UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ears? How odd...

Yup, but I think it's very necessary in this case.

I am going to assume lion-0 (and hopefully snarf) tomorrow, and I'd like to post my customs ,which I am almost done with, which were done in a collaboration with the one and only ,Ivan the Supreme! That's if you guys are into it?

Best.License.Ever!

Ears? How odd...

Yes, but still no noses.

When I say this, I want to preface it by pointing out that I have 1000+ Minimates in my collection. These are easily the best looking Minimates to date. Somehow, it's as if ThunderCats should have been Minimates all along. They perfectly capture every part of the charaters so far and I have to say I'm floored.

Yes, but still no noses.

And they smell terrible.

It's not that I'm bothered by the sculpted ears - there's been too many sculpted pieces for me to get upset about them now. It was just the first thing that jumped out at me when I looked at the picture. Well, that, and thinking about how you could reuse his wristband on a Bulldozer Minimate.

I read the comments at some thundercats sites and the comments in the panthro reveal. The general public is pretty excited,I read only one negative. Comment stating that they old figures were better than this "Lego crap". Other thundercats fans are interested in the line but they don't know what minimates are. So,maybe this brings in more customers. I'll support this line as best as I can since wb owns dc and the truth is,wb makes all the decisions now,not dc. A man can dream,right?

Goodness gracious. That is a lovely thing to behold.

The bar is set pretty high for Lion-O, and I have no doubt DST will fly right over it tomorrow.

---

Wow, 1500 likes in a little over an hour. I think that's a pretty good sign for this line, visibility-wise if nothing else.

Edited by Lobsterman

Ears? How odd...

Yes, but still no noses.

When I say this, I want to preface it by pointing out that I have 1000+ Minimates in my collection. These are easily the best looking Minimates to date. Somehow, it's as if ThunderCats should have been Minimates all along. They perfectly capture every part of the charaters so far and I have to say I'm floored.

I couldn't agree more, I've been saying this for years, and wondered why they were never done. just so colorful, great looking fantasy style costumes. just a lot of personality. Same with MOTU

This line would be great with some vehicles like the thundertank, and hopefully the first building/diorama with mini-scaled cat's lair. I am waiting to hear about whats in store for the line before ordering those two statues, which I will get (and was gonna get the cat's lair for my customs anyway) if no vehicles are planned

to me, it seems DST and AFX have brought in a ringer with this line!

Panthro looks amazing and I totally agree with undeadpool, this guy is the best so far. Very well done, DST/AA!

Ears? How odd...

That's nothing totally new. Every hair piece features ears, so why not add ears to a bald head? I know that a lot of you didn't like Chef Duff's head because of the ears, but I always like the look alot.

Yes, but still no noses.

No noses, please. <_< Having no noses is one of the last very iconic details of Minimates. We've seen a lot of changes but noses would change everything and would make every other mate look odd.

Minimate nunchaku... First Lego do it in Ninjago, and now Minimates?! Then again, it makes me want Darkstalker's Talbain even more :(

Still, first RGB then Thundercats. All we need now is TMNT (which could cover original comics, 1980's cartoon, 2003's cartoon and 2012 cartoon, with maybe the odd Usagi Yojimbo character) and it would be just like my childhood all over again.

The designs are very cool but I'm wondering if they should have been bulked up or made to look taller. Maybe boots instead of shoes and a torso extender? Like won't that new Marvel Kingpin tower over Panthro? and the Battle Beasts will be bigger compared to the T Cats right? Carry Case Alligator looks like he can whoop Panthro's ass right now.

Panthro almost looks too cute, know what I mean?

either way I love thundercats and will buy at least 2 of each. also excited to bring in more collectors to the little game we all call minimates.

Ears? How odd...

Yes, but still no noses.

Should be no surprise I agree entirely. This pairing is perfection. I will say, though, that I'm glad DST waited on this property. Much sooner and I fear it may not have lived up to its potential. Personally I believe Minimates have reached the pinnacle of what they are/should be. Maybe DST will prove me wrong and find a way to make them even better, but I think right now they're pretty near perfect. These are also, IMHO, the best damned representations of the ThunderCats ever.

Zach, and everyone, thank you!

Well, there's the rub. All signs would seem to point to this being the exclusive, but, as always, until it's officially announced, it's all speculation.

We will have whipped ourselves into quite the desperate frenzy if these are just prototypes being shown... :pinch:

I am loving Panthro. This set is shaping up to be the surprise sleeper hit of 2012. Guess we'll be getting a look-see at Lion-O tomorrow. Can't wait.

Tell me you guys aren't stoked for more TCs? I hope that this 80's property is so successful that it opens up the door for some MOTU minimates down the road. Fingers crossed.

MOTU would seriously crush the universe in a singularity of awesomeness. No hyperbole at all.

Good luck prying a license from Mattel on that one, though. I think they would sooner try to develop and launch their own brand of block figures, mismanage the line, watch it go down in flames, then blame the fans.

Edited by Lobsterman

So Zach, are there designs drawn up for the new show? Even if they aren't going to be made?

I bet if we gave you guys chocolate Minimates, you'd immediately ask for chocolate Minimates with crispies in them.

Ah, the vocal minority at it again....( Sorry Dino)

Not everyone Zach , there are many of us quiet folk who appreciate and realize how many chocolate crispies that you already put in our minimates

Hey. I wasn't asking if we were getting them. Zach said that they liked the designs. I was just wondering how much, and what exactly the license covers. This wasn't a complaint, but rather a query for information.

Dude, I was just teasin'. I know it wasn't a complaint, I just love how every new character or property mentioned gets Multiversers (not just you) thinking about what might be next, be it DC or Silverhawks or MOTU, none of which I'm going to bother addressing, because each of them is highly unlikely for different reasons. Your suggestion would have been more likely, although I imagine the series getting cancelled bodes ill for that. But I don't know anything -- this is AFX's baby, I'm just happy to be on the Thundertrain.

And I agree, this may be the most Minimate-appropriate license ever. Something about the colors and simplicity of 1980s cartoons lends itself well, and having the characters be mostly standard human shapes helps. MOTU, G.I. Joe, Bionic Six... all would make great 'Mates. But Thundercats has just enough physical variety and distinctive coloring to maximize the Minimate design's strengths. But I digress. Enjoy tomorrow...

MOTU would seriously crush the universe in a singularity of awesomeness. No hyperbole at all.

Good luck prying a license from Mattel on that one, though. I think they would sooner try to develop and launch their own brand of block figures, mismanage the line, watch it go down in flames, then blame the fans.

I actually just sent Chuck an ASKDST question about whether or not we'd ever see another deal like DC and Dr. Who, with AA serving as a design studio for another company to actually make, which is the only way I can really foresee Mattel doing MOTU 'mates (or Hasbro GI Joe, for that matter). Be interesting to see what he says.

I can't get over how excited i aim about these.I agree with this set being the sleeper of the year not just becouse its one of my dream lines comming true but like Zack said they translate perfect into minimates.Panthro is perfect :biggrin: .I can't wait for tomorrow.Has to be Lion-O and I cant wait to see how he turned out.