UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

waves 23& 24

bilbofett

I'm just happy to see this line in the announcment:

"With fans clamoring for more characters and plans ramping up to continue the Minimate line well into the future, be sure to stick around for more updates as the summer convention season begins!"

After 20+ waves things just keep going well (take that, DC Minimates).

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess they shut me up about Iron Man... ;)

I accept that, to get the Spidey villains we want, we'll have to sit through a few more Spideys. They're not going to release a wave of Spidey villains without him. It sure makes that Spidey box set (with only one new baddie, and Hydro-Man at that), seem more like a huge wasted opportunity. But, whatever, you had me at Shocker.

I can't believe they didn't make Gambit and/or Deadpool. . .

They're saving them for the all-Wolverine wave that's after the all-Spidey wave. Gambit, Deadpool and Jubilee, all packaged with a Wolverine variant like Age of Apocalypse Wolverine, House of M Wolverine, and All-Night Rave Wolverine (with glow sticks).

They're saving them for the all-Wolverine wave that's after the all-Spidey wave. Gambit, Deadpool and Jubilee, all packaged with a Wolverine variant like Age of Apocalypse Wolverine, House of M Wolverine, and All-Night Rave Wolverine (with glow sticks).

Thye should make his claws glowsticks! :lol:

p.s. Hey Jattapake, What do the back of Chuck's teeth look like? I'm surprised even you would climb that far up his arse! ;)

Haha! Chuck asked me what I would like to see in Wave 25, and I said ... more Wolverine! I told him that we still needed Battle Damaged versions of every Wolverine suit. I told him to save money on tooling and just re-use the Zombie stuff.

And because no X-Men wave is complete without Cyclops, he's going to throw in a couple more re-issues of him as well. :P

I'm actually more excited about Wave 24 than I am about Wave 23. Cloak, Dagger and the Rhodes War Machine are the only ones I'm interested in from 23. Since I'm new to collecting Minimates, and don't have any Spidey Universe mates, I'll take all of 24 :) .

I love Venom so that news to me is good. PLus it's not just a regular Venom, it's transformation Venom that can be turned into Eddie Brock. That gets a thumbs up from me.

Cosmic Spidey is a different enough costume to justify it in my mind. I can't wait to see Shocker and Kraven mates. I don't know much about Tarantula though. I think this wave will be pretty awesome. :D

it would be a nice change, but alas it states"Additional pieces will also be included for transforming Transformation Venom into Eddie Brock" so no

aw crud, missed that. shame they chose to do this instead of the unmaskable Green Goblin for now. hope it'll at least use the designs [or at least the colors] from the new cartoon.

with all these spidey variants, i wonder if we'll ever get

spiderchairpostermay22vr9.th.jpg

i would buy ten.

Edited by lastmaximal

Another random thought -

Die-hard Minimate collectors (like myself) may not be excited about more Spider-Man Minimates, Spidey is a pretty popular character for kids, and sells a lot of toys and merchandise. So a Spider-Man Minimate wave could be an easy sell to a toy store like Toys 'R Us (aren't they supposed to start carrying Minimates again soon?).

If another Spider-Man wave is what it takes to get Minimates back in retail stores, then bring them on.

So which Tarantula do you think we are actually getting? I would assume the classic one but they just introduced a female version not too long ago. And if its the male version, ya think he'll have a repainted Iron Fist mask?

...but you'll need to buy two "Rave Wolvies" to get the classic Sabretooth variant! :P

Another random thought -

Die-hard Minimate collectors (like myself) may not be excited about more Spider-Man Minimates, Spidey is a pretty popular character for kids, and sells a lot of toys and merchandise. So a Spider-Man Minimate wave could be an easy sell to a toy store like Toys 'R Us (aren't they supposed to start carrying Minimates again soon?).

If another Spider-Man wave is what it takes to get Minimates back in retail stores, then bring them on.

I was thinking the same thing. Wave 24 sounds a lot like an assortment that Hasbro would out, especially compared to the obscure characters in wave 23.

All new Minimates are welcome, especially Marvel . Most everything I would have said has been said but the inclusion of the mooted Black Spidey bodes ill . Of course all Minimate collectors should have the opportunity of obtaining 'earlier releases' without taking out a mortgage but if this is a carbon-copy of the original then what is the point of having variants ?

"There speaks a man who has one " I hear you cry..... yet despite it's supposed rarity it is surely one of the easiest variants to make as a custom &.....as customs go..... it has got to be the easiest to make from the multitude of cheap Venoms I see that sell cheaply on ebay. I don't need to elaborate just use your head. ;)

OK so you don't want a DIY version ,you want the real thing. I understand that but if this new Black Spidey is produced looking exactly the same as the original we will be spiralling downwards with the brakes off.

I look forward to a new Black Spider-man ,one that surpasses the old Black Spidey not a cheap clone of the old one ......a GREY Spider-Man.

anyone know where the pic of Transformation Venom from the proposed Target wave is? i cant seem to find it.

and not the Movie version.

I don't think I ever saw pictures of that mate. He was listed as part of the Target wave as you said but the only picture I could find was this one, which has been seen many times.

It took me the longest time to finally get a Symbiote Spidey, but I don't necessarily begrudge DST releasing another one. I am glad that a number of collectors who otherwise wouldn't have one will be able to get a comic Spidey in the symbiote outfit. Though I'm sure that some others would disagree with this, I also don't care about the "collectibility" factor. By that I mean that the rareness and coolness of the original Spidey would be diluted by the release of another, similar 'Mate. For me personally, I don't care about that.

However, what I do care about is that I want variety and diversity amongst my Minimates. So, since they are doing this, I just hope that it is pretty significantly different from the black Spidey that came before. Based on what they have done with other, recent Spideys, I have little reason to think that this won't be the case.

I'm certain it won't be a straight re-release. Given the direction Minimates have been going in terms of more tampo detail, the new black spidey is sure to have more muscle definition and probably a blue or gray detail color as well as the white. It will functionally be a different figure.

I just hope it doesn't have a slip-on mask...

My Thoughts:

Wave 23- I think Spymaster,War Machine,and Jim Rhodes are the ones I want to get out of this wave.

Like others have said before, Why did DST make Jim Rhodes a limited chase figure!?

Hopefully it wont be too hard for me to find.

The rest of this wave doesn't interest me as much,though Nova and Dagger look pretty cool.

Wave 24- I think I'll try to get all these if I can since they sound like they could be cool,I'll have to see pics to be for sure.

Spider-Man & Shocker- Well,it looks like I won't have to make a custom of Shocker...what a SHOCKER!Yay!

Spider-Man?What kind of Spider-Man?

Cosmic Spider-Man & Transformation Venom-Sounds cool to me.

As for Transformation Venom though, I think that he might have a slip-over mask and big chest when Vemon.

“Back in Black” Spider-Man & Kraven-I hope the “Back in Black” Spider-Man looks somewhat like the one from the 5 pack.Kraven could be cool,who knows.

Tarantula-One more villian I won't have to make.

All and all they sound like these will be pretty cool! :)

BTW When are these suposed to come out?