Songbird?

I'm surprised to hear they weren't even considering Moonstar & Magma . . . but i'm glad to hear they are now a possibility.

And where the !@#$ is Songbird?

She's on my top 10 . . . . and i don't even know who she is!

maybe she'll come out in a a tru 2-pack with Kang?

Huh. So I'm guessing a mask-around-the-neck Spidey is in our very, very near future?

And don't forget Wolverine. <_<

....The cops are pretty much the same way and there is tampo on their chests.

You may want to check again Chuck. I have 3 sets of them and none of them have tampos on their chests.

Yeah, that's why I asked the question. I'm not sending any cookies for Chuck this time around.

I'm surprised to hear they weren't even considering Moonstar & Magma . . . but i'm glad to hear they are now a possibility.

I'm more baffled than surprised. To say they were considered and shelved would have made more sense than not ever having been considered. When you come so close to completing a team, it seems you would have to pretty deliberately not consider the final members.

....The cops are pretty much the same way and there is tampo on their chests.

You may want to check again Chuck. I have 3 sets of them and none of them have tampos on their chests.

I think it would be good if every once and awhile someone from DST stepped into a TRU and actually bought something like, oh, I don't know, the police set or the Friends and Foes set. Just to check that QC samples represent what is on the market.

I'm more baffled than surprised. To say they were considered and shelved would have made more sense than not ever having been considered. When you come so close to completing a team, it seems you would have to pretty deliberately not consider the final members.

Especially given that Mirage/Moonstar/Dani was one of the mutants featured on the cover of NM#1

Plus, she was one of the "Cast Faces' they put in the little Marvel Box in the top corner for almost every issues up till about #80.

Once again nothing about the Battle beasts Minimates. I wonder what they are planning about this line and hope that it won't be just cancelled.

Although I know no more than you ,I doubt very much that they will be cancelled. There is a distinct momentum about the Minimate line at the moment which although I have my reservations (check my avatar ;) ) about ......will bring us Battle Beasts when another line perhaps finishes or slows down.

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't have anything to do with Minimates, but....

Has anyone else ever noticed that the Sci-Fi based Q&As are basically just "are you going to make more Trek/BSG/Stargate figures?" "Probably not, they don't sell very well" over and over and over? Why do people keep asking? And why do I keep reading them?

Has anyone else ever noticed that the Sci-Fi based Q&As are basically just "are you going to make more Trek/BSG/Stargate figures?" "Probably not, they don't sell very well" over and over and over? Why do people keep asking? And why do I keep reading them?

http://dbanach.com/sisyphus.htm

Same reason our Q&As are basically just "are you going to make more Street Fighter/DC/Kang Minimates" "No, No, and No..." <_<