UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Teams That Would Fit Perfectly In The Current Boxsets

AFMcGill

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know these'd be rehashes of previously-released figures, but the format creates excellent opportunities to do updates.

Classic Avengers set;

- Iron Man Model 1 gold ver.

- Silver Age Thor

- Silver Age Hulk

- Ant-Man/Giant-Man

- Wasp

Original X-Men set;

- Cyclops

- Marvel Girl

- Beast

- Iceman

- Angel

- Professor X

New Avengers set;

- Captain America

- Iron Man Model 25

- Spider-Man

- Spider-Woman

- Luke Cage

- Wolverine

Not very original picks, I'm aware, but it's what I came up with XD

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Sadly, we have scaled back to more affordable five-packs, sometimes with a microfigure (or goblin glider). But great ideas! Any New Avengers set would need to include Echo/Ronin.

How about an entire set of microfigures of Power Pack?

and I will buy any Avengers set with Echo in it.

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Sadly, we have scaled back to more affordable five-packs, sometimes with a microfigure (or goblin glider). But great ideas! Any New Avengers set would need to include Echo/Ronin.

Echo, comic Miss Marvel (who has only been made in animation), Red She-Hulk, Jack of Hearts, Jocasta are all Avengers we really need!

On 4/8/2024 at 5:02 PM, DSTZach said:

In that case, I would have it include;

- Iron Man Model 25

- 2000s Luke Cage (we haven't gotten that look since the original Luke Cage from 2006)

- Ronin

- A new Sentry (we haven't gotten one since 2009)

- A brand new classic Spider-Woman (last one was the 2006 variant of the original one we got in 2005).

Cap, Spidey, and Wolverine can be substituted with any number of their previously-released comic book variations (I'd say for Logan specifically, it'd have to be the MvC3 one) for a full display of the original New Avengers.

On 4/8/2024 at 10:30 PM, Navaan said:

Echo, comic Miss Marvel (who has only been made in animation), Red She-Hulk, Jack of Hearts, Jocasta are all Avengers we really need!

Swordsman & Mantis would like a word.

On 4/9/2024 at 1:30 PM, Navaan said:

Miss Marvel (who has only been made in animation)

Woh! That blows my mind a little bit. She's EVERYWHERE the last few years. I'm surprised thay've only made her in animated form. 

12 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

The Thunderbolts Luke had a good New Avengers alternate look.

Ah, shit. Yeah, you're right. I forgot about that one. XD

Then... maybe a battle-damaged Matt Murdock? Based on how he looked during the first half of the Breakout! story in New Avengers #1-3.

Prolly wouldn't be an exciting look, but my only other idea for the fifth slot is a new Astonishing X-Men Wolverine. But nobody really wants another Wolverine in the endless sea that exists for him in this line as it is.

1 hour ago, TheMinimateKing30 said:

a new Astonishing X-Men Wolverine. But nobody really wants another Wolverine in the endless sea that exists for him in this line as it is.

I would welcome a definitive Wolverine in this costume. I don't feel like it's been done total justice yet. 

Plus, it would free up a slot in an Astonishing X-Men release for Colossus, completing the team. 

12 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

They can wait until Crystal is finished.

I don't imagine I would be the only one disappointed if when we finally get Crystal she's in a white costume wearing a bomber jacket. 

Regards a new Astonishing X-Men Wolverine, I, for one, would be up for that . I was almost sure that we had had one other than the Wave 13 antique * ...a trawl of the MMDB ( hail Ivan) & I'll put forward W2 Marvel v Capcom Wolverine . Lose the shoulder 'things' & we're nearly there** but that shouldn't mean we couldn't have another ? The M v Capcom line gave us (me?) some lovely versions of Marvel characters ....shame about the Capcoms IMHO.

* It's worth looking at that version again, I just have, what on earth is going on with that belt ?  

** too many Minimates fail by being 'nearly there ' , the FA Wolverine (TRU 22) would be typical .....slip on mask with no moulded ears . Unforgivable . 

17 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I get confused ....Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel ?  

I assumed they meant Kamala Khan. She appears to be getting almost Deadpool levels of saturation at times, so I'm genuinely surprised she's never been given a Minimate outside of the animated line. 

The Kamala Khan character is amongst many recent Marvel characters that have generally passed beneath my radar, I was aware of her existence mainly because of the original news-hype around her ethnicity .  My knowledge of her was limited but I have now brought myself a bit more up to speed. 

That said I was well-aware of the Walgreen Minimate ( packed with Kang only our second Kang !! ) .

Minimate 'hands' are a necessary evil , I accept that, but her big hideous minimate 'hand' is, IMHO, ludicrous . WTF ?

"Here's tonite's guest heroine , Ms. Marvel , let's give her a big hand "

-bighandsmate

Edited by buttheadsmate
sp.

See what you wanna do is combine the Marvels, as the film suggests, to create Hard Light Kamala. Mix the Walgreens Ms. Marvel with arms and legs from Walgreens Captain Marvel (packed with Red Hulk) and add an unmasked face. Tory from Battlestar works. 

On 4/11/2024 at 9:09 AM, NerdyTrev said:

I would welcome a definitive Wolverine in this costume. I don't feel like it's been done total justice yet. 

Plus, it would free up a slot in an Astonishing X-Men release for Colossus, completing the team. 

I don't imagine I would be the only one disappointed if when we finally get Crystal she's in a white costume wearing a bomber jacket. 

At this point I’d take a Crystal head packed into an FF pack. How a member of the Avengers, FF, Inhumans, and married into the X-men has never had a figure is actually obscene. 

On 4/11/2024 at 9:09 AM, NerdyTrev said:

While I can agree that the Astonishing suit hasn't been done the best justice in the world of Minimates as of yet... do we REALLY need yet ANOTHER Wolverine clogging up a potential new character slot?

Like I said; battle-damaged civilian Matt Murdock wouldn't be the MOST visually dynamic figure in the world... but it would at least be unique.

IDK. This is one of the drawbacks of permanently retiring the Waves of two-packs in favor of box sets. You have to be MUCH more conservative picking and choosing who gets released and who doesn't in a given series.

If the Waves were still going about as before, we could have a whole-ass New Avengers one and have an army builder packaged with Wolverine and battle-damaged Matt Murdock as the chase figure or something.

Well, I think we could do some stories to fill out some slots. I’ve heard people don’t like army builders in the boxsets but as someone who buys multiple box sets it’s never bothered me. I bought several of wave 2 MMPR to display the cast changes but I wish we had a for for them like a Puddy. Imagine a uniform set of Hellions Vs New Mutants (in the new X costume) packed with the accessories to make more. The 5th figure could be a Genosian Solider or a Friends of Humanity Person or a Zero Tolerance Sentinel. 

I’d love them to finish off teams as well. Greg Cap’s Feral, Moonstar, Warpath, Sunspot and Stryfe would be a great 5 pack.

The solution to army builders in boxsets is a boxset of exclusively army builders.

Like a S.H.I.E.L.D. themed boxset: with a SHIELD Agent (M and F chest piece), a HYDRA Soldier, an AIM Soldier, a Watchdogs Soldier and an ULTIMATUM Soldier. Or a space boxset with a Kree soldier (pink and blue heads), a Skrull soldier, a shi'ar soldier (M and F chest piece?), a badoon soldier and so on. There there's a bunch of uniforms that allow for this. 2000s era Guardians, a variety of X-Men, Fantastic Four. Sure, some require specific pieces (Star-Lord for example has a unique chest block) whereas others are actually simple add-ons or removals (a hula skirt on top of a female GOTG body for Mantis). Some off the road ones like Bug, Deathcry and Captain Universe could be squeezed into a GOTG boxset like that through alternate pieces for the base GOTG uniform body.

Eh, i hate this thread i started. They changed the format and so all the great suggestions of Thunderbolts, New Warriors, Inhumans... all these 6 figure sets... basically something that felt extremely likely due to fitting the 6-figure format, something like the New Warriors, is now like we're being explicitly told we are probably never going to get them because we're only getting 5 figures.