UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inferno would warrant The Goblin Queen at least, and X-Cutioner's Song would demand Stryfe. X-Tinction Agenda should have Cameron Hodge and what would be the sense of Days of Future Past without the Brotherhood? So I'd say we can rule all of those out. Similarly, I feel a Dark Phoenix Saga without at least one of the Starjammers or Sh'iar would be a wasted opportunity. So... what does that leave us?

The NEW Fantastic Four? Spiderman, Wolverine, Hulk, and Ghost Rider?

By "cool," I meant I liked it. There will be four characters/Minimates in the Marvel set. Classic storyline. Specific versions of existing characters.

Marvel Monsters. (Okay, not a "classic storyline" but still a cool set for Halloween maybe.)

TWD will have four MM/characters, as well. All variants of existing characters.

Zombified main characters.

One retailer will have a non-Marvel two-pack to be announced. Variants of characters who will eventually be available elsewhere.

View Askew.

Two giveaways, neither exclusive to an event, one at a different booth. Translucent variants of characters who will be available elsewhere.

Predator.

You know, I may have discounted a Days of Future past box set too quickly.

Blob and Mystique HAVE both been made before, so new looks for them wouldn't be a problem. Then of course Wolverine and Kate Pryde to round out the set. But we HAVE DoFP Wolverine, so maybe Sentinel-blasted Wolverine?

I myself hope it's not a DoFP set. I never liked boot-less Blob (i want one, just not the bare feet version), an either young or old Kitty doesn't interest me at all and i've got enough civvie looking Wolvies. The only one that i'd buy from a set like that would be Mystique so i'd prefer something else.

Back in November 2013, Zach said there wouldn't be 'mates based on the classic story DOFP but that there would be plenty of comic-based X-Men for 2014. That was a while ago and things change but it's something.

Heck yeah! X-Men i like but, DoFP designs, not so much. I'd love a Messiah War set (Domino or Stryfe, Cable, Bishop, Apocalypse) but Cable and Domino will be in the upcoming X-Force set so they're out. Stryfe is a new character and we've got mates of all other major characters. Past year's Uncanny X-Force would be cool, since we could get a new costume Storm, Bishop, Female Fantomex and either Puck or Psylocke.

Based on Zach's intel, we're getting one of the following:

-Marvel Monsters

-Walking Dead zombie versions of human cast

-View Askew two-pack

-Predator

I'm torn, of those I'm hoping it's the Predator license and that Walking Dead idea would be really cool. Why do we have to choose?!

Zach confirmed a View Askew 2 pack back on the second page of this thread.

So that eliminates Marvel Monsters, Zombie WD cast, and Predator.

I'm guessing:

- DOFP Comic 4 pack

- Walking Dead (Fear the Hunters 4 pack)

- View Askew two pack

- Translucent Alien Xenomorph

Zach confirmed a View Askew 2 pack back on the second page of this thread.

So that eliminates Marvel Monsters, Zombie WD cast, and Predator.

I'm guessing:

- DOFP Comic 4 pack

- Walking Dead (Fear the Hunters 4 pack)

- View Askew two pack

- Translucent Alien Xenomorph

Zach did say that they wouldn't be making any DoFP comic product so we still have a slot open.

In nov 2013. Things change and I'm guessing they don't have SDCC sets planned out at that time. I'm sticking w my guess.

Even then, who could they put in? They are supposed to be characters that we've gotten before so most of the brotherhood is ruled out. Mystique, old Logan, old Kitty and maybe young Kitty wouldn't be an exciting box set. Besides, we almost never get comic version of film characters in the same year. Case in point GotG and Spider-Man 2.

Besides, we almost never get comic version of film characters in the same year. Case in point GotG and Spider-Man 2.

Pretty sure we had a comic Iron Man wave when IM2 came out, a comic Cap/Thor wave when those two came out, a comic Avengers wave when that came out, a comic Wolverine SDCC set when that one came out last year...

Besides, we almost never get comic version of film characters in the same year. Case in point GotG and Spider-Man 2.

Pretty sure we had a comic Iron Man wave when IM2 came out, a comic Cap/Thor wave when those two came out, a comic Avengers wave when that came out, a comic Wolverine SDCC set when that one came out last year...

I meant the comic equilavent of the story they are adapting. The IM2 comic wave was compromised of mostly random characters from the IM mythos. The Avengers series (44) and box sets were also characters from another story and some randoms. When TASM hit we got the Jean Dewolfe wave, which had nothing to do with the story in TASM. In 2011 we got a shared Cap/Thor wave which didn't feature any characters from the movies of said year. In 2013 we got no coming Thor mates (from what I can recall). This year we aren't getting any comic Guardians. When The Wolverine hit, we got a Wolverine saga box set, again, without any connection to the movie (maybe Kimono Wolvie could be considered as a nod to the story).

So, what I meant was that we will probably get an X-Men box set, just not a DoFP set.

I guess, if that's what you meant. A lot of those movies weren't really adaptations of specific comic stories though anyway. And the Avengers comic wave did have Cap/Thor/Hulk/IM in stores alongside movie Cap/Thor/Hulk/IM. And the Thor Stormbreaker set had comic Sif and Loki. And if we go way back, the Wolverine-branded comic wave that came out with X-Men Origins did have Deadpool in it. I don't think we'll get DOFP, but I don't think it's impossible or anything.

I guess, if that's what you meant. A lot of those movies weren't really adaptations of specific comic stories though anyway. And the Avengers comic wave did have Cap/Thor/Hulk/IM in stores alongside movie Cap/Thor/Hulk/IM. And the Thor Stormbreaker set had comic Sif and Loki. And if we go way back, the Wolverine-branded comic wave that came out with X-Men Origins did have Deadpool in it. I don't think we'll get DOFP, but I don't think it's impossible or anything.

I guess you're right. I just don't think that having the exact same characters from the exact same storyline released two times a few months apart is a good idea.

Mister PL is one for four!

My guesses:

Walking Dead boxset with Black & White re-releases of TRU 1 Glenn, TRU 1 Shane, Wave 1 Sheriff Rick, Wave 2 Michonne

Days of Future Past boxset with Future Wolverine, Mystique, Kate Pryde, Sentinel

View Askew color Clerks Dante & Randall

DST Promo: Translucent Alien

Popcap Promo: Translucent Plants vs Zombies character