UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Now! and the new FF

Jeff

Don't forget the Stonehenge Armor.

"Goddammit Rhodes, why would you only make it six inches tall?!?"

I laughed outloud when I saw this post, then read back through the thread and have to admit I'm not that excited about those armors, the current slinky black armor Rhodey is wearing is much nicer 'stealth' look IMO.

T.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't always like what Marvel does by any means, but there are still good books here and there, but I have had no use for anything X-Men related for years. It just sounds stupid, and if the concept alone turns you off, there's little chance for the execution to sway you. As luck would have it, the execution is usually worse so I can skip right over it.

Which Ant-Man is this, Pym, Lang,

Didn't he recently return from the dead?

or Eric O'Grady?

Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Puck, Spiral, Storm

Oh, f*ck you, Marvel. This is such bull. Storm hates X-force, Psylocke was preparing to leave, and Puck and Spiral are so irrelevant. I don't have any idea what they think they're doing with all of this.

Er, is Puck even a Mutant? Granted, there have been non-mutants on X-Force (Deadpool), but even so...

Puck might possibly have made some iota of sense in the OTHER x-force reboot, as he has a bit of a connection to Domino.

Marvel is trying it's best to spread it's characters around in unusual ways to cross-pollinate the audiences.

'There are people who buy X-Men but don't buy Avengers? I know - lets put Rouge & Havoc into the Avengers and call it "Uncanny" . . . that ought to trick some of those x-snobs into picking up an avengers book!' :rolleyes:

616 NC was still dead & AoA NC was still in his own universe when I stopped reading monthlies (and refused to keep reading Uncanny X-Force even in trades). So, yeah, I did forget about him.

I want Kyle/Yost/Crain/Choi/Oback's X-Force back. Team/writing/art. I couldn't get 4 issues into Remender's pastel-colored bullsh**.

Give me Wolvie/Warpath/X-23/Wolfsbane/Archangel/Elixir/Domino/Vanisher. Keep Psylocke, lose the Deadpools (Wade & Fantomex).

Keep them a hit-team on the ground, going after threats to mutants - Purifiers, Leper Queen, etc. No space missions against child-Apocalypse & his monster Horsemen.

It was such a phenomenally great idea, yet fizzled so fast. <_<

616 NC was still dead & AoA NC was still in his own universe when I stopped reading monthlies (and refused to keep reading Uncanny X-Force even in trades). So, yeah, I did forget about him.

I want Kyle/Yost/Crain/Choi/Oback's X-Force back. Team/writing/art. I couldn't get 4 issues into Remender's pastel-colored bullsh**.

Give me Wolvie/Warpath/X-23/Wolfsbane/Archangel/Elixir/Domino/Vanisher. Keep Psylocke, lose the Deadpools (Wade & Fantomex).

Keep them a hit-team on the ground, going after threats to mutants - Purifiers, Leper Queen, etc. No space missions against child-Apocalypse & his monster Horsemen.

It was such a phenomenally great idea, yet fizzled so fast. <_<

Most of that won't be an issue:

Deadpool has been shuffled into Rulk's Thunderbolts, and Fantomex died recently.

I must say, i actually loved the funky pastel-coloring, the space mission, and all the weirdness. More than the totally obvious "we're all monsters and totally ferocious and extreme" atmosphere the previous book gave. Felt like it really matched what the book was trying to accomplish. Was a really impressive, bizarre read. It will be a real shame to see it go.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• 4 weeks later...

im totally up for Young Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, the new Deadpool series, Superior Spiderman, and continuing Wolverine and the X-men...im not going to let a name change turn me off, since i love the new 52

• 6 months later...

I got issue 5 (or 6?) hoping Coipel would be taking over full time on the art, that alone would make me continue this series, other than that...this has been just crazy and it feels like now they are just reusing ideas from Bendis's run

Undeadpool, Acuna is on Uncanny Avengers. Coipel is on X-Men. UA has been pretty iffy. I can't really complain because I've been reading digitally using a friend's codes, but i'ts probably one of the weaker now titles. Not Remender's best work.

I will be avoiding NOW! like the plague, but as a huge Scott Pilgrim fan, this cover is too awesome not to pass up!

Look at naive young me. I am loving Marvel NOW!

• 3 weeks later...

Aren't the All New X-Men the same as the First Appearrance X-Men 'mates? Not trying to be a jerk, I haven't read the comic yet.

Essentially, yes.

But they are getting new costumes during the 50th Anniversary, so eventually a wave based on that would be nice.

Im still hoping for:

1. Wolverine and the X-men

2. Hawkeye

3. More Superior Spiderman cast

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. more Avengers cast (as in Avengers, not Uncanny or New)

I'd like some mates based on New Avengers, so I could get a new Black Panther, Namor (With Phoenix Variant) and a new Beast.