UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

Happy to read that:

- 2014 will have more comic stuff than movie stuff.

-classic Iron Fist and Luke Cage might be getting an update, along with Misty Knight and Colleen Wing.

I wonder if that new Iron Fist would be our opportunity to get the white costume? or if it'd be another green (which seems likely, if it's a 2 pack)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to read that:

- 2014 will have more comic stuff than movie stuff.

-classic Iron Fist and Luke Cage might be getting an update, along with Misty Knight and Colleen Wing.

I wonder if that new Iron Fist would be our opportunity to get the white costume? or if it'd be another green (which seems likely, if it's a 2 pack)

I'm hoping it'll be classic green. Removable collar piece instead of a bulky torso. Includes 2 torso's, one with the chest dragon tattoo and one without.

The recent Star Trek Ast DST had this:

Sam E.
Hey Chuck, Zach & all the crew there at DST.
Question about Star Trek Minimates. I saw in your recent Q&A that sales have not been great for the Legacy Mates. If it is the only set we get from the Trek Minimate re-launch, than it was a perfect wave to add to our collections.
Would you ever consider releasing a TNG box set or 2 including the main seven characters? I realize getting our hopes up for complete crews from every Trek is unrealistic, but surely TNG is still loved enough that people would buy them.
Could it be an SDCC/NYCC/Toy Fair set? or are convention exclusives only from lines that are more popular like Marvel?
Thanks for your time & keep up the awesome work!

DSTChuck: Nothing has been decided for Trek so nothing is off the table – we’ll have to see how the year goes.

It's not really news, but I guess we can hesitantly say that Trek is probably not definitely dead. Maybe. Although it's still possible.

"We'll have to see how the year goes" sounds an awful lot like it's back in hibernation. That would imply it will be at least the end of 2014 before they even start the six- to eight-month process of planning, soliciting, and producing another wave or box set.

Or, as TNG suggested, "All Good Things..."

By the spotlight, I meant the company's spotlight, with guest appearances in other titles, merchandise and ad campaigns, not just having a book.

Guest Appearances

300px-Spidey_Super_Stories_Vol_1_39.jpg

This one is significant because it's a media tie in with a popular kid's TV series, the Electric Company.

I'm not going to list all the guest appearances, it would fill the page. According to comic vine, Hellcat appears in 866 issues.

Merchandise

902036-hellcat-001.jpg

Merchandise

6f0b656e-324b-46b0-8e75-ad28ab7fd3a7.jpg

Merchandise

$_12.JPG

Merchandise

hellcat-custom-heroclix-front.jpg?w=468

Merchandise

707148506_tp.jpg

Merchandise

$(KGrHqZHJFUFDyn+ojm5BRCbufDBEQ~~60_35.J

Merchandise

image-tswmnsawegirlsrule-0-watermark.jpg

Merchandise

marvel-heroes-hellcat_i-G-49-4945-I14HG0

Advertisement

cat+1972.jpg

In 1972, Marvel made a push to cash in on the feminist movement with several female led titles. "The Cat" was front and center in that promotion. That's pretty significant.

I guarantee there are other ads, but I'm not going to waste time looking for them.

So again, when you say:

Hellcat [has] never really been in the spotlight in any way

and using your criteria for "spotlight", you are just plain wrong.

Not to back track too much I feel like a retro Girl Power box set could be niche and novelty enough to work. I know that figures for female characters can be harder to sell but I think it could sell. Iwould buy probably three sets two as presents one for myself.

I just meant I don't know if prototypes will be at NYTF. Clearly Chuck wants to keep it going, but I don't know what he is prioritizing for the show, since I'm not in the production meetings. I'm always surprised by half the stuff that they crank out in time for Toy Fair. Maybe it'll be concept art, maybe a single prototype, maybe a full assortment, or maybe just the sales team asking if there's interest.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure I like the sound of "we have to convince the new buyer how cool Minimates are." I'm also not sure having almost every wave TRU stocked last year on clearance is making the case. It sounds like TRU haven't said "no" to new Minimates… but they haven't said "yes," either. Looks like Toyfair is going to be pretty important this year.

Edited by Lobsterman

I'm not sure I like the sound of "we have to convince the new buyer how cool Minimates are." I'm also not sure having almost every wave TRU stocked last year on clearance is making the case. It sounds like TRU haven't said "no" to new Minimates… but they haven't said "yes," either. Looks like Toyfair is going to be pretty important this year.

Are you referring to the last quote?

I think we’d like nothing more than to get more MAX products out there, however, there was a buyer change at TRU, and we just need to convince the new buyer how cool the line is!

Because that is just about MAX, a line with no media tie-in outside of videos we make ourselves. TRU will have plenty of new Minimates this year, as I've said in the "What Now TRU?" Doomsday Sale thread. A clearance sale is not them walking away from the line.

I agree Zach. I read the clearance as just that. Lingering stock needs to move out to make room for more and ooops the new stuff got mixed up in the clearance (in some cases) too, our loss, your gain. Seriously, how long has Marvel vs Capcom and Universal Monsters stuff been lingering in your area? Quite a while in mine.

Speaking of which, I went yesterday and bought all of the remaining MvC Minimates and many Marvel Minimates, but not all of them. I would go broke trying to buy up all the IM3 stuff they had in stock.

Really? I've been now to four TRUs since the clearance sales began, and I've seen exactly one IM3 set.

This was a pretty informative Q&A, as these things go. Not really sure what other Skybound properties there are out there to explore, but a second Invincible set seems like a no-brainer to me. Bad news for Star Trek fans, but not unexpected I don't think.