UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives?

Valo487

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Masters of Evil

i think this is one of those times when every toy company doing a marvel exclusive should all do the same thing....i want the Masters in every form of toy

Some Masters of Evil 'mates would be ideal. Knock out the first two incarnations of the team, whist also giving us several classic Marvel U villains, including the much asked-for hooded Zemo. A TRU set could offer him in his '80s masked incarnation.

I'm anxious to see what happens on June 1st, but I'm hoping it won't get delayed like the Marvel series 50 polls did. I realize that's not anybody's fault around here... but when new 'mates start getting teased, I get so antsy!

Some Masters of Evil 'mates would be ideal. Knock out the first two incarnations of the team, whist also giving us several classic Marvel U villains, including the much asked-for hooded Zemo. A TRU set could offer him in his '80s masked incarnation.

I'm anxious to see what happens on June 1st, but I'm hoping it won't get delayed like the Marvel series 50 polls did. I realize that's not anybody's fault around here... but when new 'mates start getting teased, I get so antsy!

I'm guessing Baron Zemo will be one of the options in poll #3.

with so many mates already offered in the polls, i'm hoping we'll either see an Alpha Flight box set with a Northstar and Aurora tru exclusive - oooh or maybe a Northstar and Kyle exclusive, considering all the hype their marriage is getting! - or possibly a X-Factor box set with Monet, Strong Guy, Layla and Rictor, with a Wolfsebane and Siryn exclusive... or something like that!

At first I was assuming very heavily that the SDCC sets would be Alpha Flight... because...

A - Like many, I can't see why in holy hell they'd make Vindicator and Box, if they didn't have plans for the rest of them...

and

B - The fact that there are about 8 essential Alpha Flight members out there seems to lend itself entirely too perfectly to the standard AFX/Diamond complimentary four-pack... theme. lol.

HOWEVER... recent developments in the wave 50 thread have me wondering if the SDCC sets might not be Brotherhood... and perhaps wave 48 might be Alpha Flight.

Then again, I also wonder if the SDCC sets might still be Alpha Flight, and the TRU poll might be Brotherhood.

In any case... I feel recent evidence suggests that both Alpha Flight and The Brotherhood are coming... In one form or another.

(If you'd like to see more elaboration about my Brotherhood theories, check recent posts in the Wave 50 thread, lol)

Edited by Gillbob316

If we're still finding these out tomorrow, I'm psyched. We've been hearing about them for a long time and how awesome they're going to be, and after seeing some of what's not in according to the polls for Wave 50, I'm very curious/excited to find out.

Fingers crossed for at least a couple of new villains.

We've been hearing about them for a long time and how awesome they're going to be,

Just tempering expectations here... I think Zach has done his best not to blow these up into the awesomist boxsets ever that are going to break the internet. As with almost every reveal, I think most of our guesses are going to be way off, and there will almost certainly be someone or two who think the choices are a total waste of a boxset and a travesty for not including (insert character who seriously needs to get made).

Deep breath. We all know there are going to be some lima beans to choke down.

Believe me, I already know its not going to be what I would have picked based on the polls. But I do think they will be pretty cool, if anything Zach's the one who has given me the impression these are going to be pretty sweet, at least from what I've seen him say. I'm not worried, just looking forward to the reveal. It's one of the few times I can honestly say I have no guess what it will be.

DST has 1 4-pack and 3 2-packs according to what Zach said in the chat Wednesday. AFX has 2 4's. The AFX sets are "Bananas". Could be Oat dropping ridiculously vague clues, or just being Zach.

We'll know DST's in a few hours at any rate.

OH S#!T WE'RE GETTING DONKEY KONG MINIMATES! :teehee:

I said that at the chat. It's the herald of Nintendo mates!!!;) Wait,now it makes kinda sense. My superpower(speculation,duh) tells me that dk mates are on the way. That or thundercats.

Edited by Kostisfire

"Bananas?"

Planet of the Apes?

Naw. THAT would break the internet. Not the Marvel part of the internet but it would make a pretty decent dent in the rest of it.

It contains human characters,Luke said that it doesn't contain humans(he wasn't a big fan of the franchise so he isn't sure if it contains humans,but probably not). There goes my he man and tmnt theories.

Maybe Ape versions of the Marvel Mains from those covers a while back....

1338557898[/url]' post='229279']

Maybe Ape versions of the Marvel Mains from those covers a while back....

They weren't just covers. There was a whoooole weird series. And then, the apes became vampire apes and it went to super weirdtopia.

I thought that maybe these were possible for the AFX sets, but then I realized, unless they made Ape Moon Knight I don't think I'd even bother with them, and really, would anyone else?