UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Minimates

youbastards

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we'd gotten past the whole "Goblin without a glider" era. That's disappointing.

Heh, you triggered an odd memory. One of the first Goblin 'mates I had was Hobgoblin, and he had no glider to speak of. I was pretty chill back in '06 and just built him a really rad oversized one ala the old Spidey cartoon toyline out of Lego, and rolled with it. Now I've got gliders seemingly in surplus (I have Thunderbolts Norman, a newer GG, and uh, well tbh I have no idea where the other one came from...Menace maybe? I remember getting rid of Menace pretty quickly just because of how turrbl the story she comes from is, so, seems plausible)

I thought we'd gotten past the whole "Goblin without a glider" era. That's disappointing.

Heh, you triggered an odd memory. One of the first Goblin 'mates I had was Hobgoblin, and he had no glider to speak of. I was pretty chill back in '06 and just built him a really rad oversized one ala the old Spidey cartoon toyline out of Lego, and rolled with it. Now I've got gliders seemingly in surplus (I have Thunderbolts Norman, a newer GG, and uh, well tbh I have no idea where the other one came from...Menace maybe? I remember getting rid of Menace pretty quickly just because of how turrbl the story she comes from is, so, seems plausible)

Menace was actually the first minimate to have a Goblin Glider. Very possible that sold a few packs on its own.

Thunderbolts Norman didn't come with a glider did he?

He might not have. I bought it loose (but with accessories) so it's possible I either ended up with one from the purchase or just had one to spare lying around, so I definitely display him on one.

technically i think Spiderman 3 New Goblin was the first one with a "glider" but ya, I have two menance and two of the classic GG gliders currently

oh man, I remember that thing would never stay stuck on James Franco's frickin' foot. I think it was just a flaw with the one I had, because it worked okay enough for other figures.

Whether or not it was intentional on DST's part, it was a very smart move.

I didn't know who menace was. I'm still not entirely sure, atually. Yet i bought multiple of the pack so that i could give my other Goblins gliders.

Thunderbolts Norman didn't come with a glider did he?

He might not have. I bought it loose (but with accessories) so it's possible I either ended up with one from the purchase or just had one to spare lying around, so I definitely display him on one.

>technically i think Spiderman 3 New Goblin was the first one with a "glider" but ya, I have two menance and two of the classic GG gliders currently

oh man, I remember that thing would never stay stuck on James Franco's frickin' foot. I think it was just a flaw with the one I had, because it worked okay enough for other figures.

Not just yours. Mine didn't go on the New Goblin's foot at all. I think it was just a design flaw in Goblin's boot.

But yeah I don't count it as a glider since, yaknow, nobody could actually stand on it.

The Menace Glider, minus the Goblin face, makes a great HAMMER glider for Dark Avengers Daken and Hawkeye.

Nessex - Menace is the sister of Carlie Cooper (Spidey friend, police officer, ex-Peter gf, and now "Monster" in GG's goblin army). She was also Harry's girlfriend and had a baby that was mutated by Goblin serum or something in utero. It may have been Norman's.

• 2 weeks later...

...via The Hollywood Reporter---Webb added that Giamatti's character -- a role he won before the script
had even been written, after Webb heard the actor saying he'd always
wanted to play Rhino on Conan O'Brien's talk show -- is only "in the movie for four minutes."

Wondering if DST knew this was the case?

...via The Hollywood Reporter---Webb added that Giamatti's character -- a role he won before the script had even been written, after Webb heard the actor saying he'd always wanted to play Rhino on Conan O'Brien's talk show -- is only "in the movie for four minutes."

I said back in the Raimi years that I'd love to see villains that can't really hold an entire movie all by themselves (like Rhino) featured in a pre-credits action scene a la 007 films. That news put a big grin on my face.

I don't know why they haven't been doing this for years. It's basically the James Bond formula, where the opening scene kind of functions on its own as a standalone short film that also works as part of the movie. They should have been doing this all along.

Pretty sure those are early production samples. Don't know that the web will be changing.

TRU will have both Spidey sets, although their Electro and Goblin will be slightly different. There will be a third TRU set, which will have ASM1 Spidey and Max Dillon. No Rhino figure, for various reasons. No glider for Goblin.

What is the reason for ASM1 Spidey?