UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

waves 23& 24

bilbofett

DST has a photo of wave 23. Rhodey is the variant. Also they announced the line-up for wave 24-

Spiderman & Shocker

Cosmic SM & Transformation Venom

"Back in Black" SM & Kraven w/ Tarantula the variant

no pics yet, but they said there will be extra pieces to make extra mates(i.e. the Avengers and Iron Man sets) can't wait for the pics :lol:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly... wave 23. WTF Why is Rhodey the chase?? Stark. Should be the chase, the T.S. version of the armor only appeared in one issue!

As for the spidey wave, urgh.. just when I thought DST were getting their groove on they pull this...

Ok, good news first. Shocker, Kraven and Tarantula. 3 new villains in one wave yay!!!

Bad news...yet another Venom and "back in black spidey". So much for never releasing another black comic book spidey DST. Making the chase Tarantula (an original/unreleased so far character) and giving us yet another venom as a regular release...why DST why???

The other thing that worries me is "Additional pieces will also be included for transforming Transformation Venom into Eddie Brock and each Spider-Man into Peter Parker." - My spider sense say's we'll see a wave of big chest spideys with PP shirts underneath and those funky Iron spidey type masks... It worked with IronMan but spidey's costume is supposed to be sleek and slinky.

*Edit* after 30 seconds of rational thought my hopes are that it could be basic Spidey's and chunky add-ons for Parker... it would work better that way around if you ask me.

I guess we'll see at SDCC but I have a bad feeling about this wave.

T.

Firstly... wave 23. WTF Why is Rhodey the chase?? Stark. Should be the chase, the T.S. version of the armor only appeared in one issue!

As for the spidey wave, urgh.. just when I thought DST were getting their groove on they pull this...

Ok, good news first. Shocker, Kraven and Tarantula. 3 new villains in one wave yay!!!

Bad news...yet another Venom and "back in black spidey". So much for never releasing another black comic book spidey DST. Making the chase Tarantula (an original/unreleased so far character) and giving us yet another venom as a regular release...why DST why???

The other thing that worries me is "Additional pieces will also be included for transforming Transformation Venom into Eddie Brock and each Spider-Man into Peter Parker." - My spider sense say's we'll see a wave of big chest spideys with PP shirts underneath and those funky Iron spidey type masks... It worked with IronMan but spidey's costume is supposed to be sleek and slinky.

*Edit* after 30 seconds of rational thought my hopes are that it could be basic Spidey's and chunky add-ons for Parker... it would work better that way around if you ask me.

I guess we'll see at SDCC but I have a bad feeling about this wave.

T.

I hate to say it, but I can deal with more spideys if it gets me a shocker, kraven and trantula... 3 villians I have wanted for a while. (oh man finally a shocker minimate!!!)

I am just so happy more minimates are being made :)

Well the argument that Iron Man was getting too much attention can finally be put to rest because here comes 3 more Spidey's! BLEH!

DST should seriously just call the line Spiderman & Friends Minimates!

Edited by ARE-JAY

I would have liked Electro instead of Shocker, but hey, new villains is better than no villains.

T, I'm a little worried about the slip on Spidey masks, as well. I guess that's a way to get around the prohibition on ever re-releasing the chase black costume Spidey. I just hate how big it makes Iron Spidey's head look.

It's like an orange on a toothpick! It's a virtual planetoid!

Another Venom instead of Lizard, or Vulture, or even Scorpion? I guess DST is hedging their bets by including him as a more popular bad guy, but that sucks for those of us who want more different Spidey villains. I just hope that these new Spideys have something to distinguish them from those that came before.

I agree with TBT! about the variants, but. . .I would be buying the variants anyway, so no big deal.

I still could do without the quickly-placed-on-clearance wave of obscure-o 'Mates in wave 23. From them to an all-Spidey wave. Talk about extremes.

Edited by karamazov80

Rhodes as the variant is strange, but I plan on ordering the whole wave so no big deal. Three new Spider-man minimates and a Venom seems like overkill, but like murderofcrows said, if it gets us 3 new villains it's tolerable. Plus, a new black costume Spider-man puts to bed one of my biggest complaints about the whole line, so I'm happy overall.

100% Agree

I still could do without the quickly-placed-on-clearance wave of obscure-o 'Mates in wave 23. From them to an all-Spidey wave. Talk about extremes.

100% Agree. I'd be happy with a wave somewhere in the middle, like the two recent Marvel waves.

As for the All Spider-Man wave, I'll wait and hold my final judgement until I see pictures. But Kraven & Shocker make me happy, Cosmic Spider-Man is actually a variant I want, the Venom and Spider-Man feel like a waste, and I'm only a touch annoyed that Shocker is coming before Electro or Vulture.

But I'm most annoyed that they're making Tarantula a variant. A unique obscure villain and they're making him hard to find. Bah.

(Random Thought: The following two-packs just popped into my head - Electro and Insulated Suit Spider-Man, and Vulture and Web-Wing Spider-Man.)

(Even More Random Thought: I'm glad that it's not a Shocker and Anti-Vibrator Spider-Man two-pack)

Edited by boyd

Glad to see the 3 new Spidey villains :D , but not glad about yet another Venom or 2 Spideys <_< . An all villain wave would have been a hit with the fans. Electro and Lizard would have been perfect candidates.

I have to disagree with everyone ... I fully support the new Black Suit Spider-Man and Venom. Why?

The rarity of the black suit spidey has been an issue with me since the beginning. Yes I have one. But a lot of new collectors don't have a chance of getting him (because they are unwilling to pay so much $$). I agree with DST showing some love to the new collectors out there.

For those of us old-timers, DST is giving us comic versions of Eddie Brock and Peter Parker. Would we ever have a hope of getting these any other way? Very cool way to get Venom out for new collectors and satisfy us old-timers as well.

I don't mind all the Spider-Men when they come with Villians like this wave and I expect it to continue well into the future. I can never have enough Spideys!

Thanks DST!

Sigh, I'll be happy to finally get a black suit spidey and a shocker, I know some people will like the Kraven, Cosmic Spidey and Tarantula but I could care less. And I think everyone agrees the rest of the wave is crap. And I am equally pissed about Rhodey being a variant in wave 23. Hopefully I'll be able to find the thing.

With this, the Hulk movie wave, and the lack of Union Jack with the Invaders, it feels like DST is trying to take back all the good will they earned with waves 19-23, and all the great boxsets.

When on earth are we going to get a regular Black Panther?

:woot:

I have to disagree with everyone ... I fully support the new Black Suit Spider-Man and Venom. Why?

The rarity of the black suit spidey has been an issue with me since the beginning. Yes I have one. But a lot of new collectors don't have a chance of getting him (because they are unwilling to pay so much $$). I agree with DST showing some love to the new collectors out there.

Thanks DST!

Woooo Hoooo!!!!! I don't have to pay 40 bucks for a black suited Spidey!!

:woot::woot::woot:

Thay did mention a while back that they woukld be eventually re-releasing some of the older versions of rarer characters as long as they weren't variants or something like that, so I guess we are starting to see that now.

Woooo Hoooo!!!!! I don't have to pay 40 bucks for a black suited Spidey!!

:woot::woot::woot:

Thay did mention a while back that they woukld be eventually re-releasing some of the older versions of rarer characters as long as they weren't variants or something like that, so I guess we are starting to see that now.

Even though the character in question was a variant...

I know the figure will be different from the one originally released but it's the fact they said one thing and are now going back on that.

T.

p.s. Hey Jattapake, What do the back of Chuck's teeth look like? I'm surprised even you would climb that far up his arse! ;)

you know one way to look at it is this.

Us old timers will keep buying the lines, but how do they get new people? by giving them familiar faces

black spidey and venom included.

I for one understand the move. Spiderman gets the newbies and shocker and kraven for the old farts!!!!

you know one way to look at it is this.

Us old timers will keep buying the lines, but how do they get new people? by giving them familiar faces

black spidey and venom included.

I for one understand the move. Spiderman gets the newbies and shocker and kraven for the old farts!!!!

I am with you on this point. I also view the return of a comic based non-battle damaged black suit spidey as a bonus as I can have a spare to put in my minimate bowl to play with - tough to do that with the first one.

I am quite pleased with the line-up...the chase seems off but oh well. Kinda pumped for the Venom as transformation venom was originally supossed to be part of the 'target' wave that never happened. Cosmic spidey was one I was planning to custom but now wont have to worry about. I am hoping though that maybe we will get a new webline, or grabline piece with these spideys...the return of Iron Mans blaster hand gives me hope for some more spidey web pieces. In the end, more minimates the better!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I’m being cautiously optimistic about this Brand New Classic Spidey Wave. Just the thought of more Spideys makes me jumping up and down like a little kid saying “Spider-Man” nonstop.

I was beginning to think that the extra parts would be limited to the boxed sets but I guess they are using it to bring new life into the regular line. I don’t think I care much for the transformation to civilian characters if they use a slip-on full-mask for the costumed look since probably only a handful of characters can pull it off. Maybe pull a Chameleon/JJJ and make the mask the regular head and the civilian face the slip-on mask? Nah. Just give another head? Hmmm… I’d vote for this but probably won’t ever happen again. The last head DST gave was Venom with tongue, if I am not mistaken. We’ll see how it looks. Surprise me, DST!

Hurrah, more Spiderman (and Venom)...5 fig.s I could care less about in order to obtain 3 that I want (Shocker, Kraven, Tarantula). Oh well, there certainly shouldn't be a shortage of Black Spidey after this (especially since 2 will be required to get both Kraven and Tarantula...lame)! And, if we're all being "the cup is half-full", then I guess at least DST is finally giving us one villan per pack (which IMHO is how it should have been from day-one with only a few occasional hero/hero when appropriate or neccessary). It just irks me a bit to think of how many Spidey variants I will need to acquire before I finally have an Electro, Scorpion, Lizard, Vulture, or that great canned Target Green Goblin (unless they have some sort swanky boxset planned to cover these; though I sincerely doubt it ). All-in-all, another bitter-sweet (3/8ths thrilled) wave for me personally. I thought that we had moved beyond all this after the Avengers goodness (and sweet boxsets), but it seems like "one step forward, two steps back". *sigh*

*Oh, and the "Rhodey as the variant" thing for 23 is just plain stupid (or unscrupulously brilliant). Either way...I (as a collector) don't appreciate it much.