UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to pass on this wave. I'm not a huge fan of minimate waves based on movies. The only one I have really liked so far is the Captain America: Winter Soldier wave. I thought that wave was fantastic. Now if this wave incuded Warpath, Blink, Quicksilver and Bishop I would have been all over it. Unfortunately we are just getting more of the same old X-men movieverse minimates.

Very pleased with these Movie Mates. Picked up both these and the other New Xmen sets today. Old Magneto and Old Xavier I believe is the best pack and Storm is the best individual minimate; she also comes with an extra head and dark blue lightning. I wish they made more sets.

The Quality is Xcellent! Don't pass on these minimates. Make customs of the other characters. I already have done a Movie Bishop and Warpath. Movie Iceman and Kitty seem easy to make also.

Unfortunately we are just getting more of the same old X-men movieverse minimates.

Not really. If we'd made another Colossus or Beast, I'd say you had a point, but we have never made movie Mystique, modern Prof. X or modern Magneto. Rogue was all but made, and she got cut from the movie; I believe it was Fox who said cut the figure, so we did.

Out of all of Series 14, Storm was in most dire need of an update, so when Fox suggested her, we agreed. Past Magneto and Xavier are technically re-dos, but they're as different-looking as you can get, and Xavier's chair and Magneto's new suit are worth the price of admission. And if you thought we wouldn't make Wolverine, well...

Edited by DSTZach

I skipped the First Class set (though I might have to get them now) and the other X-Men 'mates so getting some of the main characters in this set really worked out well for me. Would I have liked to see more of the future X-Men? Yeah, they have some cool designs. But as my only mutant movie themed set this hit all the right spots for me.

Cool that these are out in time for the DVD release. I'm still debating which I'll pick up. Mags/Mystique pack for sure, and maybe 70s Wolvie/Prof. X, but not sure I'll get the future ones. I don't care for Singer's drab combat suit designs in any of these films.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah i was a bit put out by character selection but I would like to see a couple of boxsets at some point of all the main movie x-men suited up. Mind you what we did end up with seems very well done, my only minor nit pick would be it would have been nice to get a future magneto helmet.

Yeah i was a bit put out by character selection but I would like to see a couple of boxsets at some point of all the main movie x-men suited up. Mind you what we did end up with seems very well done, my only minor nit pick would be it would have been nice to get a future magneto helmet.

Does he wear one? There's always the black First Class Helmet...

fig1214f2lg.jpg

Hail Ivan.

There's plenty of good advice on painting around here, too. Get the right coat and dive in!

I customize 4" scale G.I.Joes so I'm good on painting. I just haven't taken the plunge into painting Minimates yet. Since I play with them more than I do my Joes I like to keep them factory painted to prevent chipping etc. I'm also afraid once I take the plunge into full on customizing Minimates I won't be able to stop. I think I can control myself and limit it to just this one piece but...