UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Now! and the new FF

Jeff

Captain Mrs. Miracle looks alright. I'd like to see modern updates of Beast and Kitty Pryde at some point. I guess a spiky Iceman would be called for. (Wouldn't it be cool if the All New X-Men were actually all new?) Allred's FF look fun to me, and I think that would be a great con/store exclusive set. And I won't lie: I would absolutely buy a Spidey-glider. That just looks fun.

Edited by Turtle

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Marvel is such an amazing book. I wish they'd ditch McGuinness, but it's one of the best books Marvel's put out in years; a good time to be a Carol fan. So happy we aren't gonna lose it already.

I just want to know whether Scott or Emma is gonna die by the end of AvX. Supposedly one of them won't make it past the next issue, and i almost hope it's Scott. As BIG a Scott fanboy as i am, he needs a serious reboot. I'm not sure if NOW! Cyclops is the same as First Appearance Cyclops, like Jean above, but i really want Emma to stick around. IT would be a shame to just swap her for Jean. (This coming a guy who boasts Jean being his favorite comic character no less...)

I want to see 'mates we haven't seen before. Slightly different helmet Thor is almost as pointless as having your ass on your elbow. The all new X-Men are completely the same, unless slightly spikier Ice-Man is really setting someone's world on fire. I wouldn't mind Frankencastle because it's actually something new, but these new costumes aren't even interesting new costumes like Big Time Spider-Man or Hulkbuster Iron Man, these are just the same costumes with a tweak so slight it makes me think the artist sneezed while drawing and decided to leave it in.

Haha that's fine, but this kid TTF just loosly throws out information that I feel is important to the story without any warning. At least have the decency to say SPOILER.

Oh yeah! Bat-zombie-vampire Wolverine! That is SO EXTREEEEEEEME! To the max!

:rolleyes:

Even if it's another Wolverine retread, I like the idea of a "Monster Avengers". It gets me one step closer to my dream Avengers line-up starring Godzilla.

The Secret Avengers have kinda been like the Exiles lately, so im guessing thats continuing with an alternate world or a team of avengers cobbled together from famous timelines Wolverine being from that what if the x-men became vampires, cap wolf being...cap wolf....franken punisher being from that god awful time in Franks life...er after life, and thor....no clue.

Yeah but dude you've also said how the phoenix five came to be, and how members of the five lost their phoenix powers. Saying Namor lost his powers before Cyclops is info I don't need to know, or how phoenix buster iron man is in one issue. It isn't what he just said here its what he'd said all over, then he tried to tell me it's my fault for reading the toys r us fan poll thread, that I should of known better. If I see minimates of characters I know but have no idea why there wearing what they are it makes me want to read the comics to see why. I don't want to read AvX (I've heard it's not very good) because I feel like I already know what's going to happen.

As explained by PM, but for some reason you need it reiterated: i was NOT the first to say what purpose Phoenix Buster served, nor was i the first to say things about Namor (all i originally said was "i guess we know why he wasn't an option."), and i just reread that thread to make sure that was fact. So, no, you're putting false blame on me, and yes, you should NOT go into a thread like that and not expect to be spoiled. So please, let's get past this.

ANYWAYYYYY...What is it with Captain America having awful costumes lately? Both his current Ultimate and Marvel NOW! costumes are some of the worst designs i've seen. For a while he was going really good; Classic, Bucky, Commander, and Ultimate were all fairly iconic designs (i may be stretching a bit with Commander but it's certainly fan-loved) and now we have this weird flat-edge football pads and this awful mix of combat, practicality, and "superhero." It's a shame.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• 2 weeks later...