UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

Order... IN! wasn't going to miss these guys, now, when is NYCC?

Second. I previously emailed Luke about combining it with an existing order but after reading some of the other replies and fearing I could miss them I though I'd place the order any way :P.

And cheers for the "clear coat" point. I will be sure to buy some for when it arrives encase mine to suffer from this issue.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Studio shots of 1st set (you'll notice that Lion-O is having the same problem)

Mumm-ra's crotch piece is backwards, too. Easy fix but if it's common then it's just another QC issue for DST to address. I'd much rather have a part I can easily fix than a tampo that rubs off during foreplay. We're not talking rough sex here, we're talking about a few pictures for the internet. Snarf.

I'm still waiting on my set, but been reading about the logos rubbing off? Are there a lot of issues with the Thundercats set? Anyway I have been away from the internet for quite a bit this summer, so I am just getting back into the internet thing, hope all has been well around here. I'm extremely excited about this new series, I'm just a bit scared of the quality of the mates.

PS just picked up the Platoon boxset and I am really happy with the buy! ( Been looking for the set for a good while )

According to the display cards, only series 2 (Mumm-Ra's henchmen) will be available at NYCC. Series 3 will be available first quarter of 2013. I wonder where series 3 will debut? When is C2E2 again? Oh... and can one of you Thundercats aficionados tell me the name of the buzzard looking henchman?

I am curious to why they would leave out Ma-Mutt from that series 2 set.

Maybe they are saving it for series 4 I think it makes sense being Mumm-ra the Ever Living is going to be in 4.

I would almost put money on that, there seems to be a small static character in each of the sets so far, it only makes sense hell be in wave 4

According to the display cards, only series 2 (Mumm-Ra's henchmen) will be available at NYCC. Series 3 will be available first quarter of 2013. I wonder where series 3 will debut? When is C2E2 again? Oh... and can one of you Thundercats aficionados tell me the name of the buzzard looking henchman?

I think they said at the panel that there was a possibility they'd have both for NYCC. I'm kinda hoping they don't, frankly, since I'll have enough to buy from them between the first set and the (presumed) second Alpha Flight set.

I think they said at the panel that there was a possibility they'd have both for NYCC. I'm kinda hoping they don't, frankly, since I'll have enough to buy from them between the first set and the (presumed) second Alpha Flight set.

I'm with ya on spacing the next 2 TC sets out a bit. A little ease on the wallet would be welcomed.

I'll see how it goes, but this next year will be weird for me, either way. My best friend, who lives up yonder and I went to C2e2 with this year, started dating my sister. So she's planning on going. Either they'll be engaged or married next year, and so will my best friend's buddy, so I will literally be the 5th wheel. :confused:

I wanted to post this again here. I think it fits this thread well.

That is flippin' amazing!! I was contemplating attempting to build one myself (though nothing this mechanically complicated...WOW!), however given the outrageous cost of LEGOs (unless you happened to already have them) it would most certainly cost more than the $70 statue to complete. I just wish the statue had a few moving parts (treads, cargo doors, etc.) for the price. Those of you looking for a cheap alternative may want to check your Wal-Mart clearance aisles. I picked-up a 2012 Thundertank and Tower of Omens for $10 each! While they're not "classic" in design, they work well with MMs.

Nervous, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looked to me like one of Ratar-O's robotic drone rats. Either that or one of Vultureman's mechanical henchmen. If the former, it would suggest who else we can expect in set #4.

Ratar-O was a fairly major villain on the original series, so him, MRTEL, and maybe Lynx-O and Hatchiman would round out that set nicely.

Edited by Lobsterman