UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Now! and the new FF

Jeff

Looks like Marvel's pegged a new Fantastic Four team under the creative talent of Mike Allred.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/08/09/fantastic-four-ff-marvel-now-matt-fraction-michael-allred-mark-bagley/

I'm already feeling these will show up as minimates in the near/potentially SDCC exclusive/fan wave-if-they-do-that-again-but-I-wonder-since-no-one-seemed-too-happy-with-the-winners picked future.

Why does Ant-Man look like Orion? Love the costumes though. Would make for a colorful set of mates. I'd buy......even if the comic turns out to be a stinker. I doubt it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of that FF and would love to see them in Minimate form. I know Mystery Man will be pleased with this news.

You betcha! I think you're the only one from FB that knows any of my connection will Allred, so yeah. This is going to be THE BEE'S KNEES.

The new Fantastic Four will also be great, I'm feeling. I cannot wait for these titles to start.

Love Mike Allred. Sorta kinda dig those "FF" designs, but wouldn't have much use for the black and white Fantastic Four getups.

Well past time for an Inhumans box set, though. Black Bolt and his puppy are oh, so lonely :(

I'd rather finish off the other FF set with Doom and powered-down Sue than start a new black & white uniformed team.

The Allred team could make for interesting mates, but they're no X-Statix or anything. And I really hope these books will be from the Fraction that writes Iron Man, not the one who wrote Fear Itself -- after Hickman's run my expectations for those titles is pretty (probably too) high...

You guys want these? Ok...

I feel like I could make my own Miss-Thing just by popping a Jewell head on a Thing body, and I'd rather have Medusa in her Inhumans garb before this. And I'm pretty sure we already have the Fantastic Four in white, the tiny aesthetic changes don't really justify a whole new set in my mind. I'd rather have a non-invisible Sue and White Dr. Doom personally if we revisit these looks.

Kind of annoying that they change up the Future Foundation comics after we got Minimates and Marvel Universe figures that are now out of date, isn't it? That's why I *HATE* when they make toys out of new costumes.

Hope the Fracton/Allred book is good. Personally, these would be rather far down my list of Allred-based 'mates, well behind X-Statix and Madman.

Kind of annoying that they change up the Future Foundation comics after we got Minimates and Marvel Universe figures that are now out of date, isn't it? That's why I *HATE* when they make toys out of new costumes.

They'd actually already changed them a bit back when Johnny returned, but not being "up to date" doesn't really bother me at all with mates, I mean many of the alt-costumes released are already years/decades out of date when we get them. I'd still love a Commander Rogers or FF Doom, even if they are so totally last year :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

They'll get made. I'm convinced that's why Marvel does so many costume changes- not to pull in new readers but to sell toys....and when the 'house of ideas' goes bone dry, there's always ninja astronaut spider-man and his underwater playset.

Hmmm...now there's a minimate custom I'd like to see.

Edited by Jeff