UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

Given the recent TRU movie offerings, I think 4 new characters at TRU may be high. It may be 2 new, with maybe some paint variants. If we get 8 characters in the main wave, as we are with the other movie offerings this year, we would likely see a total of 10 characters for this film.

My guesses:

LCS:

Transforming Hulk/Hulkbuster Iron Man (MK XXIII? underneath)

Ultron Drone/Captain America

Strucker/Hawkeye

Wanda/Pietro (1 per case)

TRU:

Battle Damaged Hulk/LCS Iron Man

Ultron Drone (alternate paint/armor)/LCS Cap

Thor/Ultron

I really hope we get a suppliment (or two) for this movie!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The army dump could be awesome for a film like this - it'd potentially free up 'Army Builder' spaces for more characters. Or Vice-versa: some characters that don't get us much screen time could be dropped into the army dump. eg:

4 x Ultron drones

4 x BD Ultron Drones

1 x Bruce Banner

1 x War Machine

1 x Von Strucker

1 x Iron Man variant Armour (because let's face it - there will probably need to be one. LOL)

It sounds like Ultron has multiple looks in the film. And I imagine they're all fairly toyetic, just like the many Iron Man armors

I can't see how they would skip any out of:

Iron Man Mark something (regular armor)

Iron Man Hulkbuster

Captain America

Hulk

Thor

Black Widow

Hawkeye

Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch

Vision

Ultron(s)

Ultron Drone(s)

So many potential mates...

• 1 month later...

If the Designs we saw is official, then I'm Happy. Vision might be missing the collar but seeing a cape on the character makes me giddy. Now if we can get Thor to keep his helmet on, just for a little bit.

Put Hawkeye in a mask and fangasm all over.

I nominate both of you to work on costume design at Marvel Studios. Let me call my buddy Feige and get this set up.

Yeah, but the difference is hers was a mask designed to conceal her identity seeing as she's a thief, and the "ears" were just eyepieces raised up. Hawkeye has no reason to conceal his identity, and his traditional mask would actually have a negative effect on his senses. I'm not opposed to it if they can figure out a way to do it, but nothing really springs to mind.

Cap doesn't need to conceal his identity, but wears a mask. . .one that covers his ears and so presumably also effects his ability to hear. I'm of the thought that you don't have to justify every little thing for it to work on-screen, and I think there is plenty of evidence to support this (hard to justify Superman wearing a cape, or Spider-Man looking like Spider-Man if something has to meet a "real world utility" litmus test, though you can justify just about anything as "this character is meant to inspire and symbolize X, Y, and Z, in which case just about anything is on the table).

It's not always about concealing one's identity. Cap's a symbol of inspiration. Batman uses fear. Hawkeye's mask could enhance his senses technologically. And if it happens to resemble the mask from the comic, all the better.

Well that's what I am saying. You can always justify something on some grounds. "Fear," "inspiration," "symbolism," "psychological motivations," etc. Truth is, they weren't initially chosen for those reasons in the vast majority of cases, and the moviegoing audience in general doesn't ask hard questions about it, so no biggie if they just choose something because it looks cool. If we can accept that superheroes are fighting aliens, robots, and monsters, I think we can go the next step and accept that they just want to look fabulous while doing it.