UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

Unrelated rant:

Q&A is an awesome service but the massive question blocks drive me crazy. i just skip them now in favor of the short & sweet one/two question sets. I know he has asked that we all keep it to five per submission, but maybe a simple tweak of their site to include five separate questions fields with twitter-esque 140 character limitations could solve this.

End rant:

Psyched for NYTF. Marvel stuff might be sparse if i am reading Chuck correctly but the Calico Jack & MAX display could be a total win.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TM2 i dont feel the time for kickass minimates has passed, i do feel the time for kick ass MOVIE minimates has passed, but the comicbook is very popular and kick-ass 2 has aready started coming out, plus its published by marvel, i agree it would need a big event resulting in it becoming extremley popular to warrant minimates, but there have been tons of 'random' releases in the past so if DST were up to it i think a comicbook boxset would sell

hmm...I wonder what Chuck meant by "I think we’ll have a HUGE surprise for MM fans at the show that will shock them for sure."

I don't think DST will be going beyond the 2.5 scale for marvel minimates. Chuck already said in an earlier Q&A characters like Galactus and The Watcher aren't being considered. So that leaves only one thing....KANG!! :bunny:

So that leaves only one thing....KANG!!

I wasn't around when the joke started, so i'm not sure if i even have the right board-members name - but i will eat Ady's hat if Kang gets shown at the show. . . :P

Or the return of DC mates...

It would be shocking if DC mates returned. DST keeps making it known they want to make more and there are changes going on with DC Direct moving, etc. Maybe it is DC mates. It sure would be nice to get them back.

Edited by fwoosheyman

So that leaves only one thing....KANG!!

I wasn't around when the joke started, so i'm not sure if i even have the right board-members name - but i will eat Ady's hat if Kang gets shown at the show. . . :P

You've got it right.

Let me put this out there now. It will not be DC Mates, Street Fighter 2 or 2"+ Marvel Mates. So don't even go there.

Besides, Chuck has said that he wouldn't do 2.5" even if he could. He likes the 2" everyone the same size.

TM2 i dont feel the time for kickass minimates has passed, i do feel the time for kick ass MOVIE minimates has passed, but the comicbook is very popular and kick-ass 2 has aready started coming out, plus its published by marvel, i agree it would need a big event resulting in it becoming extremley popular to warrant minimates, but there have been tons of 'random' releases in the past so if DST were up to it i think a comicbook boxset would sell

Plus the movie sequel coming out next year. I think now more than ever is the best time to make them. At least now casual buyers know what Kick-Ass is; due to the movie.

Plus the movie sequel coming out next year. I think now more than ever is the best time to make them. At least now casual buyers know what Kick-Ass is; due to the movie.

Kick Ass 2 the movie has not yet been green-lit. I'd love to see it come out next year but so far all it is is talk right now. BTW, I attended the premiere last year with the cast, had a great time!

New Q&A is up:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2011/01/askdst-117/

Looks like we WILL be seeing some XMFC stuff :)

EDIT: Actually - neither the question, nor the answer specify that it will be minimate related stuff. . . :(

I thought we knew this already....i remember Chuck mentioning First Class a couple times a while back...or at least alluding to it:

Matt Strawbridge

Hey guys! I was wondering when that Disney store exclusive set was going to be released. I can’t wait to get ahold of that Thor! And speaking of Thor, do you think with the movie coming up we’ll be seeing any comic versions of other Asgardians? The Warriors Three, Heimdall, Odin, Sif, Balder? Thanks a lot! Matt

DSTChuck: Matt, the set should be in stores now. Yes I think we are looking at more comic Thor but unlike last year, this year Marvel has three movie release so we’re not going to have that large gap of space before and after the movie to get some stuff out like we did with Iron Man 2.

Three movies...so i'm assuming that this with that new answer would suggest minimates.

I mean, i can't imagine them making Select figures for them...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this exchange was interesting:

...I recently started my collection with the Heroic Age four pack a few weeks ago. Now I’m hooked, and have started hunting down old sets!

DSTChuck: Andrew welcome to the club!

For as much as we gripe about retreads of old characters and Marvel mainstays like Spidey and Iron Man, this seems like anecdotal evidence that the strategy to bring new collectors into the fold is working.