UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accidental emphasis, my shift key stuck. But silhouettes WOULD probably tell you all four items, no problem.

Although I don't think anybody said the exclusives would be of a new, unannounced license. All four are known licenses.

"Our SDCC set will have three key updates, and one character we've made in a look we've never done before." - from Zach at thefwoosh.

I'm still going with a Days of Future Past comic set.

Updated versions of:

- DOFP Wolverine

- White costume Mystique

- Storm or Kitty Pride

- Blob

Edited by fwoosheyman

That'd be badass. Whenever I hear "key update" I immediately think of Cockrum Cyclops. I can't think of a character's specific look that is in more need of an update. Another update could be Thunderbird (and his parts could easily be repurposed for Warpath to go along with all the X-Force minimates). Some other Cockrum contenders for the look never done- Wolverine in Fang costume, Kitty Pryde in X-Uniform, Sunfire in his regular look.

I'd like to see these GSXM: Cyclops (update), Storm (update), Thunderbird (update), Sunfire (new look).

Edited by Turtle

I believe that's precisely the same recipe I used for mine, HP! The problem isn't lacking great Cyclops figures. It's lacking a great version of the single most important Cyclops outfit he ever wore.

Eh, I don't find that outfit particularly appealing visually despite its historical importance, but if they can package it with some interesting characters I'm ok with it.

That era of X-Men looks would be good companions to some Brotherhood members though....

Has anybody thought of how Pyro would be done from a design perspective?

He's got those thin flamethrower cables running from his backpack to his wrists. They seem like they would be too thin and brittle to pull off on a Minimate scale. I'm trying to think of similar situations, Apocalypse has the cables on his back and MArk I War Machine had a small cable on his arm.

Apocalypse's cables were made of a hard plastic which solved the breakage issue, however it limited his articulation greatly. You could remove them if you wanted to move the arms, but that's kind of cheating. I wouldn't want to see Pyro done this way.

The War Machine figure had an extremely thin cable just like Pyro's would be, however it only ran from his shoulder to his wrist. it does seem very fragile and I do not move it very much for fear it will break. I really don't think they can pull off Pyro this way, the cables are way too long.

The only thing I can think of is if the gauntlets and backpack/wires are all molded in the same piece out of a softer plastic, however I'm not sure if that's ever been done before. Even if we don't get Pyro in the near future, we're probably going to see Apocalypse again sooner rather than later so this design problem will need to be tackled. Curious, have any customizers tackled this? Thoughts?