UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 62 is coming.....

Nessex

Man, I was hoping the 2-1 was going to be A-poc, with Evan parts, but a new red skull will be nice since I only have zombie version.

Re-use of Magiks flame sword confirmed!!!

Official Pairings

Falcap Vs. RedOnslaught

Superior IRon Man Vs. Apocalypse (intentional typo)

Carnage Vs. Hobgoblin

Sabertooth Vs. Kluh

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really really like the Hobgoblin update. Gotta have that guy, and the Apocalypse also looks to be a huge improvement of the now antiquated existing one. Everyone else here I can and will do without.

I have queries:

- Will Hobgoblin come with a glider? Seems like DST has been reluctant to add that accessory since Marvel finally allowed them to do so.

- Another Carnage? So soon after Luke's awesome exclusive?

- Will FalCap's goggles be clear?

- Why is Wolverine blonde?

- Is there a way to sneak the Apple logo onto Arctic Camo Iron Man?

- Isn't Kluh a character in Tron: Legacy? If so, this Minimate looks nothing like Jeff Bridges, who played Obadiah Stane in Iron Man, not the Abomination in The Incredible Hulk. (Wait... I get it. Never mind.)

I have queries:

- Will Hobgoblin come with a glider? Seems like DST has been reluctant to add that accessory since Marvel finally allowed them to do so.

- Another Carnage? So soon after Luke's awesome exclusive?

- Will FalCap's goggles be clear?

- Why is Wolverine blonde?

- Is there a way to sneak the Apple logo onto Arctic Camo Iron Man?

- Isn't Kluh a character in Tron: Legacy? If so, this Minimate looks nothing like Jeff Bridges, who played Obadiah Stane in Iron Man, not the Abomination in The Incredible Hulk. (Wait... I get it. Never mind.)

post-9944-0-41597200-1421851491_thumb.jp

Red Skull has a full "Uncanny Avengers"-style outfit underneath, with coat and Cosmic Cube.

Hobgoblin has T-shirt chest block, unmasked head and glider.

Iron Man has an alternate open mask. No apple logo, I'm sure.

Cap has an unmasked hairpiece.

Carnage has a partially un-symbioted Cletus head.

I'm sure Apocalypse's hoses will be flexible, but we're still in the prototype stage. I don't have a sample or anything.

62 looks great, despite the lack of new characters. Hobby and Apocalypse are standouts, and Falcap looks perfect!

What are the robot looking details on Carnage's legs? I really like the creepy face tampo.

And there is no complimentary TRU wave. TRU waves from here on out will not be complimentary, outside of Avengers.

Interesting to hear, does this also mean no more character overlap?

Is that the Kingsley Hobgoblin? I haven't read Axis yet.

These all look great, if we're going to get redos, I'm glad most of these are distinctive enough it's not just for repeat's sake.

Now that we have a new Apocalypse, that's another name off the Wave 50 poll. Are there any more in the works?

Red Skull has a full "Uncanny Avengers"-style outfit underneath, with coat and Cosmic Cube.

Hobgoblin has T-shirt chest block, unmasked head and glider.

Was already excited about Falcap, Hobgoblin & Apoc, but now I'm glad to get that Red Skull as well!

Anyone who's read the comics and such care to fill me in on what the deal is with a Hobgoblin T-shirt chest? I assume he wears a T-shirt at some point? Is it this Got a problem shirt I see a few pictures of after a google search?

a powerhouse chest (every Sabretooth got one)

Nope.

fig0016flg.jpg

fig0719flg.jpg

fig0711flg.jpg

(Hail Ivan.)

Yeah, I remembered that later but hey, one was back when we didn't get many sculpted pieces, one was the movie version and the last was supposed to be slimer. Pretty much all Sabes figs after got a chest piece and rightfully so, Creed is a buff dude. I'll probably get one from my parts bin and repaint it, the colour scheme is quity easy to match.

And there is no complimentary TRU wave. TRU waves from here on out will not be complimentary, outside of Avengers.

Not to derail the conversation, but this is a big piece of news itself. Does this mean TRU waves will be their own comic wave, or just movie waves when they feel like carrying them?

As for these mates, I havent read axis but holy shit these are beautiful. I love the old hobgoblin but this is the one Ive been wanting to see (and see turned into demogoblin), Apocalypse is great, that carnage is crazy unexpected good, and everything just looks great.

Alright so I have just enough time before work to post some thoughts:

Ironman: the standout in my opinion, the slimmer design translates very well here and the colors work better here than in most of the comics featuring the suit, hope we get his hair exposed helmet as well as his new glowing eyes

Cap Falcon: truly superb figure as well, the new wing sculpt is great, new goggles look great, all around fantastic

Kluh: ehhh...bad character from bad writing but the mate looks cool

Carnage: honestly I have 3 of Luke's Carnage and they are still my favorite, though it's cool to see his robot legs included

Hob goblin: I was lucky enough to own the original but this new one looks superior in every way, can't wait to see the alternate Kingsley look

Red Onslaught: more excited for the alternate look and another cosmic cube

Sabrerooth: I actually think dst hit the nail on the head with this design, I'm not even a fan of the character or him being the new wolverine, but this mate looks great!

Apocalypse: this is the one I want the most, I sacrificed my original to a failed Avalanche custom and never got the aoa version so my xmen need a apocalypse and this one looks to be the new definite version!

Another great wave Dst! Loving the new 8 figure system, will we still see army builders in the comics line or is this the new status quo?