UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

waves 23& 24

bilbofett

If anybody checks out the latest issue of Previews from Diamond, they are soliciting Marevl Minimates waves 23 and 24. Interestingly, the full page add for wave 24 (Spidey & his amazing villains) shows all 3 Spideys, Venom, Shocker and Tarantula with out their masks on. All versions of Spidey have different facial expressions and and hairstyles. Oh, and both Shocker and Tarantula come with hairpieces as well. Check it out.

any chance of a scan???

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anybody know if rhodes or stark comes with the gatlin guns on the shoulders

In the earliest convention photos they showed unmasked Rhodey in the non-gun suit, but since then DST have been posing the masked non-gun suit next to Stark in his iron-underoos, and the masked gun suit next to Rhodey (which implies the guns are now on the variant, which sucks).

Haven't seen it officially stated one way or the other, though, so maybe ask in the Ask DST thread (or wait for box art to show up)?

Am I the only one who actually likes this Venom. the more I look the better he does.

I am with you, IO enjoy the look of this Venom...the bulked up body looks sweet....not so sure of the unmasked look...Brock is supposed to be blonde I thought....

and does anyone have a scan or pic of that full page previews add?? I am dying to see it but wont be near a comic shop for awhile yet

Jeff of the Miniacs

:( can someone please put a scan of the knew previes oh and im not sure but what was the estimated dates for wave 22-25?

its the best i can do from the office

post-976-1218037173_thumb.jpg

edit: unmasked tarantula looks kinda like a mad, drunk Tony Stark!!

Edited by winkerbean

thanks for the scan, winkerbean... I like the look of the Parker hair on Cosmic Spidey. Looks like the closest they've come to the comic and I've been waiting for something better for the old Unmasked Spidey mate...

Brock and the Tarantula dude both look insane, with the giant maniacal grins...

• 2 weeks later...
Firstly... wave 23. WTF Why is Rhodey the chase?? Stark. Should be the chase, the T.S. version of the armor only appeared in one issue!

As for the spidey wave, urgh.. just when I thought DST were getting their groove on they pull this...

Ok, good news first. Shocker, Kraven and Tarantula. 3 new villains in one wave yay!!!

Bad news...yet another Venom and "back in black spidey". So much for never releasing another black comic book spidey DST. Making the chase Tarantula (an original/unreleased so far character) and giving us yet another venom as a regular release...why DST why???

The other thing that worries me is "Additional pieces will also be included for transforming Transformation Venom into Eddie Brock and each Spider-Man into Peter Parker." - My spider sense say's we'll see a wave of big chest spideys with PP shirts underneath and those funky Iron spidey type masks... It worked with IronMan but spidey's costume is supposed to be sleek and slinky.

*Edit* after 30 seconds of rational thought my hopes are that it could be basic Spidey's and chunky add-ons for Parker... it would work better that way around if you ask me.

I guess we'll see at SDCC but I have a bad feeling about this wave.

T.

Well I just got them and I love the wave 24 set. I love captain universe and shocker :D , I'll tell you were to get them for cheap Statuetoys.com for $14.00. :blink:

Well I just got them and I love the wave 24 set. I love captain universe and shocker :D , I'll tell you were to get them for cheap Statuetoys.com for $14.00. :blink:

You got the whole set for 14.00 bucks or you preordered it for that price? And how can that place afford to sell an entire series for that much including the variant?? :blink:

Something else isn't right either....they have Star Trek series 4 including the variant for 77.09, that's 19.27 per two pack!!

Am I reading this right people?

Edited by Fo Shizzle

You got the whole set for 14.00 bucks or you preordered it for that price? And how can that place afford to sell an entire series for that much including the variant?? :blink:

A better question would be how he managed to get wave 24 before wave 21, 22, or 23 came out. I smell a troll.

Yeah, I just found the link myself. Considering they're selling the whole case for $75 something tells me that $13 won't net you much in the way of the entire collection. It doesn't help that the listing is basically a copy of the press release for the product.

I'd stick with a more well known e-tailer myself.

I think a lot of people are concerned about a relatively obscure website selling a set of 8 figures for less than the usual price for 4. If it works out for you, then count yourself lucky, but I have my doubts that you'll be getting what you think you'll be getting.

Haven't been around for awhile.

I hate that Rhodey and Tarantula are the chase figures. That blows goats.

I hate that we get another Venom over Lizard, Electro, Vulture or Scorpion. I'd even take Grizzly over another Venom. Sure, the Eddie Brock head and transformation chest piece are neat looking... but enough is enough.

I'm okay with another black Spidey since so many people need to get one.