• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Zach – I know you've said you weren't sure what future waves would be revealed at SDCC, but can we expect to learn the winners of this poll by then? I know that's kind of leapfrogging waves 48 and 49, but it would be great to get information on the success of the poll, and find out how our internal preferences here line up (or don't) with the general voting pool.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The polls will go through mid to late June, right? With SDCC being in mid-July, I'd be kind of surprised to see the results by then. I don't even know if the control art could be done by then, and with the excitement I'm feeling for this wave, I would prefer the winner reveals to be accompanied by either control art or prototypes. YMMV

:( Probably for the best. I don't know if Marvel's servers could handle the big G.

So how are we going to find out the winners of each poll? When the final lineup is announced our tired out as well?

Not sure if we'll announce line-up before prototypes are done.

Edited by Turtle

A bit harsh Dino . I'll continue with the often tongue-in-cheek gripes but to say none of us are happy would not be true would it? I'm VERY happy that most of 'my most wanted' are at least on a list .....any list will do.

On a broader note, I detect a growth in the number of 'us' & 'we' posts on here lately . I'm very grateful for the forum that allows me to say what I am thinking but I'd rather let people know what I am thinking rather than being randomly grouped into a we or an us :down:

Good point, Rob. I redact my previous statement.

From now on I will absolutely no longer speak in absolutes. When everyone says that everyone wants something, they think it lends power to their argument, when instead it makes them stand alone and look foolish. It happened with Kang, and I just did it to myself. From now on I shall speak for myself, or in minor statements (Some of us, a few people, the minority [which is everyone on this board])

I think the Wrecking Crew are a TRU wave waiting to happen. Throw a Thing, Luke Cage, Thor and Spider-Man in with each one, four two packs, all winners.

I'm almost dreading next week, I know there's going to be so many characters I want to be made and we're likely to only get one or two. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful we get to vote on this wave, but at the same time it's frustrating because every single character in this week's wave completely deserves to get made, and the fact they weren't in DST's plans is incredibly frustrating. I hope that they see there is an audience for these characters and they move up in their plans after the polls are over.

I want to say that when Wrecking Crew has been discussed before, Chuck (I think) said that more than likely they would be spread out over a couple of waves in 2-packs. If Wrecker is in next weeks poll, that'd be a good sign of that.

I think the problem I'm seeing with this poll (and maybe overall) is that so many people are upset because certain characters haven't been made, but totally overlook the fact that 200+ characters have already been made in this line. You're not going to come close to that in any other toy line for any category of figure. Plus, if we got everything shown on the polls now, it'd make it harder for DST to spread things out over time. I'll gladly wait for any character if it means the line keeps it's longevity.

I'd prefer an updated Absorbing Man before The Wrecking Crew and I'm not even crazy about remakes. Mystique does not need a remake right away,others have pointed out you can switch in her First Class Mini's hair for a nice lil update.

I wouldn't worry about the longevity of DST, with Disney owning Marvel now, I think the company will grow even more. Don't expect Spidey and Wolvie to give up anytime soon. I'm ready for some more X-Men stuff, so to quote the original spidey movie Mary Jane Watson, "bring that shit on"

I don't like the Ketch GR. Blaze will always be the Spirit of Vengeance to me.

Except he wasn't.

The whole "Spirit of Vengeance" shtick started with Ketch as a way to differentiate his Rider from Zarathos. Zarathos was an evil demon barely held in check by Blaze originally, and much of his "heroism" was accidental or motivated of annoyance/pride. "Innocent blood", the multi-purpose chain, the Penance Stare, even the black leather jacket all started with Ketch's Ghost Rider. Zarathos even talks and acts more like "Nobel Kale"(the Ghost that possessed Danny) than himself. Or at least he did.

Now ol' Z has been almost completely submerged by his newest female host. Just goes to show a guy can start out all bad and rebellious, then he mellows a bit as he gets older, but next thing you know some woman is completely bossing him around. Sad.

Finally! The end of this thread!

I have not voted yet, but the only one I am sure about is Songbird.

The rest I want, don't get me wrong. I just can't decide!

I want to say that when Wrecking Crew has been discussed before, Chuck (I think) said that more than likely they would be spread out over a couple of waves in 2-packs. If Wrecker is in next weeks poll, that'd be a good sign of that.

I think the problem I'm seeing with this poll (and maybe overall) is that so many people are upset because certain characters haven't been made, but totally overlook the fact that 200+ characters have already been made in this line. You're not going to come close to that in any other toy line for any category of figure. Plus, if we got everything shown on the polls now, it'd make it harder for DST to spread things out over time. I'll gladly wait for any character if it means the line keeps it's longevity.

Brothers don't shake hands. Brothers gotta HUG,

While not EXACTLY appropriate, that's how your post made me feel, because I couldn't agree more. Sure, I talk about X-Factor waves and Team X box sets because some characters, I feel, stand the best chance of getting made alongside others they're relevant to. But if Zach came on here and announced that by the end of 2012, I'd get all of my most wanted, Minimates, I'd actually be bummed.

I want something to look forward to. This line is healthy enough that I'm not afraid of ever not getting a certain character. Songbird seemed unlikely, and now looks like a real possibility.

I don't like the Ketch GR. Blaze will always be the Spirit of Vengeance to me.

Except he wasn't.

The whole "Spirit of Vengeance" shtick started with Ketch as a way to differentiate his Rider from Zarathos. Zarathos was an evil demon barely held in check by Blaze originally, and much of his "heroism" was accidental or motivated of annoyance/pride. "Innocent blood", the multi-purpose chain, the Penance Stare, even the black leather jacket all started with Ketch's Ghost Rider. Zarathos even talks and acts more like "Nobel Kale"(the Ghost that possessed Danny) than himself. Or at least he did.

Now ol' Z has been almost completely submerged by his newest female host. Just goes to show a guy can start out all bad and rebellious, then he mellows a bit as he gets older, but next thing you know some woman is completely bossing him around. Sad.

Every time you remind me female Ghost Rider exists, I'll make a deal with Mephisto to wreak vengeance upon your house.

For those who think Commander Rogers wouldn't have a variant, he's got the exact same costume as the new 616 "son of Nick Fury" who looks conspicuously just like Samuel L. Jackson. The eyepatch is apparently hereditary.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&biw=1340&bih=737&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnsfd&tbnid=5h_iaJ6EDOSXFM:&imgrefurl=http://marvel.wikia.com/Nicholas_Fury,_Jr._(Earth-616)

Edited by elhonez

Checking in from vacation, where I have limited wireless access (which is actually pretty nice), but I did manage to vote of course, so...

-First off, good lineup choices. Only quibble is with Commander Rogers, because I personally only want him as a Cap variant, but Zach's made it abundantly clear that that's not how DST thinks of him, so no thanks. Am I explaining that clearly? He's acceptable as a Cap variant (IE, I don't want any other Cap variant more), but on his own there's a whole bunch of other characters I'd rather have.

-It will be very interesting to see how the non-Minimate fanbase affects this vote. I think Winter Soldier is a mortal lock, but beyond that, it's a crapshoot. Luke Cage probably has a good chance, because he's the most high-profile after Bucky. Beyond that, some of the figures that will do well with the team-lineup crowd (Songbird and Banshee) probably won't do that well with the general public. On the other hand, Banshee might get a big boost for being the only X-Man on the list.

-On a personal note, I've made customs of three of these guys (Black Knight, Gladiator, and Winter Soldier, although the last was an extremely quick custom). This is why I don't make Marvel customs that often!

- I ended up voting for Falcon and Black Knight, despite my BK custom. But he's my favorite of these guys, so I couldn't not vote for him. But I'd be happy with any of them, save Steve-O.

Sorry if this is repeating observations everyone else already made, I'm late to the party. Good job, Zach! Now bring on the Bad Guys!

-Vacation 'pop

For those who think Commander Rogers wouldn't have a variant, he's got the exact same costume as the new 616 "son of Nick Fury" who looks conspicuously just like Samuel L. Jackson. The eyepatch is apparently hereditary.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&biw=1340&bih=737&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnsfd&tbnid=5h_iaJ6EDOSXFM:&imgrefurl=http://marvel.wikia.com/Nicholas_Fury,_Jr._(Earth-616)

What in the high holy hell?

No thank you, Marvel. No thank you, DST.

this poll has sparked an excitement in me over minimates that i haven't felt in a while. i've been buying them for probably about 5 years now and at first it was fun playing catch up, and then getting excited when almost every wave featured new and exciting characters, but it's been a while since i've felt that way... which is kind of sad. i don't really collect the movie mates, and i haven't felt the need to get a new Cap, Iron Man, Spider Man, Hulk or Thor in a while... so i've actually been saving a pretty penny on mates, which isn't a terrible thing, but... pretty sure the last pack i bought was a Mr. Sinister/Nimrod set (though i did buy both Sinisters!) that said, i'm really looking forward to Wave 13 and the Outback wave, and knowing how close i am to a Banshee is just driving me bonkers! hopefully i'll also be impressed by what's revealed at sdcc!

Yeah, they also created an Agent Coulson character for the 616 apparently. "House of Ideas" babay!

Yeah, they also created an Agent Coulson character for the 616 apparently. "House of Ideas" babay!

And Mutant 143

And they made Toad Green and gave him a prehensile tongue

And they made Mystique scaley

And they dressed the X-Men in leather uniforms for a couple years

And they gave Spider-Man organic web-shooters

And I'm sure a whole bunch of other stuff I've forgotten...

Some of that stuff has since worn off... some hasn't. My point is yeah... these things happen and it isn't new. :P

he is also the principal at Spidey's school, ugh.

Shh Like Harry Potter thats the cartoon-who-shan’t-be-named, name have power etc.

Some of that stuff has since worn off... some hasn't. My point is yeah... these things happen and it isn't new. :P

Well said.

We can be thankful at least they never had 616 Otto run around with his shirt off, or Kurt get into ritual self mutilation.