UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives?

Valo487

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - i know i'm going to buy them either way. I just want to know how excited i can get about them. LOL.

@ Rheul - did you ask if the AFX sets were Marvel?

I can answer the question on how many minimates it takes to bury a person. I believe for a 6'3 foot tall 280 lbs male (my size) it would take at least 775 minimates. This is assuming that you put the person in a hole or bath tub and then begin filling in with mates, and you want to at least submerge the body completely until no longer visible.

I know this because I have attempted something similar when invoicing my minimates for insurance purposes. I however will leave my mates to my family for resale or investment when I kick the bucket.

Edited by highassroller

IIRC, the answer wasn't specific, but seemed to imply one marvel set and one other unnamed property.

That's what they usually do, and usually their Marvel set compliments DST's. So they'd have (to pick a Marvel property completely at random) one Alpha Flight set, and DST would have the other. For example.

I can answer the question on how many minimates it takes to bury a person. I believe for a 6'3 foot tall 280 lbs male (my size) it would take at least 775 minimates. This is assuming that you put the person in a hole or bath tub and then begin filling in with mates, and you want to at least submerge the body completely until no longer visible.

I know this because I have attempted something similar when invoicing my minimates for insurance purposes. I however will leave my mates to my family for resale or investment when I kick the bucket.

Well... now we know.:unsure:

Well... now we know.:unsure:

And knowing is half the murder... :ermm:

(to pick a Marvel property completely at random) one Alpha Flight set, and DST would have the other. For example.

Zach has made a few statements lately about "seeing how well the convention sets do," as if to say they're taking some kind of crazy risk instead of going with sure-bet Avengers lineups. Some kind of crazy risk like catering to a small but vocal contingent who have a thing for Canadian superhero teams. For example.

Then again, he has also made statements about "holes being filled," which could suggest something similar to the Disney sets: two or three obligatory Avengers heavy-hitters and someone like Falcon or Zemo to round it out. I could easily imagine seeing an updated comic Black Widow somewhere in there, and there are plenty more Iron Man armors to do/update.

If I were to bet on it, I would say Avengers sets at SDCC (targeted to the more mainstream/pop culture audience there), and Alpha Flight coming at NYCC (more targeted to comic fans) or as an exclusive set AFX usually does around the end of the year. If Alpha Flight is actually getting a set, that is, and which still seems like a fairly signifiant if.

Edited by Lobsterman

See, now when bhm says that he cleans every loose Minimate he gets with soap and water, I don't think he's as crazy as I first thought. You really don't know where your Minimates have been. Although I do wonder if his picture of his outdoor bathtub is related to this post now.

The 'cleaning' thing began years ago when I got a big batch of loose Nicotinomates from a guy on here....they stunk :pinch:

I've just done it as a matter of course ever since unless I know they're fresh from pack....notably my recent JJJ army from 'one of our most respected here' :thumbsup:

I'm probably not as crazy as GH first thought......I'm probably crazier.

I'll see if I can get some kind of rollout started...

Zach, you are the greatest thing to ever happen to MMMV. (and that is saying a lot, because there are some awesome people around here). ;)

I'm probably not as crazy as GH first thought......I'm probably crazier.

Never doubted it for one moment. No, not one.

Great Lakes Avengers? Or just Squrriel Girl? I rather have these weird-os instead of those hozers from Alpha Flight.

June 1st it is. Hot sex!!

:mellow:

This is now officially the most awkward thread on the board.

Haha, sorry, I'm trying to shake my status as one of the more negative posters, and was trying to post the most over the top reaction I could think of.

I will say, if the 'mate exclusives are as good as the rumored Marvel Universe exclusive, I may have to say it again.