UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

This doesn't have anything to do with Minimates, but....

Has anyone else ever noticed that the Sci-Fi based Q&As are basically just "are you going to make more Trek/BSG/Stargate figures?" "Probably not, they don't sell very well" over and over and over? Why do people keep asking? And why do I keep reading them?

Same reason our Q&As are basically just "are you going to make more Street Fighter/DC/Kang Minimates" "No, No, and No..." <_<

why you gotta bust Kang's balls? dude just wants to rule all of time in mate form?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't have anything to do with Minimates, but....

Has anyone else ever noticed that the Sci-Fi based Q&As are basically just "are you going to make more Trek/BSG/Stargate figures?" "Probably not, they don't sell very well" over and over and over? Why do people keep asking? And why do I keep reading them?

Same reason our Q&As are basically just "are you going to make more Street Fighter/DC/Kang Minimates" "No, No, and No..." <_<

Actually, I think ours are more "have you ever thought about making [fill in the blank] Minimates?" Point taken, though! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody catch the Q&A yesterday? A lot of the same: "are you planning to make X?" "Maybe/no promises/probably not, but never say never." And it just wouldn't be a Minimates Q&A without someone asking about DC.

However, he did confirm:

1) Disney Heroic Age sets are in stores now

2) Pirates are the next MAX lineup. I wonder if Elite Guardians are something different?

And he implied there would be some kind of MAX 4-pack going to specialty stores that will make fans of women and minorities happy...

Edited by Lobsterman

I'm just glad he said I don't have to buy more than I want to support the line. I've been overly stressed trying to buy up every Minimate in my city, and my wallet has been considering suicide for some time now.

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not we see a DC question in the next Q&A?

Doctor Who Minimates get yet another nail in their coffin. :(

Walking Dead Minimates are surely a no-brainer (unintended pun) ? If I were DST I'd just bring out a Zombie Box Set of any description. The Marvel Zombies set were released in huge numbers yet still sell well whenever they hit ebay ,Luke's were very well received so what's the problem?

Max Zombies?

Walking Dead Minimates are surely a no-brainer (unintended pun) ? If I were DST I'd just bring out a Zombie Box Set of any description. The Marvel Zombies set were released in huge numbers yet still sell well whenever they hit ebay ,Luke's were very well received so what's the problem?

Max Zombies?

Where would you sell them? Minimates are popular with TRU, but they're positioned as a kid's toy. Zombies do not make a kid-friendly license. Comic book / specialty stores? They only got Minimates in there because of the licenses they represent, not because of the toy. It could be a tough sell to convince store owners to take a chance on unlicensed Minimate zombie...

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not we see a DC question in the next Q&A?

I suggest we make it more of a drinking game. :D

Instead, I suggest we all ask about DC. Of course, that would help those that make it a drinking game also, but is anybody up for a DC question month for Chuck?

Max Zombies?

Where would you sell them? Minimates are popular with TRU, but they're positioned as a kid's toy. Zombies do not make a kid-friendly license. Comic book / specialty stores? They only got Minimates in there because of the licenses they represent, not because of the toy. It could be a tough sell to convince store owners to take a chance on unlicensed Minimate zombie...

Ghostbusters Zombie Taxi Driver ? Just saying Jeff ;)

Howzabout the Max Terminator 2 Hunter Killer Tank......pretty tame name :D

I'll concede that you're right however.

You would think, after more than a year of them saying the Ecto-1 is not in their agreement, that people would stop asking the question.

Always gonna be new collectors so they may not know the question has been asked before. Thats they way I see it anyway. If it turns out to be a long fan of minimates then they should know the info and should be shot for asking it.

That being said I could understand someone asking about Ecto-1 about now. I'm sure not that long ago AA/DST said no RGB minimates and now they are being made. So maybe the person thought RGB might be a different licence from the movie GB minimates and could have had vehicles included in it.

Ghostbusters Zombie Taxi Driver ? Just saying Jeff ;)

Howzabout the Max Terminator 2 Hunter Killer Tank......pretty tame name :D

I'll concede that you're right however.

Eh, I'm not trying to be right or pick a fight. I'd love to see an original zombie line, and would love dearly to see Diamond move into more original and creative lines with Minimates, but I just don't see the market being supportive of such efforts. The fact that the MAX line apparently has done well at TRU gives me hope, though.

Speaking of the dead - I know that the Dr. who license is dead, but with BBC America finally doing the right thing and showing the Dr. Who Christmas special on Christmas here in America, I'm willing to bet Dr. Who support here in America has never been higher. People would buy them if they were made for the US market (and then we could ship the hell out of them to the UK...).

"We don’t have anything against X Villains so we’ll just have to see how it goes."

Arrgghhh...just make some X-men villains. They will sell. We're up to 38 waves (hundreds of marvel minimates if you add everything up) and we have lamo characters like Menance and Spymaster but still no Brotherhood of Mutants.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

"Hey guys! I was wondering when that Disney store exclusive set was going to be released. I can’t wait to get ahold of that Thor! And speaking of Thor, do you think with the movie coming up we’ll be seeing any comic versions of other Asgardians? The Warriors Three, Heimdall, Odin, Sif, Balder? Thanks a lot! Matt

DSTChuck: Matt, the set should be in stores now. Yes I think we are looking at more comic Thor but unlike last year, this year Marvel has three movie release so we’re not going to have that large gap of space before and after the movie to get some stuff out like we did with Iron Man 2. "

... so I guess that means "no", we're not going to do as much, huh?

Very excited to see my question answered. Sad to see no type of collector's Club or Matty type site planned. But hopefully one day. Hell I'd run it for them if they hired me.

Max Zombies?

Minimates a kid toy at tru? I think not. My TRU stock all the minimates including the MAX line in the adult collector aisle. In fact the max mates were between Dexter figures and family guy stuff.

I'm surprised at how my questions are the first answered on this latest Q&A. Probably because my questions go the longest. LOL

For 90s Colossus, Forge, and Banshee... Never say never basically, which is fine. Hopefully we at least get 90s Colossus... Must have complete Blue/Gold X-Men teams in some form.

The second question on the M.A.X. stuff with females and minorities...very interesting. Given I switched out a number of my M.A.X. figures' heads with spare Minimates heads after getting them...

And the last question.. Sounds like 2011 is gonna definitely majorly movie heavy, more so with Cap and Thor, so it's cool to get X-Men stuff while we can now.

You would think, after more than a year of them saying the Ecto-1 is not in their agreement, that people would stop asking the question.

Always gonna be new collectors so they may not know the question has been asked before. Thats they way I see it anyway. If it turns out to be a long fan of minimates then they should know the info and should be shot for asking it.

I've long wondered why AA doesn't just put an FAQ up that would cover... well, their frequently asked questions. It's right there in the name.

For 90s Colossus, Forge, and Banshee... Never say never basically, which is fine. Hopefully we at least get 90s Colossus... Must have complete Blue/Gold X-Men teams in some form.

Agreed! I'd REALLY like to see Colossus released with the army builder so we could get a Fatal Attractions Defection Colossus in his Acolyte uniform. :biggrin:

Would also very much like to see Banshee & Forge get released at some stage.

• 2 weeks later...