UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3

youbastards

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The actor that plays Coldblood is in the suit. I can't even...why?!?!?!

My guess: Instead of becoming the Coldblood cyborg, this time the wounded vet is remade by the US military into the Iron Partriot (or whatever they call him). But they will use Tony's tech to do it, taken from their time with the Mark II/War Machine. (note the cannon on his back) When Tony goes all out taking down everyone using his tech, this guy will take the place of the Guardsmen as the sympathetic good guy that Tony's obcession forces him to take out as well.

Of course, if we're doing Armor Wars that all works fine, but then this is suppossed to be a AW / Extremis mashup story and I'm not sure how you tell both coherently in 2 hours.

My guess - the first part of the movie deals with the proliferation of the Iron Man technology (bringing in Firepower, Iron Patriot, other obscure armors) and Tony is forced to realize he's not cutting edge anymore. Meanwhile, the Extremis virus is introduced (by the Mandarin, hiding in the shadows) and the Extremis-powered character beats the crap out of Tony. So Tony uses Extremis to have the most advanced armor again and to kick everyone's butt.

And to think i was worried about Iron Man 2 being the convoluted, crowded film. :rolleyes:

It's too soon for Armor Wars. We just proved in IM2 that it's nigh-impossible to recreate Stark's armors with pilots, and how uncontrollable Drones are (or dangerously controllable in wrong hands). The fact that they can suddenly jump to "now there's 30 people with Iron Men suits" is just ridiculous. No way have they had the ability to recreate those in 2 years, especially without Stark knowing. He'd be paying even MORE attention after Hammer's stunt. Considering they want to make this film a "confined, Stark-story about Extremis" i'm NOT impressed so far.

And this Iron Patriot thing is just nonsense. The whole irony of the character is that it's Norman Osborne standing in front of a team wearing two 616 American Icons: Captain America and Iron Man, and then the wonderfully horrible things he does and how patriotic he really is. He's what America "wants." Putting "Coldblood" in the armor isn't the same at all, and ruins the character.

they could handle armor wars the way Ironman Armored Adventures did, instead of recreating the ironman tech, just steal it. Hammer, Stane, whatever corporation could steal the designs (maybe ghost or spy master? or thats how coldblood fits in), then builds a ton of armors, selling them to the military, the iron patriot armor is like their publicity the stunt the same way warmachine was

Then it's just a repeat of IM2 with less SHIELD. The military and Justin Hammer already got their "Iron American" Pride for most of the movie. No one stole the armor, but they didn't have to, they had Hammer and Whiplash.

I know i'm overreacting slightly, but come on. First we get Extremis. Then we get a likely Mandarin. Now we're getting Armor Wars? All in the same film? With the Iron Patriot who isn't the Iron Patriot? And that's supposed to work in 2 hours? :rolleyes:

ok first of all, i think everyones over reacting on the whole iron patriot thing, its a patriotic ironman armor, its been done before osborn, multiple times, secondly, this armor only shares on thing with osborns armor, its red white and blue, this armor has an entirely different color scheme then Normans, it could be a movie adaption of Detroit Steel, or just a coincidence, maybe even an intentional easter egg for loyal comic book fans.

also, we have like a bajillion rumors about villains in this film, im trying to stick to the confirmed ones, does it seem like this film may be crowded? Yes. Is that really a bad thing? well...if they pull this off like they did the Avengers, definitely not. Comic books have a ton of stuff going on all the time, joss whedon showed us comic book movies can too. All i know is: this has Robert Downey Jr, its gonna be awesome.

ok just read up the full girth of Ironman 3 news...so its not armor wars, which while im disappointed, the story still sounds like a load of fun, and im glad they are keeping Mandarin as a behind the shadows guy for a little longer, it seems like marvel is still not wanting Ironman to be a legit super hero with his own arch-nemesis just yet, which i feel fits the tone of the now-trilogy best. Now im just hoping that we get to see Rhodey and maybe even Natasha reappear in this film...also, anyone thinking we are DEFINITELY getting an army builder minimate dump for this one? ;)

hey, both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight have atleast 3 villains in each film, yet those are amazing films

Avengers had 6 major heroes, Nick Fury, Maria Hill and Coulson (who became a fan favorite), not to mention Loki, an army of aliens and a brief appearance of another huge villain.

X-men First Class had an entire team of bad guys, each with their own story that they didnt even need to delve into to give them a presence, not to mention tons of other stuff crammed in...

i gotta say, Marvel Movies have learned a lot since the first 3 X-men and the first 3 Spiderman films, ever since Batman Begins and Ironman there has been a new standard for superhero movies and everyone done by Marvel Studios has been amazing...

ill stop ranting now :D

hey, both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight have atleast 3 villains in each film, yet those are amazing films

Avengers had 6 major heroes, Nick Fury, Maria Hill and Coulson (who became a fan favorite), not to mention Loki, an army of aliens and a brief appearance of another huge villain.

X-men First Class had an entire team of bad guys, each with their own story that they didnt even need to delve into to give them a presence, not to mention tons of other stuff crammed in...

i gotta say, Marvel Movies have learned a lot since the first 3 X-men and the first 3 Spiderman films, ever since Batman Begins and Ironman there has been a new standard for superhero movies and everyone done by Marvel Studios has been amazing...

ill stop ranting now :D

You have a point.

Latinoreview confirmed that Kingsley is the mandarin.

link Kosti?

And I'm fine if that's true, Mandy originally had one english parent, though whether it was his father or mother was always hazy at best. Mandarin was suppossed to represent to threat of China to the west, bring that forward to today and you get a Chinese business man, costing American jobs and all.

And prehaps Flag-Man (so TTF isn't pre-offended) is Extremis augmented. Maybe that's how Mandarin, or the whoever Kingsly is playing, has figured out how to match and surpass Iron Man tech.

But Flag-Man, given the design and the Coldblood origin, just screams PR stunt patsy designed to make Tony look like the villain when he opposses the red white and blue.

Latinoreview confirmed that Kingsley is the mandarin.

link Kosti?

And I'm fine if that's true, Mandy originally had one english parent, though whether it was his father or mother was always hazy at best. Mandarin was suppossed to represent to threat of China to the west, bring that forward to toda and you get a Chinese business man, costing American jobs and all.

And prehaps Flag-Man (so TTF isn't pre-offended) is Extremis augmented. Maybe that's how Mandarin, or the whoever Kingsly is playing, has figured out how to match and surpass Iron Man tech.

But Flag-Man, given the design and the Coldblood origin, just screams PR stunt patsy designed to make Tony look like the villain when he opposses the red white and blue.

Here it is: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=60673

Scarlett said she will NOT be in the film, Undeadpool. No Avengers/SHIELD whatsoever.

The thing with all of those is that they're intentionally supposed to be crowded; the X-men have two really singular "villains" in Magneto and En Sabah Nur. Considering it was a reboot and Magneto was still aligned with Charles, that was out of the picture. And for the time frame, the Hellfire Club made sense. However, look who had screen time: Did Riptide (who's name is NEVER spoken) or Azazel get character development? Did Riptide even get ONE line?? That is my concern. We'll get faceless villains we will not care about.

Hammer, Vanko, and Stane all proved to be people to hate (well, i like Hammer a lot, but that's a different debate) based on what they had personality-wise. We saw (reverse order) a traitorous sellout warmonger, a hermit genius in search of vengeance and bloodlust, and and douchebag Corporate Patriot with a snide rivalry. We wanted to them to lose. With each new villain in IM3, we're losing personality and that desire, and they just become Stormtroopers in Iron Man suits.

Whether or not the Star Spangled Suit is the Iron Patriot isn't really important: we all know who it's supposed to be. It's red, white, and blue, has a silver faceplate, and has a star on the arc reactor. If they make Detroit Steel the same size as Iron Man then they're screwing him up too.

In all honesty, i'm not the biggest Iron Man fan; i like Tony Stark from before his kidnapping, not the Government Stooge Civil War version he's becoming. But i do appreciate the sorts of struggles they address in his films and i always hate seeing "Michael Bay" in place of accuracy and good story-telling.

Well, I think that Stormtroopers in IM suits is what IM1 and IM2 were building up to. If anything, I hope that IM3 addresses the fact that Iron Man actually LOST in IM2. I mean, the whole thing starts off with Tony refusing to share Stark Tech and the US government wanting him to do so to prevent/combat the proliferation of Stark Tech/Knock-offs in the wrong hands. Sure it all ends with one bad guy in cuffs, one dead, and Tony getting a pat on the back... but he's only getting that pat on the back for doing what he deliberately set out not to do. Stark Tech/knock-offs end up in the wrong hands and it is only by cooperating and sharing with the US Gov. that Stark is able to beat those bad guys. So... Stark lost, Shandling won. Everything we're hearing about IM3 seems to me to be building into that narrative that was set up in the earlier movies.

Rampant speculation:

In terms of armor wars, etc, being too much, in every IM movie so far there have been 2 distinct acts. In IM1 there is the capture/creation then there is the return/revenge. In the second movie there is the build-up/confrontation with Whiplash then show-down with Whiplash and the Drones. I see no reason to change the formula for IM3. Act 1: IM goes out into the world trying to round up any Stark Tech that is out there and combats some minor villains meanwhile Dale is groomed for his role as Coldblood/Iron Patriot/Detroit Steel/Warmachine 2. In secret Extremis is developed. Act 2: Extremis unleashed (thinking that the first assault is a suicide bomb that severely injures and infects Dale, creating a bond that turns him from armored hero into cyborg soldier). Tony realizes that IM is obsolete- while he was out gathering all his toys, the world kept on moving past him. Time to catch up.

Not to double-post, but there's one more new pic and while it is possibly not major i will not post it for spoilery reasons, but there seems to be another villain(s?) we're being introduced to, and while i appreciate the Marvel nod....IT'S TOO CROWDED.

It's shows:

A sign outside a building for Advanced Idea Mechanics. So...now everyone that steals Stark tech is an AIM guy? I was hoping when AIM was introduced we'd get Beehivers and it'd be a HYDRA sect. Not Iron Man baddies. Sigh...

Man, that picture irritates me, because it's wrong. MKI is a collection of non-working parts. MKII is GONE. MKIII is scrap. MKIV is also gone, turned into MK IV. MKV is scrap. MKIV is Scrap. MKVII is the only armor he has left and/or works. Yet all 7 are there, shiny and new. :/

Man, that picture irritates me, because it's wrong. MKI is a collection of non-working parts. MKII is GONE. MKIII is scrap. MKIV is also gone, turned into MK IV. MKV is scrap. MKIV is Scrap. MKVII is the only armor he has left and/or works. Yet all 7 are there, shiny and new. :/

With how much of a narcissist Stark is, i think it's reasonable to say he'd rebuild them for his personal collection. We know how easy it is; he finished the III in a matter of days. But the dude has his "heart" in a box on his desk, so mementos are fairly important to him.

Now that i think about it, that's a great plotpoint from Ultimates; Stark was such an antiquarian and packrat. Combine that with his self-obsession, and it makes total sense.

I still don't think the II is really there. It looks...transparent.