UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In hindsight, we should have planned a before/after photo thread. Pix of the Minimates at your store right when the sale started, and then pix when the sale ended.

I'm seeing a lot of IM3 stuff at my store, too, but all of the SFxT sets people are calling the worst pegwarmers in history have been gone for a while. I guess it really does vary by region.

Every store I have been to since the sale started has averaged a full case of SF!T (that ! was for you, Baghead) Wave 1, even the exclusives. Wave 2 has been less common but I did find several packs of the Kuma exclusive.

Zach, you had mentioned… somewhere… that an upcoming wave will be "modern" X-men. In this Q&A, though, Chuck says there aren't plans to do any NOW stuff for the time being, and you've hinted as much several times as well. So, are we talking current modern, or like mid-90's, X-treme X-men modern to go with that X-Force set?

Zach, you had mentioned… somewhere… that an upcoming wave will be "modern" X-men. In this Q&A, though, Chuck says there aren't plans to do any NOW stuff for the time being, and you've hinted as much several times as well. So, are we talking current modern, or like mid-90's, X-treme X-men modern to go with that X-Force set?

I don't know what he considers NOW. It's pretty current, not sure if he views NOW as ongoing or as what everyone was wearing at the time of launch. I also have no idea when it will be offered -- we still have all of the movies to get through.

Wave 2 IS far less common, at least at TRU. As in fewer sets exist.

was this the case with MvC3 wave 3, too? i've looked at 3 stores in Portland, one near Seattle,and one in eastern Washington, and never saw these.

I'm not sure. Probably?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, a new Doc Ock coming (the one from the box set?), and TRU is still working with DST, but apart from that it's mostly "you never know," "no plans," and "maybes."

Sounds like the "potential" Tomb Raider boxset 'mates shown at SDCC aren't going to happen, but another wave could? At this point I would just be happy with the TRU Scavengers/StormGuard exclusives repackaged with a different color scheme.

Does this sound like there is a slight chance the DOFP wave might not happen?

Matt K.: Good evening DST folks. I was lookin thru photos from the new york toy fair and saw hints of the movie versions of the days of future past folks. I was just wondering with those sets, are there accompanying toys r us sets for those. And are we going to see young and old versions of magneto and prof. X? as well as minimates of havok and toad and Trask and a sentinel? AND when these sets come out how long will it be before we see a box set comic version of the days of future past characters?
Keep up the good work! TTFN!
DST Chuck: Those are still with the studio for approval, so anything I would say could still be changed. We’re going to have to hear from them soon to get that set out at all, so hopefully we have some news for you soon.

DST Chuck: Those are still with the studio for approval, so anything I would say could still be changed. We’re going to have to hear from them soon to get that set out at all, so hopefully we have some news for you soon.

Hmmm... Really want that Past Magneto & Mystique :/

will not let anxiety & speculation get to me... will not let anxiety & speculation get to me... will not let anxiety & speculation get to me.

• 1 month later...

I tried to send a question to Ask DST but the site wouldn't accept my typed in response to the security code needed to submit the request. I am sure I entered it correctly, but it never changed to a different code.

• 5 weeks later...

There's a new Ask DST up today. It's mostly on Marvel Select but there's a few minimate questions in there. The one I found most interesting:

Matthew K.
I have one question. Will you guys ever make a Watcher Minimate?

DSTChuck: I would think it’s very possible.

That's not exactly a confirmation but it is a much more positive response than I would have expected to the question.