UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

Yeah, I agree about 2099. Nessex sent me one for Christmas and I was honestly shocked. I'd forgotten how plain he is. (Which is still cool in it's own right) I had to fight the urge to give him C3 Batman's gauntlets and Black Bolt's wings, cause I figure we'll see him again this year sometime.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money for the one figure on that list is on the Falcon, followed by Beta Ray Bill. I'd buy either in a heartbeat.

My guesses? Falcon is #1, with Crystal being a close #2.

In reality? It's probably an updated Ben Reilly Spider-Man with the six-armed Doppleganger.

I love that someone asked if they'd make Ultimate Galactus. Isn't he a giant space cloud?

Nah that's movie Galactus. Ultimate Galactus is a bunch of really big robots in a hive mind. Still hard to mateify.

My guess is we'll see Beta Ray Bill in a Thor Through the Ages set, possibly along with ThunderStrike and Thor Frog!

Maybe during the next TRU vote?

Falcon has been my personal 'Kang' for some while now & I'd just love to get him .....I did however say the same about that outrageously bad Vulture. Beta Ray Bill bears an uncanny resemblance to something I saw at SDCC ,from the Halo series?

I can't believe Chuck doesn't think a Wrecking Crew boxset would sell. I can understand not wanting it to be a TRU/Disney exclusive but it's perfect for a SDCC/online store exclusive. It's a collector aimed boxset for a collector based event and the Wrecking Crew are popular (popular enough to be released as non-exclusive figures for Marvel Universe by Hasbro)

Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers were good enough for multiple boxsets and they've made such horrible boxsets recently such as Liefield X-Factor/Wolverine through the Ages/Iron Man Battle Tactics.

arrgghh. :wallbash:

I can't believe a decent, QC conscious ,Wrecking Crew wouldn't sell, neither can I believe that if someone picked it up as an exclusive, Chuck would care either way. This set http://cgi.ebay.com/MINIMATES-DEADPOOL-VEN...=item5197326bf5 is selling at the rate of 1 a day & has maintained that pace for about a month ......but DST has sold them all.

I would buy a Wreching Crew set . . . really i would! I think they are great designs and a classic part of the MU.

BUT - i didn't know anything about them before joining this forum.

In my cartoon watching experience, i don't remember them ever popping up (until very recently in SHS). In my comic reading experience, i've only ever seen them once in Runaways.

This is not to say that they are not deserving characters. Simply that they're exposure hasn't been at the same level as the characters from an Avengers/Spider Man/Iron Man/X-Men box-set.

It might be time to start campaining and letting AA/DST know that there really IS demand for the Wrecking Crew.

The thing about the Wrecking Crew is that they are background villians usually. When you have a large group of villians, the Wrecking Crew are there.

I can't believe a decent, QC conscious ,Wrecking Crew wouldn't sell, neither can I believe that if someone picked it up as an exclusive, Chuck would care either way.

From what it seems like (at least to me), it's not so much a company telling DST what exclusive they want more than Chuck and Co. saying what they'll offer.

The thing about the Wrecking Crew is that they are background villians usually. When you have a large group of villians, the Wrecking Crew are there.

I can't believe a decent, QC conscious ,Wrecking Crew wouldn't sell, neither can I believe that if someone picked it up as an exclusive, Chuck would care either way.

From what it seems like (at least to me), it's not so much a company telling DST what exclusive they want more than Chuck and Co. saying what they'll offer.

i think the wrecking crew are big villians, on numerous ocasions the wrecker has taken down thor. and they are getting decdent exposure nowaday, they have all been made into marvel universe figures, they all appeared on SHS and avengers earths mightiest heroes and have all been shown in commercials for said shows aswell, making their appearance known to even people who dont watch. the wrecking crew make perfect sense to be made into non-exclusice mates.

after watching the most recent avengers earths mightiest heroes episode i cant get over the fact that they havnt made atleast one kang minimate! hes got to be the most badass badguy of them all!! his powers are topnotch and the look is pretty iconic, not to mention most of the pieces are already out there (titanium man, servo gaurd, lady deathstrike) and his chair could just be a repainted proffesor x chair :P

A Thor wave with 4 2-packs, each one containing a Wreching crew member could be cool. Thor & Wrecker, Beta Ray Bill & Bulldozer - etc . . .

It keeps DST feeling safe, having a big hero in each pack & keeps the nerds happy cause they get their B-list villains.

They've certainly made more obscure villains then the Wrecker. Spymaster, Nitro, Klaw... all lesser villains. Heck, the Wrecking Crew was in Secret Wars!

Of course, we can't seem to convince Chuck to make one of the most important villains in the Marvel Universe, arguably the Avengers arch nemesis, so... bah. :angry:

Of course, we can't seem to convince Chuck to make one of the most important villains in the Marvel Universe, arguably the Avengers arch nemesis, so... bah. :angry:

Seriously. How do you not make a Baron Zemo after all this time? :angry:

Will the Golden Girls finally get their chance to shine?

I know you're joking, but i would totally buy minimates of Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan and Estelle Getty!

(Just need to keep my Bea-mate away from my Deadpool-mates :P )

Will the Golden Girls finally get their chance to shine?

I know you're joking, but i would totally buy minimates of Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan and Estelle Getty!

(Just need to keep my Bea-mate away from my Deadpool-mates :P )

Obviously no one remembers that I was in fact the first person to bring these up, picture and all. ;) Go on, check the TV thread. it's there!! :lol: And i'd still buy them...

It's interesting that they have the mindset that now that Marvel has "matured" they don't need to show many anymore. Sorta disappointing really. I enjoy seeing all of these at once rather than wait for Art Asylum to just randomly throw pictures of new Minimates one day (see: Thor Moviemates).

Is it too much to hope the surprise is either Dr. Who or James Bond?? :blush:

Obviously no one remembers that I was in fact the first person to bring these up, picture and all. ;) Go on, check the TV thread. it's there!! :lol: And i'd still buy them...

Do you mean this one, posted Jun 15, 2009? If so, then your claim does not hold. I posted more than a year before on April 10, 2008. But Pete beat that on March 12, 2008 and included a photo to boot. But even Pete was beat on May 3, 2007 by the well known member Heatwave316. Yet still not the first, as there was a request by another highly obscure member on December 9, 2006 in the very thread you "first" posted in.

:P

Thanks for saving me the trouble Ivan-I thought that didn't seem right. And oddly, it was my question which prompted Chuck to mention there being a big announcement. Very 'Circle of Life'.

Maybe by 'big' Chuck means stuff bigger that 2". Probably not, but I wanted to throw that out for conspiacy theories to start.