UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3

youbastards

Speaking of repaints of existing figures, I saw this image recently of 13 armor designs from the film. Only two of them – Iron Man and Iron Patriot (repainted War Machine) – have been seen in set photos so far. The rest, honestly, look like Hasbro designs for action figures.

post-160-0-64361200-1349459299_thumb.jpg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of repaints of existing figures, I saw this image recently of 13 armor designs from the film. Only two of them – Iron Man and Iron Patriot (repainted War Machine) – have been seen in set photos so far. The rest, honestly, look like Hasbro designs for action figures.

I spy with my little eye Silver Centurion, Stealth, Hulkbuster, and Fear Itself. Any other notable armors that I should have recognized?

Hmm... what if the movie begins with him testing out Hulkbuster on the actual Hulk? Now THAT would be an opening.

Edited by Trekker 42

Some of the ones on the right were in the Hasbro concept series for the movie. I think the fifth from the right is the Undersea Armor or something and first on the right is Hypervelocity Armor. I think. They all look pretty nifty.

I still like MkIII best. Why did they have to screw with something that worked fine?

Speaking of repaints of existing figures, I saw this image recently of 13 armor designs from the film. Only two of them – Iron Man and Iron Patriot (repainted War Machine) – have been seen in set photos so far. The rest, honestly, look like Hasbro designs for action figures.

Most of those are designs for Hasbro action figures. Although, if he ends up in that Silver Centurion armor, I won't complain too much. I also won't complain too much if we see a few of these in the IM wave...

Edited by Lobsterman

I read somewhere that the new Iron Man suit isn't Mark VIII. It's more like Mark 47. That kinda jibes with another piece of concept art I saw that appears to depict a chasm of armors in various stages of development. Not sure whether this idea will make it into the film or not because that seems like a hell of a leap between suits. War Machine is definitely getting an upgrade. (And a patriotic paint job!)

that could actually make sense, it could help bridge the gap between Avengers (like he's been too busy thats why they havent teamed up much), it could also help introduce some of the new villains in the film, the only problem is that they still need to make a new armor every movie and this could cut a lot of their choices

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap, he's fighting dwarves?!?! LOTR crossover :lol:

OMG, you're right. Favreau says it himself!

According to the films director, the Mandarin will not be seen in the first film, but his presence will be felt. Jon Favreau likened this to how Sauron was depicted in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The idea is to build up the Mandarin as a threat for future sequels.

(via)

Who/What is Tony pulling at the end? Cause I thought it was his armor, but everyone seems to be "OMG!"

Also, I think the new armor may be interesting. Everyone hates it. In the movie everyone hates Tony. This may be a thing where he's lost himself, chosen armor that, quite frankly sucks, and in the end goes back to classic red/gold. It may be psychological for the audience as much a plot point for the story.