UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

waves 23& 24

bilbofett

Thanks for finding the pic! Most of them look like really bad customs as I'm sure they are very early protos, so I won't complain about them now lol. I soooo called the Iron Fist Mask re-use! And I'm pretty glad they went back to original powerhouse chest piece.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pic. thanks for the heads-up. I don't know if anyone noticed, there is a Secret Invasion box set listed right below. They use a promo art piece for the picture. Very interesting.

Nice catch! Very interesting indeed...

Nice pic. thanks for the heads-up. I don't know if anyone noticed, there is a Secret Invasion box set listed right below. They use a promo art piece for the picture. Very interesting.

Guess I might hold off on those Skrull customs until I see this box set. Hopefully we find out more about it this week at San Diego.

I, like most of you, am PRAYING that these are early protoypes that will differ somewhat come release time. My impression so far of this wave?

Spidey: Looks okay. A removable mask is a welcomed change as is the return of his classic bright colors.

Symbiote Sidey: Ditto as above (except for the bright colors comment).

Cosmic Spidey: No problemo with that one either.

Venom: :yucky:

Kraven: Like the reuse of Dr. Strange's hair, but would have rather have had a sculpted vest instead of a painted big chest piece.

Shocker: Hate the paint apps. Wrist bracelet are a poor substitute for shock gauntlets. DST... remember Magdelena's gauntlets?

Tarantula: The minimate NEEDS POINTY SHOES!!! He ain't the Taratula if he's got no pointy shoe!

I like the Kraven, Black costume Spidey, and Shocker. I also like the Venom over any of the others we have gotten so far. I think they need to adjust the look of his eyes a bit though. I would have preferred a Gargan style venom, but this will do. I'm not that familiar with the Cosmic Spidey, so I can't say that I'm looking forward to that one. I was really looking forward to the Tarantula mini, but I am underwhelmed right now. I think that all of these will look better than they do now once the finished product pics show up.

Thanks for finding the pic! Most of them look like really bad customs as I'm sure they are very early protos, so I won't complain about them now lol. I soooo called the Iron Fist Mask re-use! And I'm pretty glad they went back to original powerhouse chest piece.

Thank god for the regular powerhouse chest! Yay!

I don't think I'm going to be a fan of this wave. Seems to me like the only ones worth getting are Cpt. Universe and Kraven(Why'd they have to use the powerhouse piece? It could have been so much better without it). Shocker is alright, but money has been kinda tight so I can live without him.

As for Venom, what did they do? They nailed the body, but that head! Why?! Looks like they were aiming for the McFarlane Venom, but failed. I seriously hope they fix the face, if they do I'd say it's worth getting. But right now, things aren't looking very bright. They should have done Lizard, or Vulture. If Mysterio(I'm not saying he was a bad figure) can land a spot, they should also be able to.

I don't think I'm going to be a fan of this wave. Seems to me like the only ones worth getting are Cpt. Universe and Kraven(Why'd they have to use the powerhouse piece? It could have been so much better without it). Shocker is alright, but money has been kinda tight so I can live without him.

As for Venom, what did they do? They nailed the body, but that head! Why?! Looks like they were aiming for the McFarlane Venom, but failed. I seriously hope they fix the face, if they do I'd say it's worth getting. But right now, things aren't looking very bright. They should have done Lizard, or Vulture. If Mysterio(I'm not saying he was a bad figure) can land a spot, they should also be able to.

This is clearly a part reuse wave. I agree that Lizard, Electro, or Vulture would make for better villains than yet another Venom or a Tarantula, but I think they pulled off a decent look for what they had available. To do Lizard, they'd have to make a tail and most likely a new lab coat. To do Vulture, they'd have to do wings. There were no parts available to do either, so they chose characters that they could do. Spymaster from wave 23 is the same way.

This is clearly a part reuse wave. I agree that Lizard, Electro, or Vulture would make for better villains than yet another Venom or a Tarantula, but I think they pulled off a decent look for what they had available. To do Lizard, they'd have to make a tail and most likely a new lab coat. To do Vulture, they'd have to do wings. There were no parts available to do either, so they chose characters that they could do. Spymaster from wave 23 is the same way.

Spymaster doesn't reuse that many parts does he? And from the looks of it he's a fairly decent figure, and a character who's never been done before. But I suppose it's true about vulture and the lizard. But they could have just reused Bruce Banners lab coat, but I suppose they'd want to take a more torn/tattered approach.

Oh well, I suppose we'll simply have to take what we're given. And sadly what we're given is even more versions of SpiderMan. Hopefully after this run he'll get a loooong break from the minimates line.

Oh well, I suppose we'll simply have to take what we're given. And sadly what we're given is even more versions of SpiderMan. Hopefully after this run he'll get a loooong break from the minimates line.

Sorry dont know how to quote just bits of a post. I agree we might get gap in spidey mates but Wolverine is next there is a film due so we are all doomed we know how dstwhoever alawys blows their load of a chance of new spidey or wolvie figure.

Sorry dont know how to quote just bits of a post. I agree we might get gap in spidey mates but Wolverine is next there is a film due so we are all doomed we know how dstwhoever alawys blows their load of a chance of new spidey or wolvie figure.

There ar two buttons on the bottom right of the post you want to quote. Cick the one on the right.

There ar two buttons on the bottom right of the post you want to quote. Cick the one on the right.

And then delete out all the info in-between the "quote name" and "/quote" bracketed entries that you don't want copied.

Looks like they were aiming for the McFarlane Venom, but failed.

That was my first thought too -- they just need to extend the corners of the mouth up into that crooked grin he had in his early appearances and I think he'd look fine. Even without that fix, I think this one's a much better attempt than the awful face on the Venom in that Hydroman boxset... and I like the original Venom mate, but his really stylized mouth makes him look weird next to the more recently produced Spidey villains.

Otherwise I like this whole wave, except for the slip-on masks.

If they fix the head on the Venom it would be amazing. And the Powerhouse Venom from the boxset was horrible. His face.... Argh! The body looks great, but I can't get over the head. Hopefully there is still a chance they might fix it, the image isn't official is it?

Spymaster doesn't reuse that many parts does he? And from the looks of it he's a fairly decent figure, and a character who's never been done before.

He's a blank Minimate with BSG holsters, Assault Punisher guns, and a belt that I know I've seen before, but cannot place where. I didn't say it was a bad figure. In fact, he works quite well. I was just saying the inclusion of him over, say, the Mandarin, Titanium Man, etc, was likely influenced on the ability to make a figure without a bunch of extra tooling costs. Same reason you get Shocker (blank mini, Juggernaut hands, Cap boots) instead of a more complicated Vulture, Lizard, Electro, etc.

The fact that villains outweigh the heroes in this wave astounds me, though I'm equally floored that Chuck managed to squeeze out a wave with no fewer than three Spider-Men.

As a huge Spider-Man fan, I'll be buying all of them.

I'm excited to finally have a bright colored Spider-Man with musculature and a slip-on head, and the same for Symbiote Spidey. Cosmic Spidey looks pretty good, too.

Shocker looks... okay. There are a few problems with it, but like many others have said, I hope they'll be fixed by production time.

I would have preferred a sculpted vest for Kraven, but he's still easily my favorite of this wave,, and he looks GREAT. From the second I got my Doctor Strange, I knew that hair should be used for him.

Tarantula looks horrible. No pointy shoes, the costuem didn't translate well... it had better get fixed.

Who really dissapoints me if Venom. Maybe he'd work as McFaralne Venom if they gave him a smiling mouth that was just a bit smaller, I guess, but all in all, I'm not thrilled with another Venom, especially one like this.

If anybody checks out the latest issue of Previews from Diamond, they are soliciting Marevl Minimates waves 23 and 24. Interestingly, the full page add for wave 24 (Spidey & his amazing villains) shows all 3 Spideys, Venom, Shocker and Tarantula with out their masks on. All versions of Spidey have different facial expressions and and hairstyles. Oh, and both Shocker and Tarantula come with hairpieces as well. Check it out.

Edited by MINI_MYTE