Thor

Scarlet Witch

Quicksilver

Ultron

War Machine?

Vision?

Strucker?

Hulkbuster IM?

Seems like quite a few characters to cover one combo specialty/TRU wave. But I guess that's somewhat of a good problem.

There were 10 characters (if you consider the Chitauri General a character) and an army builder in the Avengers waves so if they followed the same pattern it would be tough to fit everything in. Maybe if there were less crossover between TRU and specialty, but that means someone is missing out on major characters and I doubt that would go over well. Maybe they should throw a boxset in the plan just to be safe?

Another thing is I can't imagine them not releasing a "standard" armor Iron Man, and we know that Hulkbuster will be in the movie too, so that's another slot

Perhaps they can manage to make it a two-in-one just for character space sake.

If we go by the IM3 model, there are 12 possible slots.

My guess would be:

Specialty:

Iron Man & Ultron

Cap & Thor

Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver

War Machine & Vision

TRU:

Iron Man & Ultron

Cap & Thor

Hawkeye & Black Widow

Hulkbuster & Hulk

That would really just leave Strucker and the Ultron Drones. Maybe an army dump?

Wait, do we even know if there will be Drones in this movie? Whedon said it's Age of Ultron in name only.

Iron Man i'd say they could double-up like with Phoenix Buster. Or just drop the reverse colored Mk 42 altogether. But doubling-up seems more likely. We probably don't need a Hulk, either. I can't imagine he'll be that different since it's still Ruffalo.

I think Glantern is pretty close, but i'd go with:

LCS:

Hulkbuster/Ultron

Cap/Strucker

Hawkeye/Black Widow

Thor/Bruce Banner?

TRU:

Hulkbuster/Ultron

Cap/Alternate Thor

Wanda/Pietro

War Machine/Vision

Going by the running theme for Thor movies, he seems to change his costume quite a bit, so i imagine we could see two looks again. And we know DST isn't a stranger to swapping line-ups in TRU waves. I suppose Banner could also be a double-up, but i think we'll only see that with Hulkbuster, and not getting Banner at all would be a shame.

We also don't know how Rhodey and Vision will even appear, but better to be safe than sorry. But Wanda and Pietro will very likely be TRU.

The concept art for Quicksilver shows him running through a group of what appears to be robots, so we don't know for sure there are Ultron drones but it seems like a possibility.

I don't see DST dropping any of the main characters from these assortments. Their goal isn't primarily to please the hardcore fans (though they do a pretty good job with that), it's to get TRU and specialty stores to buy them in the first place. Even though selling retailers on Avengers product ought to be fairly easy I think it's far more likely that someone like Strucker would be left out than Hulk or a second Iron Man armor.

I could see both Iron Men being rolled into one if necessary, but I can't see them doing an assortment without a proper Hulk, especially if the Hulkbuster armor is in the movie. A cool solution would be doing him like the best of Hulk, with pieces for Banner, that way even us die-hards get something new. Also, two Thors seems less likely than two Iron Men, as Thor seems to not do so great at retail. Yeah, Wanda and Pietro as TRU exclusives probably makes more sense than LCS, since it looks like they'll have a decently sized role.

Edited by Glantern

So, Vision is Jarvis evolved, right?

But what if... what if that's an over simplification. What if Upton is Jarvis evolved, and vision is Ultron redeemed? Follow me...

Wanting to help more people (like maybe in Washington with the Helicarriers falling out of the sky) Tony makes the classic mistake of telling an AI to protect humanity. Jarvis eventually decides the best means to this is total control, you know... like Hydra wants. So now Tony's armors - under Jarvis's control - go rogue. Eventually, "Jarvis" builds himself a new body in the form of Ultron. Eventually, trying to reboot Jarvis or rationalize with one of the drones, our heroes create a third personality - Vision.

Upton? Stupid Swype

I'll want Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Utron, Strucker, and Hulkbuster for sure, so hopefully we can them all without one getting bumped by one of the original 6 avengers.

I'd be down for a SDCC Winter Soldier bonus scene boxset featuring SW, QS, Strucker and whomever, It would be a nice preview set for Avengers 2! smile.png

Edited by Zylek