• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

As mentioned earlier in this thread, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier announced - i think the figure is a lock in the very near future.

This line up surprised me a LOT. I would not have predicted the Nova Corps. Still - it's nice to have a good guy army builder again. There have been very few non-villains in the 616 universe make it as army builders (i think we've had SHIELD, Modern Multiple Man & . . . is that it? Vault Guards too) Anyway - it's not who i voted for, but it's nice to see more non-bad-guy armies are out there to be built. I'm just surprised Nova corps beat out Mandroids or Madrox.

I'm actually really happy with this line-up. I voted for Blue Rider, SongBird & Onslaught, and i was always going to be happy if Zemo got in as well. Count me amongst the excited to see this wave in toy-form. I'm especially excited about what SongBirds accessories will look like!

On a side note - It was asked at the panel whether or not DST/AA would consider doing more of these kind of fan polls if wave 50 turned out to be highly successful... and before the question had even been finished, it was shot down. LOL

Apparently Zach had to campaign pretty hard to get this to happen & it's not something we'll likely see again till Wave 100.

As for the poll, ...... was really hoping for Banshee and Mojo

As was i - but i'm quietly confident that they were two of the higher vote getters & that we'll be seeing them sometime in the next 5 or so non-movie waves.

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An in-scale bike for GR may be too big or too much plastic for a 2-pack.

Agreed, that's why I was picturing a "Through the Ages" 4-pack footprint but maybe with only two figures and the "stand." ;)

Selling the bike in two pieces across two SKUs might be a means to an end but I'd prefer it be in one piece.

I'd settle for the bike-with-legs solution if only because then it's not a vehicle; it's an alternate torso! :D

Selling the bike in two pieces across two SKUs might be a means to an end but I'd prefer it be in one piece.

I'd settle for the bike-with-legs solution if only because then it's not a vehicle; it's an alternate torso! :D

Oh I agree - I'd prefer it to be in one piece. But if the bike has to be scaled down to fit in the package or for cost reasons, then I'd prefer to have it in two pieces rather than have Ghost Rider on a pocketbike.

Tones' solution is really quite elegant - I like it a lot.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but the Kubrick Planet of the Apes horses work by just making the saddle very very thin. Everything else about the horse looks right, but to accommodate the thin Kub legs it had to be done that way. And I think it works great with Minimates.

I also like tones' idea but if that doesn't transpire I'd like to suggest an additional/separate pair of legs which would be similar in style to the original Battle Beasts concept ...bow-legged ...... like this ( ) if you get my drift ? Virtually every bike I've tried ...& I've tried a few...are too wide for the mate & a simple swap of the 2 legs which have a wider gait (would this be the right word ?) would allow Ghost Rider to sit astride the bike of your choice , it would at least give you a greater choice . I appreciate that tooling for just one Minimate to be able to ride a bike may sound excessive but it could be utilised for use on other bike- & horse-riding Minimates . Just an idea.

edit: ....I now see Sam's post about horses. :thumbsup:

Edited by buttheadsmate

As mentioned earlier in this thread, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier announced - i think the figure is a lock in the very near future.

This line up surprised me a LOT. I would not have predicted the Nova Corps. Still - it's nice to have a good guy army builder again. There have been very few non-villains in the 616 universe make it as army builders (i think we've had SHIELD, Modern Multiple Man & . . . is that it? Vault Guards too) Anyway - it's not who i voted for, but it's nice to see more non-bad-guy armies are out there to be built. I'm just surprised Nova corps beat out Mandroids or Madrox.

I'm actually really happy with this line-up. I voted for Blue Rider, SongBird & Onslaught, and i was always going to be happy if Zemo got in as well. Count me amongst the excited to see this wave in toy-form. I'm especially excited about what SongBirds accessories will look like!

On a side note - It was asked at the panel whether or not DST/AA would consider doing more of these kind of fan polls if wave 50 turned out to be highly successful... and before the question had even been finished, it was shot down. LOL

Apparently Zach had to campaign pretty hard to get this to happen & it's not something we'll likely see again till Wave 100.

As for the poll, ...... was really hoping for Banshee and Mojo

As was i - but i'm quietly confident that they were two of the higher vote getters & that we'll be seeing them sometime in the next 5 or so non-movie waves.

Yeah, big awesome hugs to Zach for getting this to happen. The final picks are, predictably, completely satisfying. Even if we were only getting 2 Zemos and a bunch of Spider-man variants, the Zemos would more than make up for it. Instead, though, we're getting a bunch of stuff that will be great to have. I am 100% satisfied with the results. And not at all surprised that another fan poll won't be happening anytime soon.

Guys you don't have to worry about Falcon. We'll get him soon enough :biggrin:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/anthony-mackie-captain-america-sequel-349622

My only concern is that we get the movie mate instead of comic version. I don't want a replacement quick custom like Dum Dum.

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

I understand some people still being nervous about Winter Solider and Falcon, even if they are confirmed in the Captain America Movie Sequel. I can't help but have flashbacks to the "Wolverine Origin" Blob. It was a poor substitute for the Comic/616, and has yet to be remade in classic comic form.

We all know movie releases are usually accompanied by a comic wave or box set for the character. You've got to think at very least one of Falcon or WS would make it in if they did similar for Cap 2.

re: casting... isn't he the guy that was being heavily linke with the Panther role? Never heard of him myself, and I've seen the Hurt Locker

Commander Rogers, when he eventually comes out, should come with a Fury jr. swappable head. Just kill two birds and all. Comics Falcon when the time comes, please.

Anyone for "Atlas Through the Ages" ? - Power Man, Smuggler, Goliath, Atlas.

Loving the Zemos, and I'm really only disappointed about Madrox not making it. Really, really, really want a classic Madrox. Did he at least perform well in the poll?

Loving the Zemos, and I'm really only disappointed about Madrox not making it. Really, really, really want a classic Madrox. Did he at least perform well in the poll?

I would buy that in a heartbeat, I love Atlas' 90s costume.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. All I really want is Atlas, but I'd but the whole set just to get him.

More than that, I want to see a set with classic Thunderbolts. Include Fixer (with a removeable hairpiece), Atlas, Mach1/2 (with swappable armor pieces to give him different looks, maybe even include a head to reflect when he was black), and either Jolt or Citizen V.