UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

Not to beat a dead horse, but First Appearance Angel was supposed to be the non-chase and the blue costume Angel was supposed to be the variant. Even though the packaging still indicated this, the 1st appearance Angel was short-packed.

Between this problem, and the scarceness of TRU X-Factor Angel, fans were/are upset that it was too difficult to complete the 1st Appearance X-Men and X-Factor teams due to DST's screw-up and TRU's unreliability of carrying product.

thank you for clarifying

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they meant Whiplash was.

he he... oops :blush:

BS

I thought he meant Iron Man ! :blush:

I think he did mean Iron Man. Context implies that we'll see a drop in Iron Men showing up in future waves, but that he's still a core member of the Marvel family, meaning he won't vanish completely.

looks like my optimism we'd see a final battle Whiplash was not rewarded!

Oh well, time to figure out how to make my own (let's see.... Iron Monger torso, Cyclon skirt... I wonder if I can find the SHS Whiplash on the cheap, his whips would work better then the minimate versions)

Also, the Kubricks were released state-side at video game stores, and warmed shelves. TOYNK or AFX (can't recall) was selling sets of 4 for $10 or so awhile back. Of course, the Kubricks were just the one mold, and didn't have vehicles, but I'm not sure if the market will be here for Halo. I hope I'm wrong.

Also, the Kubricks were released state-side at video game stores, and warmed shelves. TOYNK or AFX (can't recall) was selling sets of 4 for $10 or so awhile back. Of course, the Kubricks were just the one mold, and didn't have vehicles, but I'm not sure if the market will be here for Halo. I hope I'm wrong.

Like I say in the Halo thread, they need to play things VERY carefully, or these things will be bigger peg warmers than ST wave 3. That comment was rather unappreciated as I recall.

I thought it was that Angel didn't come with the freakin- bazooka he's shown with on the cover of Uncanny #1.

Oh. . . is that what it was? I always thought he was flying in with a telescope or something . . . more scientific(?) and less 'bomb the hell out of you'. LOL.

I guess his place in X-Force (the new 'kill everyone' team) is well earned. He's been packing heat since day one.

Edited by Nessex

still no consideration for Songbird?? arrghh.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not feelin the current direction DST has the Marvel line going. I'm looking for villains, never made before characters and interesting characters.

Instead we're getting things like a third namor, third psylocke, menance/lady loki/, doom#87564, another x-force wolverine, boring looking new mutants set, etc.

Give me things like the wrecking crew, zemo, black knight/tigra, alpha flight, crossbones & brotherhood of mutants.

I agree 100% fwooshey.

The IM2 'mates really over did it for me. Yes, I bought them all for my collection, but by the time we got to the C2E2 exclusives and TRU wave 2, I was really burnt out and had no more enthusiasm for that line.

Thor, Cap, and Avengers will all be the same way. Oversaturation of movie-related 'mates. If that helps DST pay the bills, fine. But at least give us the 616 'mates we've wanting for years.

I agree 100% fwooshey.

The IM2 'mates really over did it for me. Yes, I bought them all for my collection, but by the time we got to the C2E2 exclusives and TRU wave 2, I was really burnt out and had no more enthusiasm for that line.

Thor, Cap, and Avengers will all be the same way. Oversaturation of movie-related 'mates. If that helps DST pay the bills, fine. But at least give us the 616 'mates we've wanting for years.

The one silver lining with the IM2 Minimates is that they followed it up with the Iron Man themed 616 wave which gave us Mandarin, Crimson Dynamo and Stilt-Man!

I can only hope that with the Captain America film we get a similar wave with a new 616 Nick Fury, Sharon Carter, Falcon and some villains like Batroc, Arnim Zola or Baron Zemo. The Thor movie could bring us a 616 Warriors Three set, Sif and maybe Hela. From the initial movie designs, it looks like movie versions of Odin and the Destroyer could blend in well with the 616 stuff.

• 1 month later...

The no answer might be your answer. That's probably an extra cost they don't want to consider spending at this point.

"I think Wolverine is always considered when we do new sets or series of two packs." I appreciate his honesty here :lol:

Edited by karamazov80

I always love how people try to give their little spin when throwing out a potential property. "Have you considered Star Wars? It would be a big seller!" Yeah, no $#*!.

I'm surprised, though, that they've never really thought about Harry Potter. I'd say Harry Potter (after Star Wars and WWE) has the most potential to be a tentpole property for 'mates the way Ghostbusters has been.

Totally agree with Poe Ghostal's comments about Hellboy, and indie 'mates in general. I've always thought that the Indie Mates box set was a bad test of the market potential. If you were to do a box set, or even a wave of two packs, for books like Hellboy, Grendel, Invincible, ect, comic shop owners would be on board, and they'd sell through pretty well. But I thought that's what would happen with the Spirit comics set, so what do I know....

Mine got answered! Sadly it was a negative. I so wanted a Rocky 3 minimate...he looked so freaking sweet... :(

That set would have sold well for Mr. T and Hulk Hogan. What a wasted opportunity....

That set would have sold well for Mr. T and Hulk Hogan. What a wasted opportunity....

Tell me about it, it was the perfect set...

I would only buy it if it included Billy Crystal and a circular seating booth....

That Universal Monsters answer kind of worries me. They say they have year two set, which tracks with the seeming date changes we saw at NYCC: Frankenstein monster and Dracula. So I guess Mummy and Invisible Man are now on the "we'll see how it goes" list?

Seems like they've compressed the original three-year plan to try and squeeze our both of the remaining high-profile monsters next year in case they need to cut bait on this line...