Top Posters In This Topic

So...hints we have thus far:

DST SDCC Exclusives:

1 box set w/ 4 mates

3 2packs

AFX SDCC Exclusives:

2 box sets w/ 4 mates each

* the 3 2packs are Battle Beasts

* new property will debut based on 80s property that has not been 'mated before (was it confirmed these will be an exclusive? Or just shown for later release?)

* hints of Alpha Flight

* "bananas"

* Luke has little interest in the new 80s property but some will really like

* No human characters in what? 80s property or box set exclusives?

* Marvel Wave 48 and TRU Wave 15 share the same theme and will be showm at SDCC

Anything else?

Only one 2pack is battle beasts.

Can you shed some light to calico jack? Is it dead or still looking for a home?

Until it finds a home, it's pretty much inactive. We thought about doing something for SDCC, but decided not to.

I have a question though:all trus are sold out from the pirate mates,why don't they want to carry them? They have become pretty expensive on eBay too. Same goes for Sony. It seems that every good line somehow meets its end quickly. At least new lines will take their place. I still have hope for the pirates. As they say,hope dies last.

Until it finds a home, it's pretty much inactive. We thought about doing something for SDCC, but decided not to.

I have a question though:all trus are sold out from the pirate mates,why don't they want to carry them? They have become pretty expensive on eBay too. Same goes for Sony. It seems that every good line somehow meets its end quickly. At least new lines will take their place. I still have hope for the pirates. As they say,hope dies last.

Sony was not a good seller. Anything that goes on clearance is considered a flop to most people in the corporate world.

Sony is not interested in another Sony wave. The sales were not as spectacular as they'd hoped, so they didn't renew the license.

TRU canned Max and Pirates because... they did. I'm sure there was some internal boardroom discussion that we aren't privy to, but they dropped Pirates and Max (both of whom went on clearance) and kept Marvel and picked up Battle Beasts. I'm sure even you can figure out the connection there.

Now, as to Bananas. What are they? A fruit. And what color are they? Yellow. And where to they grow? In trees. Therefore We're getting a Black Cat TTA box set!!!

:teehee:

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

As they say,hope dies last.

No, cockroaches die last. Hope dies much sooner than you'd expect.

Here in Greece we have it as a saying: Η ελπίδα πεθαίνει τελευταία. Hope dies last.

Sony was not a good seller. Anything that goes on clearance is considered a flop to most people in the corporate world.

Sony is not interested in another Sony wave. The sales were not as spectacular as they'd hoped, so they didn't renew the license.

TRU canned Max and Pirates because... they did. I'm sure there was some internal boardroom discussion that we aren't privy to, but they dropped Pirates and Max (both of whom went on clearance) and kept Marvel and picked up Battle Beasts. I'm sure even you can figure out the connection there.

Now, as to Bananas. What are they? A fruit. And what color are they? Yellow. And where to they grow? In trees. Therefore We're getting a Black Cat TTA box set!!!

:teehee:

Thanks for the info but hey,what does "even you can figure out the connection there" supposed to mean?

Edited by Kostisfire

As they say,hope dies last.

No, cockroaches die last. Hope dies much sooner than you'd expect.

Actually, there's still theories out there that suggest that Larry King will live longer than cockroaches.

So, there you have it. One of the 2-packs is Minimates of Larry King and Walter 'Cockroach' Bradley from the Cosby Show.

I find myself agreeing with you on some of your points. You live in Greece & I live in the UK so we both know that we can't go & buy Minimates from TRU.....&, like you, I find it incredible that both these lines apparently didn't sell well. Being foreigners we both check US ebay & as you quite rightly say we find generally expensive asking prices there & very little to buy . The Playstation 'mates are without any doubt some of the most beautiful 'mates ever made & I have my suspicions some of the rarest.

I use the term 'rare' in relation to production numbers .....I reckon DC Minimates waves were produced in far higher numbers than the Playstation & Pirate lines .

edit: Apologies for what appears to be a double-post ....it seems my young Greek friend has decided to remove his post leaving me stranded. :biggrin:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I find myself agreeing with you on some of your points. You live in Greece & I live in the UK so we both know that we can't go & buy Minimates from TRU.....&, like you, I find it incredible that both these lines apparently didn't sell well. Being foreigners we both check US ebay & as you quite rightly say we find generally expensive asking prices there & very little to buy . The Playstation 'mates are without any doubt some of the most beautiful 'mates ever made & I have my suspicions some of the rarest.

How did you manage to buy them? I don't have in my hands but groundhog managed to find the whole pirate and Sony lines(exept from the ratchet pack which he ordered from someone from the board) at a tru. I'm waiting for my card to be renewed so I can buy them and some other stuff from him and wave 43 from Luke(I've spent around 400€ this month,that's what you get from being out of the Minimate game for half a year). Banks are extremely frustrating. I mean every time I want to put money in my dad's pre paid card they tell me that the owner should come. Strange thing is that I go with him almost every time so can't they put 2 and 2 together? Also,even if I was some stranger, I don't want to take money from him,I want to give him money. I understand that this is the bank's policy but it's extremely frustrating. But if halo can last 5 waves and five boxsets, Sony can easily last for ten waves. Anyway, I predict that the Sony and pirate mates (and maybe halo) are going to become the new dc. Lines with a big potential who stopped very early but will become extremely rare and valuable(and pricey).

I use the term 'rare' in relation to production numbers .....I reckon DC Minimates waves were produced in far higher numbers than the Playstation & Pirate lines .

edit: Apologies for what appears to be a double-post ....it seems my young Greek friend has decided to remove his post leaving me stranded. :biggrin:

I'm on my iPhone and I wanted to edit my first post but it somehow vanished. Sorry again.

Edited by Kostisfire

How did you manage to buy them? I don't have in my hands but groundhog managed to find the whole pirate and Sony lines(exept from the ratchet pack which he ordered from someone from the board) at a tru.

In much the same way as you did....with help from the same ol' faces :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, and this is gonna sound like me being an asshole, a friend of mine found the entire Sony wave with 3 extras of the Uncharted pack, on clearance at his TRU for $1.50 a pack. along with MAX sets, Pirate sets and a shitton of Universal monsters wave 2 for between $1-$0.50 per pack and he bough the whole goddamn pile which is sitting in my closet right now because I haven't decided what to do with them. Yet at the same time, they haven't seemed to even get wave 4 of Halo yet and it's driving me mad.

Meanwhile, and this is gonna sound like me being an asshole, a friend of mine found the entire Sony wave with 3 extras of the Uncharted pack, on clearance at his TRU for $1.50 a pack. along with MAX sets, Pirate sets and a shitton of Universal monsters wave 2 for between $1-$0.50 per pack and he bough the whole goddamn pile which is sitting in my closet right now because I haven't decided what to do with them. Yet at the same time, they haven't seemed to even get wave 4 of Halo yet and it's driving me mad.

That's pure,good ol' fashioned luck.

Edited by Kostisfire

Huh. MAX and Calico Jack have sold really well here. Better than X-Men: First Class, Sony, and Universal Monsters (all of which are massive pegwarmers), MvC, and even Marvel at times(the shared sets tend to linger). But what does any of this have to do with bananas?

Huh. MAX and Calico Jack have sold really well here. Better than X-Men: First Class, Sony, and Universal Monsters (all of which are massive pegwarmers), MvC, and even Marvel at times(the shared sets tend to linger). But what does any of this have to do with bananas?

I've figured it out now. Zach said that they had plans for calico jack SDCC sets but they got scrapped right? Okay,my guess is that the 4 pack had a pirate with a monkey and a banana. But at the last minute they decided to change the pirate mates for an alpha flight box set. I really want those ghost pirates with the cannons :(

How did you manage to buy them? I don't have in my hands but groundhog managed to find the whole pirate and Sony lines(exept from the ratchet pack which he ordered from someone from the board) at a tru.

In much the same way as you did....with help from the same ol' faces :thumbsup:

The magic of the abroad connections. ;)

Kostis and BHM, you aren't in American TRUs seeing what's hanging around. While I don't see many Pirates or MAX any more, I see a lot of Sony sitting around not doing anything -- if they'd blown out of there, we'd probably have found a way to make more, but it may also have been the nature of the deal. (There are also a lot of UM, but the line must still do relatively well for them, because we're still selling them there. )

And TRU orders a LOT more Minimates than we sell to specialty. I don't know DC numbers, but I seriously doubt that DC Direct made more Minimates than we made Sony 'Mates for TRU. The difference in apparent availability is that the DC Mates started out in the whole general specialty/online/secondary market, while the TRU-exclusive stuff starts out in stores (or on TRU.com) and people need to actively go and buy them and BRING them into the secondary market realm. And again, the profit margin on Minimates is not worth it for most people to make that effort. And by the time they're marked down, there's not much of a market any more.

Kostis and BHM, you aren't in American TRUs seeing what's hanging around. While I don't see many Pirates or MAX any more, I see a lot of Sony sitting around not doing anything -- if they'd blown out of there, we'd probably have found a way to make more, but it may also have been the nature of the deal. (There are also a lot of UM, but the line must still do relatively well for them, because we're still selling them there. )

And TRU orders a LOT more Minimates than we sell to specialty. I don't know DC numbers, but I seriously doubt that DC Direct made more Minimates than we made Sony 'Mates for TRU. The difference in apparent availability is that the DC Mates started out in the whole general specialty/online/secondary market, while the TRU-exclusive stuff starts out in stores (or on TRU.com) and people need to actively go and buy them and BRING them into the secondary market realm. And again, the profit margin on Minimates is not worth it for most people to make that effort. And by the time they're marked down, there's not much of a market any more.

Sony is over and I have accepted it. I still hope for calico. It's one of my favorite lines. And those ghost pirates with the cannons are pure gold.

Did I miss something? Did the BIG REVEAL get pushed back?

Yep,it's delayed till Monday,11 AM.

1338578610[/url]' post='229393']
1338576835[/url]' post='229380']

Meanwhile, and this is gonna sound like me being an asshole......

Not at all .....I'd do the same if I had the chance.

You'd make me sound like an asshole? That seems mean, yet not unwarranted.

Edited by The Geohound

Yeah, exactly, clearance Minimates at any price are a great deat, but if I found any Minimates for 50 cents a pack they would all be in my cart!

Yeah, the TRU Sony 'mates are a conundrum. Great figures of popular Sony franchises, but for some reason they just weren't popular. The problem with the Sony line in general is, other than God of War, they have no other first party games that would work for 'mates. Sure, GoW could carry several waves in itself, but if Jak/Daxter and Ratchet/Clank can't sell, then who is left? Generic SOCOM soldier? Generic Killzone soldier? Maybe a pack or 2 of Little Big Planet Sackboys? Unfortunately, Sony's "mascot" is Kratos, and he wasn't included in the license for whatever reason.

Nintendo Minimates, as many have said, are no-brainers. Characters from the Mario games alone could constitute 20+ waves. Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, the list goes on and on.

Even Sega, bless their heart for trying to remain relevant, could offer plenty of classic 'mates: Sonic, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Altered Beast.

I would like to see more stuff licensed from game publishers like Konami, Ubisoft, Capcom, etc. Of all the videogame properties, Castlevania 'mates are the highest on my want list. Not the modern crap, I want the old-school 8 and 16-bit Castlevania designs. But I have always professed that some of the best 'mates we could ever get is just a line of generic monsters/ghosts/mythological creatures.

Edited by youbastards

Yeah, exactly, clearance Minimates at any price are a great deat, but if I found any Minimates for 50 cents a pack they would all be in my cart!

Yeah, the TRU Sony 'mates are a conundrum. Great figures of popular Sony franchises, but for some reason they just weren't popular. The problem with the Sony line in general is, other than God of War, they have no other first party games that would work for 'mates. Sure, GoW could carry several waves in itself, but if Jak/Daxter and Ratchet/Clank can't sell, then who is left? Generic SOCOM soldier? Generic Killzone soldier? Maybe a pack or 2 of Little Big Planet Sackboys? Unfortunately, Sony's "mascot" is Kratos, and he wasn't included in the license for whatever reason.

Nintendo Minimates, as many have said, are no-brainers. Characters from the Mario games alone could constitute 20+ waves. Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, the list goes on and on.

Even Sega, bless their heart for trying to remain relevant, could offer plenty of classic 'mates: Sonic, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Altered Beast.

I would like to see more stuff licensed from game publishers like Konami, Ubisoft, Capcom, etc. Of all the videogame properties, Castlevania 'mates are the highest on my want list. Not the modern crap, I want the old-school 8 and 16-bit Castlevania designs.

The lords of shadow designs are pretty neat. Especially the new LoS2 demon/vampire Gabriel.

Also,should I keep my vita or trade it and buy a 3ds? The last Nintendo console I bought was the ds and I have a ps3. Also Zach,have you ever considered nintendo mates?

Edited by Kostisfire