Power Rangers Minimates

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/11/2023 at 3:13 PM, DSTZach said:

I am not sure of the status of our MMPR license overall, let alone for Minimates. I am still waiting for the Vinimates 2-pack to ship. (It will, there are just some factory issues.) 

Godzilla, we're moving forward with new Gallery Dioramas and busts, but I do believe MM are dead extinct. 

So, saw on facebook the vinimates are cancelled.  Did I read correctly?  

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Where did you read that? They are not canceled, we had to change the price due to unexpected high manufacturing costs, and resolicit. Then there was an inexplicable delay. They should arrive this fall. 

Glad i was wrong!!   Just checked though and the fella that said it (no names) corrected himself.   Whew!!

• 1 month later...

i hate that i'm not a power rangers guy b/c these sets have been awesome and the vinimates look like a great addition.

i'm envious of what power rangers fans are getting with these sets.

has the question been answered though as to why there weren't any bad guys made for this line?

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Not sure if orders on Series 1 and 2 were high enough to warrant all of the new tooling that would have been needed for a Series 3. 100% new, bulky parts, no re-use, unless we just made a box of Putties. 

A box of Putties would have been nice but there is another minimal new tooling option as well. The Mutant Rangers would have been able to use the pieces from the existing Rangers with the slight tweak of making their boots & gloves all gray instead of white with the diamonds. Only new tooling needed would be the monster that led them since the puttt meant to become the Mutant Red Ranger didn't make the team but if one were to forego that 100% show accuracy, then the last could just be a Mutant Red Ranger to flesh out the count. Only downside is it might not have been a big draw due to essentially being re-colors of existing figures.

While I want more Ranger mates; I'm happy we got the whole team of core Rangers (grew up with MMPR so to me they are THE TEAM. No discredit towards later lineups) before the possible end of the line. 

Edited by HellfireSamurai

11 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Not sure if orders on Series 1 and 2 were high enough to warrant all of the new tooling that would have been needed for a Series 3. 100% new, bulky parts, no re-use, unless we just made a box of Putties. 

Does that mean the line is dead?