UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

Dang I know TM2 probably wasn't really attacking me, but I'm a little shocked what I said set him off. My bad. I was just saying "me personally" wont pay $80 for a Gambit. If someone wants to charge that for it, go ahead. I like when I know something I was lucky enough to buy before hand is now worth a little money. Collecting is like a investment. I get it. When I'm short on money I know I can always post something on ebay, make a little change and buy something new. It's how it works. And I don't think DST should re-release it either. I missed out on it, and that's my fault.

But it will be mine!!! one day.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the mentality that toy collecting is an "investment" is far more destructive than a few people hoping for re-releases of popular characters. That line of thinking had people arguing that we couldn't get a new version of Spider-Man in his black costume because DST had once released him as a variant.

Nah Count, I wasn't getting onto you. You just touched on emotions after coming from a thread about Hasbro MP10 TRU Optimus, and scalpers. You're good man. *fist bump*

Remember the line at the end of 40yo Virgin? Where his friend is like "We're buying you some toys!" That always ticked me off so bad. You don't get it. It's like... Well, Bill Watterson said it better than I ever could.

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1995/03/01

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1992/07/20

@ stack32 I look at collecting as a "hobby investment". Meaning, if something I buy in hopes will one day be worth a lot of money but ends up being worth less then I paid for it, ok by me. I'm not putting everything I have towards it, so if it bombs, oh well. But you never know when you get stuff and turns out to be gold! That's a nice feeling. And I'm not addicted to collecting (besides minimates) and don't ever take food from my families mouth because of it. And I hate scalpers as much as the next guy, those pinche puntos!

@ stack32 And I'm not addicted to collecting (besides minimates) and don't ever take food from my families mouth because of it.

Really? I snatched a spoonfull of mashed potatoes from my boyfriend today to save .6 of a cent that will go towards X-Factor Angel.

How dare they impose their "needs" on my superior habits.

• 1 month later...

Okay, here is example #1 why I say "Take what Chuck says in these with a grain of salt":

I don’t think any of the ones that did not make the 50th are scheduled yet but they might be.

Not only have they already scheduled two figures from the poll (Falcon and Winter Soldier), but they've even already released one (Steve Rogers, granted as an alternate head). So when Chuck says something like "no plans for Age of Ultron" even when we know there are plans for Age of Ultron... DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT.

I'm sure Chuck just forgot that those guys had been in the poll; I'm also sure the poll and the characters in it meant more to us then it did to him. I don't think he ever means to mislead, but he plays things close to the vest. He's kind of like Stan Lee, in that he might not always have his facts straight when you ask him a question, but there's certainly nothing duplicitous about it if the answer's wrong. But, if Chuck says something in a Q&A that seems to contradict something else we know, or think we know, don't be too quick to assume his Q&A answer is the final word.

EDIT: also just saw this gem:

Not sure if we’ve considered a full set of Tarot Minimates but I suppose it’s possible.

tarot.jpg

whistling.giflaugh.png

Edited by hellpop

• 1 month later...

So....did I read that correctly? If so, then Kill Bill 'mates are coming, and Chuck didn't say "no" when asked about TMNT! thumbsup.gif

First time that the answers to my questions were so positive! So, one of these licences is possible: Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Halo, MGS, Skyrim and GTA. Pretty great! Also, if things go according to plan we may see a marvel zombie set every halloween. As fot TMNT, if we get TMNT mates based on the idw i'll be able to cross yet another "most wanted" licence of my list. All in all, a great ask dst!