UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 20

MiniMage

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some of the characters on Web Warriors are drastically different from their comic or movie counterparts. For example, both Rhino and Vulture are human/animal hybrids. The animated versions look like they'd be more at home in the Battle Beasts line.

But while Doc Ock and Scorpion (Season 1) look very different from previous incarnations, Kraven and Electro (Season 1) would look right at home with other lines. Sandman reminds me of Clayface but Venom is Venom.

That reminds me; I wonder which season they'll be basing the looks on.

I can't imagine ANY update to this figure, if it were to indeed happen, would disappoint anybody.

fig0047flg.jpg

...Except maybe the people who are happy with the 2004 version, and would rather have a new character.

SF8MzIP.gif

Ok, if you give me 2099 in 20 and MK, Carol, the Illuminati and Bondage-Men in 21/64/65, you'll be the best toy company EVER!

Do NOT do an image search for Bondage-Men

So, uh, curiosity got the better of me. Well, at least it was less graphic than Dogtooth or Salo (do not, I repeat, DO NOT search for "Salo or 120 days of sodom")....

In other, less disgusting news, who's excited for a new 2099 mate (it's probably coming, right?)? I sure as hell am! Though, 2099 appeared in 3d and not 2d animation, so I'm wondering how they're going to tackle him (if they indeed do make him).

There's also the contingent of us that both didn't like the 2004 version and DON'T want a new version. wink.png

Isn't there some story about about why we got that figure ? I'm sure I read somewhere that it was introduced as a replacement for another figure ??

-vagueheadsmate

Story was it was supposed to be Thanos but he was too hard to get ready in time. So they took something they could make super fast and super easy. The answer was that Spider-Man since it was just red on blue.

Thanos became an exclusive later.

There's also the contingent of us that both didn't like the 2004 version and DON'T want a new version. wink.png

Isn't there some story about about why we got that figure ? I'm sure I read somewhere that it was introduced as a replacement for another figure ??

-vagueheadsmate

Story was it was supposed to be Thanos but he was too hard to get ready in time. So they took something they could make super fast and super easy. The answer was that Spider-Man since it was just red on blue.

Thanos became an exclusive later.

thumbsup.gif

My guess/hope:

Spidey/Doc Ock

Iron Spidey/Goblin

Luke Cage/Stan the Janitor

I cannot think of any suit Spidey has had in the series (last 4 episodes not included) that is truly unique to the show - other than the Iron Spidey look with the arms.

Aunt May is probably the most prominent civilian in the show. Harry and MJ are close, too. Norman is a possibility too. I would assume civilian does not refer to an Agent of SHIELD.

Nova is probably the easiest supporting hero to make. White Tiger is a long shot, IMO.

To me, it's like the TMNT 'mates. The Turtles look fine next to other 'mates, because there's no other character that is like them, they're supposed to be unique. But April O'Neil next to other 'mates looks like a cartoon, and if that's how these turn out I'm not sure what I can use them for.

Good point about April. :(

Hopefully Iron Spidey will have the arms I can add to comic Iron Spidey.

Can't believe he never came with them originally.

It's like having Doc Oc without tentacles.

I'll still reserve judgement until I see them, might be too cool to pass up on.

I'm all for new properties or different branches of Marvel, such as cartoon and movie, just wish it didn't come at a cost of a comic wave.

I just think it may present an issue with now 3 versions of the same property vying for attention. And out of those, 1 of them is a total niche...

I wouldn't say comics are a niche, but they're definitely less popular than the movies and cartoons.

Edited by DSTZach